ADVERTISEMENT

YK

StickPurdue

Junior
Sep 17, 2016
Indianapolis
Yanni’s recruitment has been interesting. Folks have said he wanted his brother to pick Michigan. He has made it clear that his decision will have nothing to do with his brother.

However, he gave an interview recently and mentioned that he would love to play with his brother (even mentioned winning State with him), and said he will be watching Purdue carefully to see how they use GK and what they do for him. He seemed as high on Purdue as I have ever heard him. If Purdue’s defense takes a big jump and Purdue shows some obvious signs of improvement, I could see it happening.

Purdue could use another end or an edge rushing linebacker. YK could be a dominant safety, linebacker, or DE. Currently he projects as OLB, but could easily get bigger and play DE like his brother.

Is Purdue the favorite right now? No, I don’t think so. But they should certainly be in the mix. If Purdue can showcase all their young talent this year, as well as show early playing time, I think having GK on the team could tip the needle just enough. I still expect him to fully go through the recruiting process and take all of his visits. It will be interesting to see what OSU and Michigan do this year. Can Day take over and be just as effective and can Jimmy finally beat his rival and make a playoff. Jimmy has underperformed with the talent he has had. A bad season and another loss to OSU could be enough to cause him to jump back to the pros. That certainly would mix it up in the Big. The biggest benefactors of an unstable OSU / Michigan would be Penn State and whoever comes out of the West (Purdue? Northwestern? Wisconsin?).

Last edited:
Yanni’s recruitment has been interesting. Folks have said he wanted his brother to pick Michigan. He has made it clear that his decision will have nothing to do with his brother.

However, he gave an interview recently and mentioned that he would love to play with his brother (even mentioned winning State with him), and said he will be watching Purdue carefully to see how they use GK and what they do for him. He seemed as high on Purdue as I have ever heard him. If Purdue’s defense takes a big jump and Purdue shows some obvious signs of improvement, I could see it happening.

Purdue could use another end or an edge rushing linebacker. YK could be a dominant safety, linebacker, or DE. Currently he projects as OLB, but could easily get bigger and play DE like his brother.

Is Purdue the favorite right now? No, I don’t think so. But they should certainly be in the mix. If Purdue can showcase all their young talent this year, as well as show early playing time, I think having GK on the team could tip the needle just enough. I still expect him to fully go through the recruiting process and take all of his visits. It will be interesting to see what OSU and Michigan do this year. Can Day take over and be just as effective and can Jimmy finally beat his rival and make a playoff. Jimmy has underperformed with the talent he has had. A bad season and another loss to OSU could be enough to cause him to jump back to the pros. That certainly would mix it up in the Big. The biggest benefactors of an unstable OSU / Michigan would be Penn State and whoever comes out of the West (Purdue? Northwestern? Wisconsin?).
The school in the west I worry about the most is Nebraska. The B1G west is going to be formidable the next few years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT