ADVERTISEMENT

And another unexpected player in the portal...

DocRon

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 15, 2001
Sheridan , Michigan
Tamara Farquhar enters the portal per Mike Carmin. It will be interesting to see where these players (I am counting four now) end up.

Reactions: Brya31
Farquhar never seemed to recover from that injury. Good rebounder and defender. Thought she would do more on O.

Reactions: DocRon
Unless the perfect transfer falls in your lap, better to build through high school recruiting
Need both, some really good ones will be available, no reason the Boilers can't bring in a top notch multi year transfer with immediate eligibility.

There are four 4 star freshmen coming in next year. I am pretty sure Jayla Smith is going to play a lot immediately.

The other 3 sound very promising.

Sacha Washington is a 6'1" power forward out of Georgia. She is ranked one of the top 50 players in the country. She is supposed to be physical and athletic with 3 point range.

Skye Williams is a 5'10" combo guard out of Ohio. Ranked one of the top 100 players in the country. She is supposed to be extremely athletic and creative with the ball.

Ava Learn is a 6'1" guard out of New York. She is ranked one of the top 150 players in the country. She is supposed to be a remarkable shooter with superior passing ability. She averaged 20+ points, 11 rebounds, 4 blocks and about 5 assists per game.

So I agree.....that unless it is the "perfect transfer". I would rather see what these 4 ladies can do with the minutes that will be available.

There are four 4 star freshmen coming in next year. I am pretty sure Jayla Smith is going to play a lot immediately.

The other 3 sound very promising.

Sacha Washington is a 6'1" power forward out of Georgia. She is ranked one of the top 50 players in the country. She is supposed to be physical and athletic with 3 point range.

Skye Williams is a 5'10" combo guard out of Ohio. Ranked one of the top 100 players in the country. She is supposed to be extremely athletic and creative with the ball.

Ava Learn is a 6'1" guard out of New York. She is ranked one of the top 150 players in the country. She is supposed to be a remarkable shooter with superior passing ability. She averaged 20+ points, 11 rebounds, 4 blocks and about 5 assists per game.

So I agree.....that unless it is the "perfect transfer". I would rather see what these 4 ladies can do with the minutes that will be available.
The men need a perfect transfer type of player, the women coming off a 7 win season need a reboot, they need a good player that will be available to come in and lead the change, I do agree, don't want to see a player at a high end D-1 school that averaged 3 points a game to come on board. As for the incoming recruits, 2 are in the 100-150 range, not sure that leads to great success at the next level, usually top 50 types are needed. My guess is Katie helps bring in a top flight transfer, time will tell.

Reactions: DavidBoiler
They will need a backup Center, a wing player or small forward, and a point guard would also be nice. If I'm looking at potential transfers in the transfer portal, those are the positions I'm looking at filling. Farquhar was the only real small forward type besides Grant on the team, and Farquhar's minutes will need to be replaced. Someone with offensive skills, a good shooter and midrange scorer. They now also need someone to back up Kyle in the post. Recruiting quality post players to me is the hardest position to recruit and find in D-1 WBB. Another point guard would also be nice imho. They have Kayana who if she stays healthy will play 35 minutes a game, but after losing Harmon and Karissa it is imperative imho that they try to find a transfer PG who can come in and backup Moore and Traylor and play and contribute right away. That would be what I would prioritize in the transfer portal if I'm SV and Katie.

I am really interested to see how Katie Gearlds and her new staff of assistant coaches use Rickie Woltman and if Rickie better reaches her potential with a new head coach and different offensive and defensive schemes and philosophies. She's been an enigma under Sharon and poorly utilized imho. That will be an interesting dynamic to follow because I think Rickie is a talented player but has been under utilized and has really become a forgotten player.

Reactions: Brya31
The men need a perfect transfer type of player, the women coming off a 7 win season need a reboot, they need a good player that will be available to come in and lead the change, I do agree, don't want to see a player at a high end D-1 school that averaged 3 points a game to come on board. As for the incoming recruits, 2 are in the 100-150 range, not sure that leads to great success at the next level, usually top 50 types are needed. My guess is Katie helps bring in a top flight transfer, time will tell.

I haven't exactly been paying attention to the wbb portal. Is it as busy as the men's?

I haven't exactly been paying attention to the wbb portal. Is it as busy as the men's?
Not sure, Purdue's is busy lol. It is what it is, Purdue won 7 games last year, if some of the vets want to leave so be it. Traylor played over 30 minutes a game, pretty strange decision leaving a team that gave her lots of freedom and playing time. I do wish her the best though.

Not sure, Purdue's is busy lol. It is what it is, Purdue won 7 games last year, if some of the vets want to leave so be it. Traylor played over 30 minutes a game, pretty strange decision leaving a team that gave her lots of freedom and playing time. I do wish her the best though.
It's par for the course when you have a coaching change at this level. Players are going to transfer..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT