ADVERTISEMENT

Yes, we won last night...

Gonzaga played well for 9 minutes & destroyed Purdue.

Beer was spilled, but Purdue stayed cool, listened to their coach, responded & played well for 31 minutes & absolutely dismantled Gonzaga.

Either way Drew Timme was the best player on the floor, but unfortunately for him, Purdue clearly was the best team on the floor.

I imagine Purdue's confidence is off the charts today after that welll deserved win against a quality top 10 team.

Last edited:
Gonzaga played well for 6 minutes & destroyed Purdue.

Purdue stayed cool, listened to their coach, responded & played well for 34 minutes & absolutely dismantled Gonzaga.

Either way Drew Timme was the best player on the floor, but unfortunately for him, Purdue clearly was the best team on the floor.

I imagine Purdue's confidence is off the charts today after that welll deserved win against a quality top 10 team.

Zach held his own on both end of the floor, stayed out of foul trouble, and didn't fall for the First Baseman's tactics. Gonzaga also appeared frustrated that they couldn't play their usual game. Purdue forced them to make stops every time down the stretch......good training. A pleasant but deserving surprise last night.

Sunday afternoon should be interesting.

Hopefully, more "salty" plays....

638221fc76031973971330.gif

Last edited:
I will admit at the start of the season I was expecting sort of a moderate, up and down year. I didn't like the starting five combination. But Painter is doing a great job and all 10 guys are contributing and playing really hard. The Newman highlight spilling the beer was great.

Like others, could not stay up last night. Just watched the game and am very impressed with the maturity of this team. It appears to me that most of the players understand their role and no one is sulking That could change but this team can go places if they can hold it together and keep playing this way. I also don’t think this team is shooting the ball as well as they can. That should scare the shit out of opposing teams. I have high expectations every year, so far they are exceeding them.

I will admit at the start of the season I was expecting sort of a moderate, up and down year. I didn't like the starting five combination. But Painter is doing a great job and all 10 guys are contributing and playing really hard. The Newman highlight spilling the beer was great.
too bad that OL we had Greg from UTEP wasn't on our sideline

Purdue stayed cool, listened to their coach, responded & played well for 31 minutes & absolutely dismantled Gonzaga.

I am not sure that Timme is better than Edey. I think that Edey has clearly closed the gap, anyway, and they are just different types of players.

I am not sure that Timme is better than Edey. I think that Edey has clearly closed the gap, anyway, and they are just different types of players.

Defensively and offensively Timme is more versatile.

Edey does alot for Purdue. Unstoppable when he gets position.

Both likely AA.

Beer was spilled, but Purdue stayed cool, listened to their coach, responded & played well for 31 minutes & absolutely dismantled Gonzaga.

Timme was the 2nd best player on the floor. He didn't effect the defensive end like Zach does. If you only watch the offensive end you could possibly say that. Zach effects the other teams offense so much because you have to be conscious of where he is at. Do you think Purdue gets as many open looks from 3 without playing through Zach?

In the past, PU team always fade or lose the lead at the end of 2nd half, this team does not which makes me feel this team is special!
...and when I awoke this morning it was still true. What a game. We were the better team. Every time they showed a possible 2nd half run, we immediately shut that thought down. So impressed

Reactions: rjmpu82
Didn’t get to see it, but with us in spirit.

Great win! Let’s beat Duke!! I hate the Blue Devils!

Can't stand Duke either. Almost hate them as much as iu. But really with both, it is the absolute arrogance of many in their fanbase I can't stand. Not all, but a whole lot of their fans are intollerable. I am ok with their players...for the most part, with notable exceptions that have been discussed here.

Hopefully, we can D it up against their athletes. Doubt they miss as many wide open shots Gonzaga missed. Hope we don't come out flat, have a decent shooting day and can compete with them. Many on here said they wanted to play Duke, hopefully those fans don't get more than they bargained for.

More versatile just not as dominant. Timme doesn't effect the defensive end.
Edey def has the advantage on the defensive size, but thats just natural size vs ability...Timme is no slouch tho, blocked Z's shot early on...he plays hard. Ultimately, two different types of players, not really a great comparison.

Edey def has the advantage on the defensive size, but thats just natural size vs ability...Timme is no slouch tho, blocked Z's shot early on...he plays hard. Ultimately, two different types of players, not really a great comparison.
Defensive size is part of the impact Edey has. That is why he impacts the college game more. Lot of shots not attempted by GU players in the paint last night because of Zach. I didn't see Purdue players intimidated like GU's were.

Defensive size is part of the impact Edey has. That is why he impacts the college game more. Lot of shots not attempted by GU players in the paint last night because of Zach. I didn't see Purdue players intimidated like GU's were.
Oh I completely agree, but I think the happenstance of organic size can only do so much, and while in Edey's case, does a TON, but a player like Timme is going to be generally more dynamic...especially in the NBA.

Timme is much more versatile than Edey, its not really close. More tools in his tool box, starting with footwork and hands.

More versatile just not as dominant. Timme doesn't effect the defensive end.

Timme doesn't double dip, though....

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT