ADVERTISEMENT

Would any of you be happy with this result

BCfanatic2020

All-American
Jan 5, 2020
I love Purdue and want us to succeed. I think we are being hurt in receiver recruiting by NIL, I don’t think the additions or USC/UCLA make it better for us to win games and I don’t think the powers want to have to share with the Purdues.

that said I’d be happy with this compromise how about you …

agreements apparently mean nothing. We go back to va tech, ole miss, North Carolina and everyone else who doesn’t suck that we’ve committed to play and say “sorry, things change” .. then we go straight cupcake OOC. With the new deal we don’t need gate money at Notre dame. We don’t need the schedule to be any tougher than the murderers row conference we will play in. Based on ACC scheduling models I’ve seen, here’s what our 2024/2025 conference schedule could look like:

illinois
at USC
northwestern
at Michigan state
Ohio state
Rutgers
At Nebraska
At Wisconsin
at Indiana

at Illinois
UCLA
at northwestern
Penn state
At Michigan
At Maryland
Iowa
Minnesota
Indiana

we need to play Notre dame like we need a kick to the midsection …

go cupcake and between the ooc, Indiana, Illinois and northwestern there’s your bowl game AND you get the exposure of the new big ten.

at worst you pay peanuts in buyout money to power 5 schools on our ooc coming out of the 100 some million we Will get annually.

id be thrilled …

What say ye

I love Purdue and want us to succeed. I think we are being hurt in receiver recruiting by NIL, I don’t think the additions or USC/UCLA make it better for us to win games and I don’t think the powers want to have to share with the Purdues.

agreements apparently mean nothing. We go back to va tech, ole miss, North Carolina and everyone else who doesn’t suck that we’ve committed to play and say “sorry, things change” .. then we go straight cupcake OOC. With the new deal we don’t need gate money at Notre dame. We don’t need the schedule to be any tougher than the murderers row conference we will play in. Based on ACC scheduling models I’ve seen, here’s what our 2024/2025 conference schedule could look like:

illinois
at USC
northwestern
at Michigan state
Ohio state
Rutgers
At Nebraska
At Wisconsin
at Indiana

at Illinois
UCLA
at northwestern
Penn state
At Michigan
At Maryland
Iowa
Minnesota
Indiana

go cupcake and between the ooc, Indiana, Illinois and northwestern there’s your bowl game AND you get the exposure of the new big ten.

at worst you pay peanuts in buyout money to power 5 schools on our ooc coming out of the 100 some million we Will get annually.

id be thrilled …

What say ye

With the additions, why would there need to be any out of conference games, especially if the SEC and B1G abandon the NCAA, which I think is more likely than not? There are going to be two power conferences playing each other in a championship game. Everyone else will be meaningless...

or we could be expelled by the BIG 10 as they add more bigger media darlings and we, Minn and NW could all join the MAC. it's clear why USC and UCLA joined the BIG 10.

or we could be expelled by the BIG 10 as they add more bigger media darlings and we, Minn and NW could all join the MAC. it's clear why USC and UCLA joined the BIG 10.
Uhm, no...Purdue isn't going anywhere...

With the additions, why would there need to be any out of conference games, especially if the SEC and B1G abandon the NCAA, which I think is more likely than not? There are going to be two power conferences playing each other in a championship game. Everyone else will be meaningless...
I was presuming conditions at least similar to those now

We may not be but don’t go thinking we couldn’t get Oregon stated … I.e. left in a gutted out conference by the big boys..

Go read pac 12 forums now.. they’re debating things like whether or not the mountain west is where to go

so you hope. there was a lot of speculation Nebraska would leave / be expelled. if the BIG 10 is going to be 20 mega teams, the new Purdue University president could be given the talk, and could elect to be a school transfer to a lesser conference. . We already can't compete for NIL.

so you hope. there was a lot of speculation Nebraska would leave / be expelled. if the BIG 10 is going to be 20 mega teams, the new Purdue University president could be given the talk, and could elect to be a school transfer to a lesser conference. . We already can't compete for NIL.
Who's to say the super-conferences won't be pooling TV money for NIL? And BTW, when has UCLA excelled in sports to a greater extent in football and BB than Purdue has over the last 30 years?

Who's to say the super-conferences won't be pooling TV money for NIL? And BTW, when has UCLA excelled in sports to a greater extent in football and BB than Purdue has over the last 30 years?
I'm sorry to say, it's not about performance. it's about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. wake up! it's about TV ratings, not academics. nobody outside of this forum cares about Purdue.

I'm sorry to say, it's not about performance. it's about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. wake up! it's about TV ratings, not academics. nobody outside of this forum cares about Purdue.
I asked if people would be happy going cupcake in ooc

I think it is unlikely that schools will be expelled or kicked out of the Big Ten. What is far more likely is that the Big Ten and other conferences as we know them will become extinct in the athletic world, replaced by new tiered associations based on profitability. At that point the Big Ten will simply be an academic consortium.

In the meantime, yes, please water the hell out of the schedule. Just no FCS.

I asked if people would be happy going cupcake in ooc
my thoughts are to expand that and go change the cupcake out of conference schedule for an entire cupcake year. We compete with the MAC for recruits. why not compete with the MAC for an entire season? Purdue's Bowl outlook in the future looks bleak, especially if the BIG 10 adds 4 more schools like notre dame, Oregon, washington and another mega school. so rather than scheduling 4 out of conference cupcakes, we need to compete with the entire MAC or Ivy league. . The MAC goes to 3-4 bowl games. it's not like Purdue will ever have a chance to compete for a national championship or a major bowl game in the near future.

illinois
at USC
northwestern
at Michigan state
Ohio state
Rutgers
At Nebraska
At Wisconsin
at Indiana

at Illinois
UCLA
at northwestern
Penn state
At Michigan
At Maryland
Iowa
Minnesota
Indiana

id be thrilled …

What say ye
With Ohio State taking the best WRs in the country each year Purdue is in a nice spot to take all the underrated WR talent in Ohio. So I think you'll be fine. USC, UCLA, Notre Dame are nice big names but they are still cannon fodder for Ohio State.

LOL, and they care about UCLA that much more? Puhlease. Secondarily, UCLA has huge athletic department debt. Without the B1G offer, they're in deep trouble. Meanwhile Purdue is doing just fine $ wise...

You've been proven wrong more times than a calculator with a dead battery. So why don't you just put a sock in it...

LOL, and they care about UCLA that much more? Puhlease. Secondarily, UCLA has huge athletic department debt. Without the B1G offer, they're in deep trouble. Meanwhile Purdue is doing just fine $ wise...

You've been proven wrong more times than a calculator with a dead battery. So why don't you just put a sock in it...

I guessed you missed my post where I said UCLA joined the BIG 10 because the payout per team in the BIG 10 was $30 million more than UCLA was receiving in the pac 12!

you also missed the post about how much the BIG 10 will receive in TV revenue by being able to feature UCLA and USC as part of their TV packages! And those possibilities

It’s about money plain and simple! UCLA gains money. The BIG10 network gains money. And the BIG 10 conference gains money with increased TV deal packages.

ucla and usc asked to join the BIG10 not the other way around! And now Oregon and wash have asked to join the big 10!

The only reason I have been proven wrong is because I provide possibilities and theories. And those possibilities usually differ from your desires! People call me a pos for saying Hazell was a stupid hire! And the same for saying our basketball team was a sweet 16 team and nothing more. I say things homers don’t believe and don’t want to hear!

look on the internet. There are many people just like me speculating that if the BIG 10 were offered Texas and Oklahoma, they would drop some of their lesser schools.

Purdue may be doing ok financially, but they do not bring much revenue to the BiG 10 conference from Bowl games or TV markets! Watching Purdue games is not as popular in Texas as watching Notre Dame or Ohio st games! And in todays world where $$$$$$$ means a lot more than academics or conference loyalty, I could see the possibility of the BIG 10 asking their smaller market and lower producing revenue teams to leave.

I guessed you missed my post where I said UCLA joined the BIG 10 because the payout per team in the BIG 10 was $30 million more than UCLA was receiving in the pac 12!

you also missed the post about how much the BIG 10 will receive in TV revenue by being able to feature UCLA and USC as part of their TV packages! And those possibilities

It’s about money plain and simple! UCLA gains money. The BIG10 network gains money. And the BIG 10 conference gains money with increased TV deal packages.

ucla and usc asked to join the BIG10 not the other way around! And now Oregon and wash have asked to join the big 10!

The only reason I have been proven wrong is because I provide possibilities and theories. And those possibilities usually differ from your desires! People call me a pos for saying Hazell was a stupid hire! And the same for saying our basketball team was a sweet 16 team and nothing more. I say things homers don’t believe and don’t want to hear!

look on the internet. There are many people just like me speculating that if the BIG 10 were offered Texas and Oklahoma, they would drop some of their lesser schools.

Purdue may be doing ok financially, but they do not bring much revenue to the BiG 10 conference from Bowl games or TV markets! Watching Purdue games is not as popular in Texas as watching Notre Dame or Ohio st games! And in todays world where $$$$$$$ means a lot more than academics or conference loyalty, I could see the possibility of the BIG 10 asking their smaller market and lower producing revenue teams to leave.
What you don't seem to get is that UCLA doesn't gain money. If they gained money, they wouldn't be in the financial position they are. It's USC and the Southern Cal market that gains money, not UCLA.

my thoughts are to expand that and go change the cupcake out of conference schedule for an entire cupcake year. We compete with the MAC for recruits. why not compete with the MAC for an entire season? Purdue's Bowl outlook in the future looks bleak, especially if the BIG 10 adds 4 more schools like notre dame, Oregon, washington and another mega school. so rather than scheduling 4 out of conference cupcakes, we need to compete with the entire MAC or Ivy league. . The MAC goes to 3-4 bowl games. it's not like Purdue will ever have a chance to compete for a national championship or a major bowl game in the near future.
and walk away from 90 million dollars of share B10 revenue? We are at the bare minimum of sports for NCAA membership, so that means cuts in recruiting, coaches salaries, and just about everything else in the AD..... only a great fool would even come up with such a lame idea.

Reactions: SDBoiler1
What you don't seem to get is that UCLA doesn't gain money. If they gained money, they wouldn't be in the financial position they are. It's USC and the Southern Cal market that gains money, not UCLA.
UCLA will likely triple to quadruple its income from conference revenue by joining the BT, maybe more if the BT raids the PAC and ACC to go to 24 teams....... While either USC or UCLA bring the california cable boxes into play meaning one is redundant, they were offered as a package deal, both or none.

Reactions: SDBoiler1
UCLA will likely triple to quadruple its income from conference revenue by joining the BT, maybe more if the BT raids the PAC and ACC to go to 24 teams....... While either USC or UCLA bring the california cable boxes into play meaning one is redundant, they were offered as a package deal, both or none.
I realize that. The point i'm making to the resident dunce is that UCLA wouldn't be generating the revenue on its own.

Purdue football attendance averaged 56,000 people in 2021.
UCLA football attendance averaged 45,000 people in 2021.

Purdue basketball attendance averaged 14,804 people in 2021-2022
UCLA basketball attendance averaged 7,410 people in 2021-2022

The market for UCLA sports isn't the reason UCLA was brought into the B1G. It was about the Southern Cal TV market. So I doubt Purdue is going anywhere when it comes to getting kicked out of the B1G @Wolegib ...

Reactions: pboiler18
Such a loser mentality.

ADVERTISEMENT