ADVERTISEMENT

#1 Spartans down at halftime in Columbus 41-29

TX4GB

All-American
May 19, 2012
Columbus is rocking. Dakich with a last second 3.

Last edited:
Michigan State started well and had a 7-pt lead early, then the Buckeyes went on a little run as the Spartans really cooled off. Ohio State ended the half on a 19-4 run; Bates-Diop with 16. If Ohio State can keep competing on the glass and continue to limit turnovers, they could pull the upset.

I fully expect Michigan State to make a couple of runs and eventually take control in the last 8-10 minutes.....but you never know.

columbus is rocking. Dakich with last second 3.
Thank you ...nmopt aware of the game until now. I said last year that OSU had a lot more talent than results and they will if not today...knock someone off!

Reactions: TX4GB
Thank you ...nmopt aware of the game until now. I said last year that OSU had a lot more talent than results and they will if not today...knock someone off!
Archie is kicking himself for not waiting another month, ha.

Michigan State started well and had a 7-pt lead early, then the Buckeyes went on a little run as the Spartans really cooled off. Ohio State ended the half on a 19-4 run; Bates-Diop with 16. If Ohio State can keep competing on the glass and continue to limit turnovers, they could pull the upset.

I fully expect Michigan State to make a couple of runs and eventually take control in the last 8-10 minutes.....but you never know.
Check box scores he’s only played his 3 others Big barley 5 min Matt maquaid not many either against OS JJ in foul trouble I said he won’t use his whole roster against better teams and it’s happening now. Make them play defense too they can be beaten. Plenty of depth but he doesn’t regularly go that deep in big games. Haven’t really been tested

56-38, Buckeyes.....16 minutes left......I believe it's the only regular season contest between them. Ok, I'll hold off posting for a little while as well....I'm a well-seasoned Boiler hex.
TAGS-Jinx-a.jpg

Check box scores he’s only played his 3 others Big barley 5 min Matt maquaid not many either against OS JJ in foul trouble I said he won’t use his whole roster against better teams and it’s happening now. Make them play defense too they can be beaten. Plenty of depth but he doesn’t regularly go that deep in big games. Haven’t really been tested
I have watching whole game since it started OS has taken away there fast breaks slowing the game down running there offense making MS play defense too. Their schedule was a cup cake outside of ND and NC beat depleted Maryland team they have not been tested until now against a team who has size and good guard play. Maquaid is nothing but a set shot shooter only bridges settles for 3s and getting posstef up my a 6”4 rate. JJ fouls out so MS has many many flaws to media made them look like the darling of college basketball. Like I said any team can be beaten on any given day.

JJJ fouls out with 10 minutes to go. Tate having his way.

I have watching whole game since it started OS has taken away there fast breaks slowing the game down running there offense making MS play defense too. Their schedule was a cup cake outside of ND and NC beat depleted Maryland team they have not been tested until now against a team who has size and good guard play. Maquaid is nothing but a set shot shooter only bridges settles for 3s and getting posstef up my a 6”4 rate. JJ fouls out so MS has many many flaws to media made them look like the darling of college basketball. Like I said any team can be beaten on any given day.

Absolutely agree here, the transition defense from OSU has been as good as it could be. They are doing a good job of using the shot clock at this point, but also need to get quality looks.

Again, I restate my prediction that the winner of the B1G this year will have 3 losses. This is a tough conference to win on the road, every year.

Again, I restate my prediction that the winner of the B1G this year will have 3 losses. This is a tough conference to win on the road, every year.
Can’t disagree ... the old “win at home split on the road” might finish pretty well. This week is big at um & minny; um playing well, minny did not look good losing to iu.

columbus is rocking. Dakich with last second 3.

OSU is playing great. Not many teams would beat them today. They can't miss. Glad we get them at Mackey this year.

We are seeing the same problems MSU had last year surface again.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
Keita Bates-Diop has been very impressive.....poised effort from Ohio State, and if they keep playing like that.....gonna be a handful for a lot of teams.

Reactions: tjreese
I've felt all season that we are better than MSU. I know there is a long way to go, but MSU just doesn't have the fire power to come back like Purdue. They badly need a great outside shooter, something Purdue has an abundance of. OSU is playing some really good ball. IU fans have to be pi%^&* they didn't hire Holtman. Really good get for OSU.

So, is the Big Ten better than what has been said, or is MSU just not that good? LOL Obviously, any seasoned fan knows that the Big Ten is never as down as suggested. Game in and game out, you better lace'em up.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
Absolutely agree here, the transition defense from OSU has been as good as it could be. They are doing a good job of using the shot clock at this point, but also need to get quality looks.
So many talk about their depth and they do have depth on paper but in game play Izzo is not playing all those bigs it happen today against a team who had some size and good guard play slowed the game got back in transition and took away MS strength. Tillman carter schilling didn’t play much at all none played 2nd half at all schilling came in game was over. What I have said all year since season started MS schedule wasn’t nearly as tough as last year besides ND,NC and depleted Maryland team yeshe plsyed his bench. 1st game he get tested he does not and that will continue when he face teams that can match them man to man. OS made them play half court defense other teams they played didn’t MS plays fast to got transition buckets OS took that away played slow ran their offense and outplayed a team who has many flaws like other teams do but got exposed with their lack of depth in games. This the 1st real text they had today and will tested against team who can match their size and slow their transition game down. Purdue will be tested too why The team gotta be ready to every game as if it’s the Ncaa tournament win or go home. Why rankings has shown this season it’s meaning nothing bcuz 9 teams in top 25 has lost in 2 days. Rankings is just a number you still gotta come and play.

So many talk about their depth and they do have depth on paper but in game play Izzo is not playing all those bigs it happen today against a team who had some size and good guard play slowed the game got back in transition and took away MS strength. Tillman carter schilling didn’t play much at all none played 2nd half at all schilling came in game was over. What I have said all year since season started MS schedule wasn’t nearly as tough as last year besides ND,NC and depleted Maryland team yeshe plsyed his bench. 1st game he get tested he does not and that will continue when he face teams that can match them man to man. OS made them play half court defense other teams they played didn’t MS plays fast to got transition buckets OS took that away played slow ran their offense and outplayed a team who has many flaws like other teams do but got exposed with their lack of depth in games. This the 1st real text they had today and will tested against team who can match their size and slow their transition game down. Purdue will be tested too why The team gotta be ready to every game as if it’s the Ncaa tournament win or go home. Why rankings has shown this season it’s meaning nothing bcuz 9 teams in top 25 has lost in 2 days. Rankings is just a number you still gotta come and play.
I have to admit you did say that, and you were right on

Big ten of course is having down season because big10 lost so many games to non conference opponents. However, team like ohio state having many 4 stars players on roster will eventually surprise to some people. But, if you cannot win on the road and cannot beat the ref, it just means that Mich St isn't GOOD ENOUGH. Blaming the refs is just an excuse.

So many talk about their depth and they do have depth on paper but in game play Izzo is not playing all those bigs it happen today against a team who had some size and good guard play slowed the game got back in transition and took away MS strength.
Just as you said Purdue should handle them. OSU has exposed their weakness.

if the mighty boilers have a game like they did against minny they'll have a hard time beating either

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT