ADVERTISEMENT

1/6/21

BuilderBob6

All-American
Jan 27, 2007
North Carolina
Lines are being drawn.

Led by Josh Hawley.........who threw the first dagger into the republican party........putting many senators in the (what shouldn't be) difficult position of choosing between the constitution and trump.

BTW, the last four were elected on the same ballot and during the same election these idiots were voted in. How are they legitimate but Biden isn't?

Will Pence do his constitutional duty or waffle to try and please his fuhrer?

This is all doomed to fail.......and I hope every one of these traitors pays a heavy political price and their names are remembered forever for the treasonous acts they are committing.

I'm not surprised by most of the names but Lankford does. And Hawley is one of the most educated senators we have.......with lots of experience in constitutional law.

The "unprecedented, multiple allegations of election fraud" they are claiming came from THE LOSER.

Lines are being drawn.

Led by Josh Hawley.........who threw the first dagger into the republican party........putting many senators in the (what shouldn't be) difficult position of choosing between the constitution and trump.

BTW, the last four were elected on the same ballot and during the same election these idiots were voted in. How are they legitimate but Biden isn't?

This is all doomed to fail.......and I hope every one of these traitors pays a heavy political price and their names are remembered forever for the treasonous acts they are committing.

I'm not surprised by most of the names but Lankford does. And Hawley is one of the most educated senators we have.......with lots of experience in constitutional law.

The "unprecedented, multiple allegations of election fraud" they are claiming came from THE LOSER.
It’s basically a zero risk proposition for those guys. It’s going to fail anyway, and they can object to it to placate the moron Right, with no one really caring because it’s just grandstanding in the name of “election transparency”. Like “support your teachers”, no one disagrees with it, it’s just that it’s meaningless in this specific instance.

Reactions: Bill4411
It’s basically a zero risk proposition for those guys. It’s going to fail anyway, and they can object to it to placate the moron Right, with no one really caring because it’s just grandstanding in the name of “election transparency”. Like “support your teachers”, no one disagrees with it, it’s just that it’s meaningless in this specific instance.
Well I certainly hope you're wrong.
They're all counting on a trump bump in their next election. I don't think that's a given. This is going to be used against them going forward......rightfully so.....and will not sit well with moderates and constitutionalist pubs.

Well I certainly hope you're wrong.
They're all counting on a trump bump in their next election. I don't think that's a given. This is going to be used against them going forward......rightfully so.....and will not sit well with moderates and constitutionalist pubs.
Yeah but most of those guys are in Trumpkins areas.

Yeah but most of those guys are in Trumpkins areas.
But it goes beyond these senators and their re-election. Every senator now has to vote. Trump is going to go after those that vote to certify. Does he actually try to have Mitch primaried? He's already pushing Noem to go after Thume's seat.

This has become a litmus test for the party and could very well splinter it for years to come.

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
But it goes beyond these senators and their re-election. Every senator now has to vote. Trump is going to go after those that vote to certify. Does he actually try to have Mitch primaried? He's already pushing Noem to go after Thume's seat.

This has become a litmus test for the party and could very well splinter it for years to come.
Very few care what Trump actually does. The Senators that need Trump to carry districts will vote to decert. Those that don’t won’t. It’s not a big deal. Not at all. Gamesmanship and grandstanding, even if you want it to signify something more, Bob. The party won’t splinter at the senate/house level. They might not be able to find a President worth a damn that they can agree on...

Reactions: Purdue97
Very few care what Trump actually does. The Senators that need Trump to carry districts will vote to decert. Those that don’t won’t. It’s not a big deal. Not at all. Gamesmanship and grandstanding, even if you want it to signify something more, Bob. The party won’t splinter at the senate/house level. They might not be able to find a President worth a damn that they can agree on...
There's no need to insinuate I'm being coy here. I'll tell you exactly what I want if you're interested. If not, leave it alone.
To portray this as simple gamesmanship is shortsighted in the time of Trump. I don't know anyone that doesn't think that he will play a significant role in party in the next 4 years. Given his history of persecuting those that oppose him.........and even costing some their seat.........a vote against him now carries consequences. We just don't know how severe they will be.
The party is already split and this will only drive the wedge deeper.

I believe you're undervaluing what is happening here.

Democracies rely on the ability of the losing party to hand over power at the will of the people. The will of the people CLEARLY spoke here, and yet the losing party is making a mockery of the peaceful transition of power. They are crossing lines and perpetuating the autocratic tactics of a failed leader/party.

They are blatantly spitting in the face of the will of the American people.

I don't find that to be just gamesmanship or grandstanding. I find it to be much worse.

While I agree the behavior is abhorrent, to act like this is the first time in history there has been some kind of attempt by a lame duck to retain power is also silly. It won’t undermine Democracy in the long run. I believe American Democracy is too strong for that, and this will end up a blip on the radar.

I frankly think Trump will be dead or in very poor health before the 2024 election. I don’t think he will handle the defeat and “retirement” back to private life well at all.

While I agree the behavior is abhorrent, to act like this is the first time in history there has been some kind of attempt by a lame duck to retain power is also silly. It won’t undermine Democracy in the long run. I believe American Democracy is too strong for that, and this will end up a blip on the radar.

I frankly think Trump will be dead or in very poor health before the 2024 election. I don’t think he will handle the defeat and “retirement” back to private life well at all.

I don't think this one act will cause the Jenga tower of American Democracy to topple, but I believe it's removed a piece that if not managed correctly will continue to destabilize its foundation.

Standing by and shrugging our shoulders is one way to handle it, but I'm not sure it's the wisest choice.

Standing by and shrugging our shoulders is one way to handle it, but I'm not sure it's the wisest choice.
I'm not sure what else can be done about it. Complaining loudly on the internet isn't going to stop it, change the outcome, nor make it any better or worse. In the end, this will make news for two days, and then the vote will be certified. Trump will leave office on 1/20/21. His most ardent supporters will crow about a stolen election for years to come, but nothing will come of it. If anything, you'll have a lower Republican voter turnout in upcoming elections because they don't "trust the system" anyway.

Reactions: New Pal Boiler
Personally, I would never refer to this as being "sad" since such suggests some feeling of compassion, pity or empathy. I think more apropos would be terms such as "outrageous", "despicable" and "antithetical to democratic (small d) norms", but that's just me...

Just using Don’s lingo. It’s beyond reprehensible.

My favorite quote.

“Because of what you’ve done to the president, a lot of people aren’t going out to vote, and a lot of Republicans are going to vote negative, because they hate what you did to the president."

The people did it to you Mr President.

How do these calls and other inside information continually get released to the media over and over? Don’t really care what side ones on, but talk about some leakage.

Lol that's your take away?

It's called a Free Press and is a foundational cornerstone to ensure that the government and those in power answer to the People.

Reactions: indy35
It would be if this happens to Harris. I’m sure everything will be water tight in a couple weeks.
Do you feel any shame or embarrassment when you try an attack someone who isn't even in office yet for something they might do.........and yet you ignore your hero trying to persuade a state official to illegally change the election results.......the same thing he accused others of doing?
You've been an apologist for this POS for 4 years, why should you change now.

Do you feel any shame or embarrassment when you try an attack someone who isn't even in office yet for something they might do.........and yet you ignore your hero trying to persuade a state official to illegally change the election results.......the same thing he accused others of doing?
You've been an apologist for this POS for 4 years, why should you change now.
Bob give it up. Trump lost, got what you wanted and yet still are complaining. I accepted he lost and you should to.

I will say say this though, you are not going to like what you voted for. You might not have cared for what we had, but it’s going to get a lot worse for the working people. I’ll leave it at that.

Bob give it up. Trump lost, got what you wanted and yet still are complaining. I accepted he lost and you should to.

I will say say this though, you are not going to like what you voted for. You might not have cared for what we had, but it’s going to get a lot worse for the working people. I’ll leave it at that.
Don’t worry, the economy performs better when Democrats are in control, plus the added bonus of not having psychopathic criminals in charge.

Lol that's your take away?

It's called a Free Press and is a foundational cornerstone to ensure that the government and those in power answer to the People.
Has the press received an answer or even asked the question of Biden on his families income from communist foreign countries?
Has Adam Schiff answered any questions on why he lied to the public and impeached a president on what he knew all along were lies?
Has the press asked Pelosi to explain how in the hell she could have a know China operative on her pay roll for 25 years and not fire him?
Has the press asked how in the hell Pelosi can appoint a Congressman to the intel committee and retain him there, who had a long lasting affair with a known China operative?
The free press has a notable biased narrative.

Reactions: Purdue97
Has the press received an answer or even asked the question of Biden on his families income from communist foreign countries?
Has Adam Schiff answered any questions on why he lied to the public and impeached a president on what he knew all along were lies?
Has the press asked Pelosi to explain how in the hell she could have a know China operative on her pay roll for 25 years and not fire him?
Has the press asked how in the hell Pelosi can appoint a Congressman to the intel committee and retain him there, who had a long lasting affair with a known China operative?
The free press has a notable biased narrative.

Interesting. Did you come up with all of these issues yourself or did some part of the press inform you of them? Donald made it clear in his phone call "Trump Media". Let that sink in.

How far do some of these senators & congressmen have their snouts wedged up the don's keister that they would carry on with their ridiculous stop the steal buffoonery even after hearing his insane shakedown phone call with the Georgia Secretary of State??

Reactions: indy35
Lines are being drawn.

It's been done before by Barbara Boxer and the Dem's. And before that. Typical that you wouldn't post the entire truth.

It's been done before by Barbara Boxer and the Dem's. And before that. Typical that you wouldn't post the entire truth.
Good catch exposing Barbara.

It will be interesting to see how similar the circumstances turn out to actually be. My recollection is that John Kerry had conceded the election long before the Congressional count, disagreed with any contest, and that both Sen. Boxer and Rep. Tubbs specifically indicated that they were not attempting to overturn Pres. Bush's reelection in any way but to draw attention to various issues related to voting.
Is my recollection correct?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT