ADVERTISEMENT

Xavier pinson

May 7, 2017
Seems like a good 2018 pg option. Starting to get more attention from major programs, I believe he just got offered by Georgetown. Does anyone know if painter has seen this kid? Has anyone heard anything good or bad about him? I believe he plays somewhere in Chicago.

Seems like a good 2018 pg option. Starting to get more attention from major programs, I believe he just got offered by Georgetown. Does anyone know if painter has seen this kid? Has anyone heard anything good or bad about him? I believe he plays somewhere in Chicago.
Transferring to Simeon so I put our odds pretty low if we end up offering. We don’t do well getting kids out of the Chicago Public school system.

are we at the point where we are just going to throw darts at a board of remaining PG’s that absolutely nobody has heard CMP or staff going after?

are we at the point where we are just going to throw darts at a board of remaining PG’s that absolutely nobody has heard CMP or staff going after?
Of course. We are riding the nations longest winning streak and ranked #3 in the country so go to find something to distract us.....(TIC)

Reactions: BoilerGal74
Not really “throwing darts at a board” he’s a point guard in the Midwest that looks like he’s gaining a lot of attention. Just read an article about him and wondered if anyone heard anything about him.

Reactions: ChuckJr

well, sort of yes.

I think we're at the point where many elite non-committed players who would have never considered Purdue might be changing their mind, and wanting to join our bandwagon. I believe in the next few weeks, we will see a lot of new names of players we've never heard of.

That said, the blue bloods are filling up, and we have 3 scholarships left to give. Realistically, I believe we'll only give one of those remaining scholarships to a high school freshman and give the other two to a talented transfer like Spike. I would say Tyger is option A, but i could easily see that scholarship going to a forward, and Painter signing a grad transfer for depth at PG.

if we make it to the final 4, i could even see Romeo changing his mind, or at least not choosing IU.

Although this kid you reference is good......
I don't think CMP is taking a 2018 PG(unless its Tyger - which I doubt). I think at best he will explore 2018 grad transfer mkt.

Although this kid you reference is good......
I don't think CMP is taking a 2018 PG(unless its Tyger - which I doubt). I think at best he will explore 2018 grad transfer mkt.

with the commitment of Isiah for 2019, I would agree with you. Tyger would be nice to have. But the PG depth issue for 2018 could easily be filled by a grad transfer.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
Transferring to Simeon so I put our odds pretty low if we end up offering. We don’t do well getting kids out of the Chicago Public school system.
Yeah, you have to pay to play to talk to the kids in the Chicago Public League, particularly the five stars.

Reactions: tjreese
Yeah, you have to pay to play to talk to the kids in the Chicago Public League, particularly the five stars.
Don’t think he is a 5* but any price above $0 is too much for us. I mean this in a good way and am glad we don’t deal in that stuff

Reactions: tjreese
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT