ADVERTISEMENT

“We will be one people, under one God, saluting one American flag”

The problem is she literally gained national recognition BEFORE she married Bill.
Fair enough. you're debating on the merits of their argument. I'm saying even if they were 100% accurate about how she got recognition, we are choosing a President: comparing her experiences and temperament vs the competitors... Yowza

Well, this wasn't an argument about whether she is or isn't qualified to be President. It was about whether she was elected to the Senate in large part due to name recognition she obtained because Bill was elected President, rather than on her own merit. But, if you feel the need to browbeat us about her superiority as a candidate, have at it. Unless I write someone in, I won't be casting a vote for President this year.
that's your choice
If I recall, the original post leading into this latest debate was another poster saying that he dismissed her experience, and "wasn't impressed" because she only got into Senate because she was married to a former President. So it kinda was about questioning or dismissing her experience at least at that point. And, frankly, if you weren't trying to cling to some means of questioning it, then my repeating it a few times probably wouldn't feel like browbeating.

Yeah, I'm one of those "clingers" the current President complained about when he first ran for the job.
in what way was he "complaining" about it?

He wasn't REMOTELY "complaining" about it. He was noting why people continually vote against their own economic interest because of guns and religion.

Well, this wasn't an argument about whether she is or isn't qualified to be President. It was about whether she was elected to the Senate in large part due to name recognition she obtained because Bill was elected President, rather than on her own merit. But, if you feel the need to browbeat us about her superiority as a candidate, have at it. Unless I write someone in, I won't be casting a vote for President this year.
What?

It was absolutely about her qualifications.

And yes she's absolutely superior to Trump as a candidate. By any reasonably objective measure no matter how big of a liar she is or how corrupt she is, because he is JUST AS big of a liar and JUST AS corrupt on his best day and her worst. So you are left with knowledge, experience, and likelihood to destabilize.

Reactions: PUBV
What?

It was absolutely about her qualifications.

And yes she's absolutely superior to Trump as a candidate. By any reasonably objective measure no matter how big of a liar she is or how corrupt she is, because he is JUST AS big of a liar and JUST AS corrupt on his best day and her worst. So you are left with knowledge, experience, and likelihood to destabilize.
I was only commenting on whether her election to the Senate was impressive. No more, no less. I think America's ****ed no matter who wins this election.

I'm sure he meant it as a compliment.
He meant it as an explanation. As a talking point. It was neither a compliment nor a condemnation, it was an explanation of why folks will vote against their own economic self-interest, particularly in the economically hardest hit regions he was discussing.

He meant it as an explanation. As a talking point. It was neither a compliment nor a condemnation, it was an explanation of why folks will vote against their own economic self-interest, particularly in the economically hardest hit regions he was discussing.
You really should be press secretary.

Or just you know a person who can understand English.
Guys, guys stop fighting!!!!! Personally, I like reading both your posts.I am glad that someone has finally pointed out that HRC isn't the only "pathological liar" in this race. I guess pathological liar doesn't even make most peoples top 3 reasons not to
vote Trump, but it's probably top 5.

Guys, guys stop fighting!!!!! Personally, I like reading both your posts.I am glad that someone has finally pointed out that HRC isn't the only "pathological liar" in this race. I guess pathological liar doesn't even make most peoples top 3 reasons not to
vote Trump, but it's probably top 5.
Fighting? This ain't even close.

Last edited:
Yeah, you've seem to have the 2008 and 2004 taking points down from Fox News, but maybe you missed the conventions recently. The party relentlessly taking about what a miserable sh!t show the US is? That was the Republicans. The party waving flags and taking consistently about American excellence and American values was the Democrats. So much so that there was a lot of press coverage on the seeming flip between the parties.

One people = a stretch of credulity in a melting pot nation, but I'm not going to argue against
Saluting One Flag = a voluntary act, calling for it is jingoistic, but again, not something I'm going to argue against.
Under one God = pretty much precisely the opposite of the founding principles of this country. The establishment clause?
Here's the problem.

This isn't Mitt Romney saying this. Or any average Republican. For those folks a certain benefit of the doubt is probably fair. The benign gloss of one people just mean all of us united is probably fair in that scenario.

Not for Trump, not with his history.[/QUOTE]

Hey Qaz!! Trump won......get over it and get on board. It's going to be a long 4 years for you if all you want to do is rehash the rhetoric. It has become obvious why the Dems lost. Hell, Michael Moore called it last Summer. The Dems thought the rust belt would follow along like sheep as they had in the past. NOT!

Qaz, you obviously support these kind of attacks. What will it take to get you to stop being a racist and get on board with moving this country forward?

Reactions: boilersrm

Qaz, you obviously support these kind of attacks. What will it take to get you to stop being a racist and get on board with moving this country forward?

Qaz you need to preach your stuff to Harry Reid.
His speech today was absolutely deplorable.
The Democratic philosophy under Obama has been divide and conquer. the American public saw through it and voted accordingly.
This rhetoric needs to stop. And it needs to stop at the top of the Democratic party. These riots are insited by BS from Obama and the Dems.

Qaz you need to preach your stuff to Harry Reid.
His speech today was absolutely deplorable.
The Democratic philosophy under Obama has been divide and conquer. the American public saw through it and voted accordingly.
This rhetoric needs to stop. And it needs to stop at the top of the Democratic party. These riots are insited by BS from Obama and the Dems.
Agreed. They just keep digging their hole deeper and deeper. The Democratic Party seems to be completely tone deaf right now. They seriously think making far-left MN Muslim Keith Ellison the Chairman of the DNC is a good decision? He's more liberal than Bernie Sanders, it seems.

Harry Reid is completely off his rocker. Nancy Pelosi is an old windbag who needs to retire. Strangely, one of the few Democrat voices of reason in the last week has been President Obama.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT