ADVERTISEMENT

2025… where do we put recruits lol?

In home visit with Trent today.

Someone said Braden has had some cryptic tweets lately and think this points to Painter locking up Sisley.

Everyone else running to the portal and cheering IU picking up pieces from other teams. Painter running recon near Bloomington picking off Sisley.

I shouldn’t say 0%, I am no insider. I guess he did include Purdue in his top 9. But I’d be absolutely stunned if he came to Purdue. He announced a long time ago that he’s a one and done and everyone else on his list makes way more sense for that

Reactions: Heads up BOILER
In home visit with Trent today.

Someone said Braden has had some cryptic tweets lately and think this points to Painter locking up Sisley.

Everyone else running to the portal and cheering IU picking up pieces from other teams. Painter running recon near Bloomington picking off Sisley.

Just a reminder we can't send someone to prep school AND sign Sisley. Not unless Painter is just winging it and I don't remotely think he is.

Blows my mind that IU wouldn't be all over a top 50 player in their own backyard. Better for us I guess if they don't put much effort into recruiting him.

I shouldn’t say 0%, I am no insider. I guess he did include Purdue in his top 9. But I’d be absolutely stunned if he came to Purdue. He announced a long time ago that he’s a one and done and everyone else on his list makes way more sense for that
Why can’t he be a one and done at Purdue? His dad and Terry Johnson are best friends and grew up together. He’s known Haralson since he was young and has had that relationship. I think we have a decent shot, but if I had to guess, I’d say he goes out of state after his senior year. But I def don’t think we are 0% chance.

Just a reminder we can't send someone to prep school AND sign Sisley. Not unless Painter is just winging it and I don't remotely think he is.
Couldn’t we just have him sign and then figure it out later? Or maybe push his scholarship out to count for 2026/2027? Haha

Why can’t he be a one and done at Purdue? His dad and Terry Johnson are best friends and grew up together. He’s known Haralson since he was young and has had that relationship. I think we have a decent shot, but if I had to guess, I’d say he goes out of state after his senior year. But I def don’t think we are 0% chance.

Now we were told by folks here that all Purdue needed to land these type studs is a FF & a decent NIL. Well as NCRU, and our well managed NIL, shouldn't we have a great shot at both?

Now we were told by folks here that all Purdue needed to land these type studs is a FF & a decent NIL. Well as NCRU, and our well managed NIL, shouldn't we have a great shot at both?
Mmmhmmm And we have developed a top 100 recruit into a top 5 lotto pick….so why wouldn’t Purdue be able to develop a top 15 recruit into the same top 5 lotto pick?

Yeah just give him enough NIL money so he can be a walk-on. That works, right?
I think we can push scholarships out and have it count for that year but have that player on the roster and be on scholarship…I think we’ve discussed that here before. I think @northside100 and I discussed but can’t remember and a bit lazy to search right now….i will when I get some time 😂

I think we can push scholarships out and have it count for that year but have that player on the roster and be on scholarship…I think we’ve discussed that here before. I think @northside100 and I discussed but can’t remember and a bit lazy to search right now….i will when I get some time 😂
I was being facetious.

I was being facetious.
Walk-ons can get NIL $, I'm not sure whether they do at Purdue. If the player and family are willing to do it I don't know why you couldn't / wouldn't have a player give up their scholarship and cover in-state tuition and room and board with their NIL funds. Not saying that will happen.

Reactions: tenwest
Now that we agree walkons can receive NIL offers, do you believe Purdue has enough NIL money to attract a player such as Harrelson to come to Purdue?

Old boiler said we had a good chance to land both players. Can you clarify if you meant both players as in a total of two? Or that we had a good chance at landing each player, but most likely we could only get one of the two due to scholarship restrictions?

I currently see a huge logjam at the 2/3 spot. Depending on who gets the starting role next year, I could easily see 2 players leaving via the portal for a chance to play. That’s the way it seems today. If you don’t start, you leave via the portal.

Reactions: oldboiler52
Now that we agree walkons can receive NIL offers, do you believe Purdue has enough NIL money to attract a player such as Harrelson to come to Purdue?

Old boiler said we had a good chance to land both players. Can you clarify if you meant both players as in a total of two? Or that we had a good chance at landing each player, but most likely we could only get one of the two due to scholarship restrictions?

I currently see a huge logjam at the 2/3 spot. Depending on who gets the starting role next year, I could easily see 2 players leaving via the portal for a chance to play. That’s the way it seems today. If you don’t start, you leave via the portal.
Here you go with that, at least you are down to 2 players and not 3-5. Purdue has lost very few transfers due to playing time, paint is very honest with guys they need to work for it.

We have one schollie open already (Furst). We know we will have to lose one this year and we have a whole nother year. I think paint will over sign by one and the problem goes away if the one we lose this year is anyone but Furst or it is likely we get at least one next year (but unlikely 3-5).

I have been watching Painter recruit since he became the head coach. During that time, I have seen Painter bail on recruits many many times. It's all at once and complete. There are only so many resources for a program to employ. You don't use your limited assets to chase a player you have 0% chance of landing. When Painter is convinced, he has even a remote chance of landing him it is Painter who becomes the lead recruiter. "IE" home visits. Last year this happened with Flory Bedunga he went from #1 target to no interest over night. So until I see a recruit announce we are out, or our staff pulls out IMO we have a chance. So, when I say we have a chance it really means our staff believes we have a chance. Way too many variables these days to call any recruit a lock easy to say with confidence we have a chance. Just my humble opinion. I mean we have a shot at both.

I wish I could be a bug on the wall in the Sisley home when Painter is there. Painter still recruiting high school kids has to give Trent and his family some comfort. Sisley can look at Purdue's roster and know the players that will be there when he goes to Purdue (mostly). He also knows he won't have 5-7 new players on the team from the portal that will eat into his playing time.

Haralson still looks like a longshot, but not out of the question. We just went to a championship game which has to have some appeal. Painter can show him clips of Carsen or Ivey and tell him they had the keys to the offense.

I wish I could be a bug on the wall in the Sisley home when Painter is there. Painter still recruiting high school kids has to give Trent and his family some comfort. Sisley can look at Purdue's roster and know the players that will be there when he goes to Purdue (mostly). He also knows he won't have 5-7 new players on the team from the portal that will eat into his playing time.

Haralson still looks like a longshot, but not out of the question. We just went to a championship game which has to have some appeal. Painter can show him clips of Carsen or Ivey and tell him they had the keys to the offense.
Woody and staff hit the road today (allegedly) to see Haralson and Adams at La Lu, then Mullins and then in home with Sisley.

All this after we had an in home visit with Sisley last night…IU a bit nervous??

I seriously don’t get why a recruit that’s not a 5 star (and even then) would go there because you’ll just get recruited over and not developed by IU buying more experienced players to come play in your spot. Haralson wants to get his decision done by the beginning of his season, so unless he is all about the money, I don’t see why he goes to IU.

Sisley is in IU’s backyard and is a big IU family (from what we’ve heard) and Mullins would be a great get for Purdue, but they have no room at the moment. However, these two guys are absolutely the type woody and staff (who knows if he will be there next year) would recruit over (see Cupps and Newton and Galloway).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT