ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue football 3 Reasons Why Purdue Will Win & Retain The Bucket Today

Kyle_Holderfield

Staff Writer
Staff
Oct 22, 2022
West Lafayette, IN
The second child is here, Cohen Holderfield, and I have been off of here for a few days. Enjoying some late night Boiler Basketball, other College Football Games, West Coast NBA, etc. If you've been a dad before, you totally get it.

But, I am excited for today's bucket game, one which can be a close game if we let those guys from down south stick around, or if we bring our A game, we may blow them out.

But, I've been thinking & here are 3 reasons why Purdue will win.

1. Coach Brohm rises up and answers the call today. CJB gets his players up for big games, while many coincide this with ranked opponents, it's also the same in rivalry games. Since he arrived, he is 3-1 against IU (2020 game was a DNP). Against Illinois, our other Rival, he is 5-1 losing only in 2019. The point is, he has his team ready for big games. Today is a big game, just for rhe Bucket alone. Now there is even more on the line.

2. IU can't throw the football. The Purdue defense against the run, is pretty solid.they bottled up Chase Brown a couple of weeks ago, did a nice job against Evan Hull from NW. Purdue will have to contain Dexter Williams at QB, he completed 2 passes last week, he is a runner first. They also will need to hold Shaun Shivers in check, he has big play capability. I personally believe we will see a similar game plan as last week, man coverage, load the box and limit big plays.

3. The Boilermakers need to establish the run and get others involved. Mockobee is a GTD, but Downing and Lewis should be able to lead the backfield again. Luckily, it will be about 55 degrees at kick, no rain or snow, so Purdue will be able to implement thwir normal CJB offense, throwing the ball. Purdue knows what they will get from Charlie Jones and Payne Durham. But, can CJB get Sheffield, Rice, Yaseen and other involved? Tiawan Mullen, a CB, who would have started over 40 games in his career if COVID did not shorten 2020, will be an NFL defensive back, I am sure Chuck Sizzle draws his attention.

What do you believe Purdue needs to do to win?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News