ADVERTISEMENT

About time for another commitment announcement

I believe it was junior day for recruits so they are probably a few months away from committing.
It’s hit and miss on recruits committing while on visits. Sometimes there are a ton (like the portal guys this cycle) and other times there are none (like this weekend).

Just how things go.

Just did…I’ll get back to you on that question once the season starts lol. Way too many ? marks right now but he looks like a solid pickup!
True, but we can try to project.

The Speedster.

Out: Burks
In: CJ Smith

main strength for Burks was his speed. He was the fastest player on the team last year. CJ Smith is projected to have elite speed, maybe faster than Burks. A little taller than Burks. Should have similar or slightly better production.

Position Receivers.

Out: Yaseem, Sheffield
In: Morissette, Brown

Strength for Yaseem was that he would catch any ball thrown at his direction. Really good hands, but not always open. possible that Morissette could replace his production. Sheffield brought veteran presence. Brown having several years experience should replace that.

Big Body Receiver.

Out: Rice
in: Leland Smith

Rice was inconsistent with catches during the season. Smith is bigger and taller than Rice. Smith is the type of receiver Harrell likes. Big receivers that can beat up on small defensive back.

and we have Tibbs, vixon, and the incoming freshman class.
I think WRs room should be an improvement but will not know until Spring ball. Here’s to projecting.

Reactions: RDUBoiler
True, but we can try to project.

The Speedster.

Out: Burks
In: CJ Smith

main strength for Burks was his speed. He was the fastest player on the team last year. CJ Smith is projected to have elite speed, maybe faster than Burks. A little taller than Burks. Should have similar or slightly better production.

Position Receivers.

Out: Yaseem, Sheffield
In: Morissette, Brown

Strength for Yaseem was that he would catch any ball thrown at his direction. Really good hands, but not always open. possible that Morissette could replace his production. Sheffield brought veteran presence. Brown having several years experience should replace that.

Big Body Receiver.

Out: Rice
in: Leland Smith

Rice was inconsistent with catches during the season. Smith is bigger and taller than Rice. Smith is the type of receiver Harrell likes. Big receivers that can beat up on small defensive back.

and we have Tibbs, vixon, and the incoming freshman class.
I think WRs room should be an improvement but will not know until Spring ball. Here’s to projecting.
Forgot about Edrine. Never got to see his production last year. Let‘s see what he has to showcase.

Reactions: pboiler18
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT