ADVERTISEMENT

2024 NCAA Tournament: Tennessee vs. Purdue MASTER DISCUSSION THREAD

Last edited:
It has been an absolute pleasure to do these game discussions with everyone this year. Hoping for the opportunity to do this with everyone for two more games and 2 more victories. Boiler Up!
This season has been a blast. Had to miss today's discussion because of a family obligation, but what a thrill. That block is forever seared in my memory.

Reactions: Schnelk
Back from the game and finished Easter dinner. Moment of the game for me was the Jones 3 pt with under 2 min left to put score 66-60. I almost lost it at that point thinking about my dad (passed away in 2016), all the suffering I have been through with Purdue and the suffering Purdue has helped me get through in my personal life. Lot of demons vanished with that shot. I knew it was the kill shot.

2nd best moment of the game was Edey's block on DK. Epic to see the two best players in the country going at it and Zach winning.

After game best moments for me were Edey giving coach Keady the net he cut down and seeing Zach's mom giving him a hug and crying her eyes out. Such a beautiful journey for Zach and his family.

Boiler up family!

This performance, imo, really helps Edey's draft potential... At least for the time being... Not all but a lot of franchises really like winners... Edey won this game today damn near single handedly and made a key stop at the end of the game with a huge block of a much more mobile Knecht...
Agreed. I thought before the tournament that Zach could really make some hay with a big championship run. He's on his way.

Just re-watched the last 7 minutes of the game. While Smith passed up a few shots and made a few turnovers, he really handled the game well and there was one play in particular that says it all. The pass to Jones for the three that put us up six with jus over 2 minutes to go was delivered right to perfect spot for Jones to just catch and shoot. Been watching that shot on replay all morning!

There was another game late in the year, maybe MSU in in the BTT, where Loyer hit the three in the left hand corner. If you go back and watch that, Smith again delivered that pass perfect for the catch and shoot.

Just re-watched the last 7 minutes of the game. While Smith passed up a few shots and made a few turnovers, he really handled the game well and there was one play in particular that says it all. The pass to Jones for the three that put us up six with jus over 2 minutes to go was delivered right to perfect spot for Jones to just catch and shoot. Been watching that shot on replay all morning!

There was another game late in the year, maybe MSU in in the BTT, where Loyer hit the three in the left hand corner. If you go back and watch that, Smith again delivered that pass perfect for the catch and shoot.
Saw it at the time and not too much before,he hit Fletch well. He has been GREAT this tourney and the whole season. He has already joined Brian Walker and Billy Keller in Purdue folklore.

Braden is terrific at hitting shooters in their shooting pocket. Making the right pass is important but hitting them in the correct spot greatly increases the likelihood the shot goes in.

• Love
Reactions: tjreese
Braden is terrific at hitting shooters in their shooting pocket. Making the right pass is important but hitting them in the correct spot greatly increases the likelihood the shot goes in.
just his bounce pass to Zach where he throws it hard enough to come up high enough for Zach to get it. He does so many little things of importance that many are missed!!!

Reactions: boilerzz

don't forget the one he threw to Fletch at the top of the key vs Ute St for a nice 3

Reactions: urbanhack
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT