ADVERTISEMENT

an insane amount of tix avail for Purdue at Illinois

JHetfield99

All-American
Gold Member
Apr 9, 2008
How blase is their fanbase that they don't even support a squad that seems like a legit 6-1?
I mean I know they have been awful a long time so surely that wore on their fanbase but are IL fans just that similar to IU where it's hoops fandom 1st, 2nd and 3rd and then football is competing for the scraps of baseball/hockey/wrestling (at IU it's soccer and baseball)?

Purdue had one of the worst 10 year spans possible where we went from pessimistically hoping for .500 to the absolute basement including one of the statiscally worst teams in Big Ten history, yet we already sold out the stadium by game 4 of the Brohm era for Michigan and then right at the cusp of that again for IU at the end of the season when simply fighting like hell just to go 6-6.

I thought the tix on Sluthub seemed pretty darn reasonable, and large groups of them, like up to 9 for tix on the 25 yardline and only about $70, or if you'd go to the 15 yardline (still totally fine) down to under $50.

Then I went to the actual IL website.
There are decent-sized to blocks of 4 consecutive rows to entire giant block sections!

If your budget is thin, and the Ross Ade tickets have been all gobbled or too expensive, and you're looking for a deal:
you can get a 4-pack in their horseshoe end for $99 total.

Knuckleheads, if you live in the area it's an easy 1 to 2hr drive (latter for me on west side of Indy) let's buy up these tix and yell Boiler Up in what will end up the defacto Big Ten West title game whether or not we end the streak in Madison.

sidebar, this demonstrates how absolutely inane it is to force all students into the endzone in the name of "more revenue, f you can't sell regular seats for a division leading squad to the normal fanbase.

I'm not some pretentious Purdue fan thinking we're the cat's meow. I know OSU fans buy piles of tix in prime areas on the east side of the stadium, but it's never like this if we at least have a pulse (though I noticed there were darn few for PSU this year, on a week that was ideal for travel going into Labor Day), but that's because OSU fans buy road tix as soon as they go on sale since they are like half the price or less of what re-sale tix are at the Horseshoe since demand is so incredibly insane as that's their lone true "pro" team (sorry MLS.)

Purdue fans aren't like Wisc fans were in the late 80s or Neb fans now where they will buy tix no questions asked, but if men's hoops or football program gives us just a little bit to get excited about and/or a good disciplined group to get behind, Purdue fans come out in doves, especially if momentum is in the right direction (as we saw after a couple of very bleeeeehh years of hoops). We're a relatively small fanbase (with 2 other major d1 programs in the same state, unlike Wisc that only has 1 for a similar population), and there's a bunch of engineers and ag guys that tend to be pragmatic with their cash (I am), but I take pride in knowing we're a pretty damn loyal and fervent fanbase as long as the wheels aren't completely falling off (e.g. women's hoops the last decade.)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News