ADVERTISEMENT

2023 McKenna Layden commits to Purdue

Awesome, so we'll have the Layden sisters. Looks like she is putting similar (or maybe even mildly better) numbers as a sophomore than Madison as a senior. Can't wait to see them playing together.

She will be a junior this year. So she and Madison will only play together one year. Or does Madison get an extra COVID year too (if she wants it)? I am unclear how that rule applies to underclass players.

She will be a junior this year. So she and Madison will only play together one year. Or does Madison get an extra COVID year too (if she wants it)? I am unclear how that rule applies to underclass players.

I believe it applies to all players, those in their last year of eligibility for the 2020-2021 academic year won't count against any scholarship limits

Yes. They will have one year together. If Madison wants to return for a 5th year, she can do that, but it will be counted towards a scholarship (which I think our women's team should have plenty and happy to accommodate). So Madison can probably think about getting a master degree as well and play 2 years of basketball with her sister.

So who is the better player, Madison or McKenna? Hard to find recruiting rating info on McKenna. I like her size (6-2) and of course her background and being the daughter of the HC, etc. She fills out the stat sheet and appears to be a good 3pt shooter like her sister. What will her position be at PU? Stretch 4? Is this Katie's first recruitment verbal? Or does it not count for her until next April when she takes sole control of the program? #Bravo Another Layden in the program is a wonderful thing!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT