ADVERTISEMENT

Woodward Book

Woodward tried to reach Trump to interview him at least 6 times. Kelly Anne met with Woodward for two hours during which time Woodward asked her to invite Trump. Trump denied knowing anything about it........but then changes direction and acknowledges Lindsey did pass on the invitation that Woodward told Graham about.

Either Trump's people didnt tell him about all the times Woodward extended an invitation.......which seems like a reach, or Trump is lying.

I wouldn't expect Mattis or Kelly to publicly admit anything in the book.

Despite your opinion, Woodward is held in high esteem in political circles. He is well known for having a fanatical approach to his sourcing and research. Tapes, documents, multiple sources. I can provide Republican statements that show that if you like. That seems to be your thing.
Who cares? Seriously. Let's say the second/third/fourth hand stories are all true - in the immortal words of Hillary Clinton, "What difference does it make?" It's nothing but National Enquirer gossip crap.

These aren't first hand accounts. Woodward was given these quotes from people other than who actually said them. Woodward may not be lying but how do we know the people feeding him this stuff are being truthful or didn't overhear the conversations incorrectly. They might be true - they might not. I think we have to at least put more credibility with the people who supposedly made the statements...as opposed to an anonymous source who overheard these conversations. Is that really up for debate?
I agree. Imo Woodward isn't lying but it's possible his sources are.

But....two things. What's the motivation of these sources to talk to Woodward? These people would obviously lose their jobs, it could even ruin their careers. They aren't being paid. Are they deep state plants? What is the benefit for these people to talk to Woodward?

The other thing. The excerpts I've seen portray the same Trump we see every day. It's not like they show a man who is completely different than the Trump we know. They just give examples of the same behavior he's shown all along. Makes it more likely the info in the book is true for me.

Who cares? Seriously. Let's say the second/third/fourth hand stories are all true - in the immortal words of Hillary Clinton, "What difference does it make?" It's nothing but National Enquirer gossip crap.
You know, I try to remember that you're the same guy who said he didn't vote for Trump and probably won't vote for him next time.......unless I'm mixing up my Trumpers.

If you think it's just National Enquirer gossip there's no point going any further.

Reactions: Bill4411
Again, non stop trashing the President. Continued at the Kavanaugh hearing . Not much to trash on Mr.Kavanaugh but they sure were trying as he was chosen by the President. Imagine what his wife and daughters were thinking.

The Kavanaugh hearing has been an utter embarrassment. Agree with him or disagree with him-fine. He is more qualified and has more of a detailed history than any other recent nominee. Not sure it is close.

Reactions: SDBoiler1
You've taken some out of context. Also, finding 4 quotes over 8 years is night and day when we're looking at daily meltdowns with Trump. Obama didn't attack the press, he didn't attack our allies, he didn't lie constantly, he didn't push to have the DOJ act as his personal attack dog going after rivals when there was no crime committed, he didn't commit obstruction of justice, he didn't have a cabinet full of people force to resign in disgrace for corruption and incompetence, he didn't make unhinged attacks on regular citizens to try to galvanize support with his base.

Wow, talking about people believing what they want to believe.

'Obama didn't attack the press'

On more than one occasion, Obama went after FOX news. Not surprisingly, the only news outlet that did not praise him constantly.

'he didn't attack our allies'

Neither did Trump. But trump critiqued the hell out of them. And I am all open ears on how wanting NATO to pay for their fair share is a bad idea.

he didn't lie constantly

He lied plenty. They all do. Obama's biggest achievements as many put them, the ACA(you can keep your doctor/$ saved), ending the Iraq War(he ended it but had nothing to do with it), and the Reconstruction Act with shovel ready jobs, all based on lies. Obama even smirked about the Reconstruction Act when asked.

'he didn't push to have the DOJ act as his personal attack dog'

He can claim ignorance on all the Russian investigation antics and the Hillary investigation, that would make him look incompetent. Or, he could say he knew what was going on which means he used it as his attack dog. Either way, he looks poor.

he didn't commit obstruction of justice

So, either did Rrump yet. Last person for that was Clinton, or maybe his was he perjured to congress. Cannot remember.

'he didn't have a cabinet full of people force to resign in disgrace for corruption and incompetence'

Care to elaborate? There has been also turnover in his cabinet, not sure they left due to your description.

Wow, talking about people believing what they want to believe.

'Obama didn't attack the press'

On more than one occasion, Obama went after FOX news. Not surprisingly, the only news outlet that did not praise him constantly.

'he didn't attack our allies'

Neither did Trump. But trump critiqued the hell out of them. And I am all open ears on how wanting NATO to pay for their fair share is a bad idea.

he didn't lie constantly

He lied plenty. They all do. Obama's biggest achievements as many put them, the ACA(you can keep your doctor/$ saved), ending the Iraq War(he ended it but had nothing to do with it), and the Reconstruction Act with shovel ready jobs, all based on lies. Obama even smirked about the Reconstruction Act when asked.

'he didn't push to have the DOJ act as his personal attack dog'

He can claim ignorance on all the Russian investigation antics and the Hillary investigation, that would make him look incompetent. Or, he could say he knew what was going on which means he used it as his attack dog. Either way, he looks poor.

he didn't commit obstruction of justice

So, either did Rrump yet. Last person for that was Clinton, or maybe his was he perjured to congress. Cannot remember.

'he didn't have a cabinet full of people force to resign in disgrace for corruption and incompetence'

Care to elaborate? There has been also turnover in his cabinet, not sure they left due to your description.
Man, the way you guys try to excuse what Trump does.......and bend over backwards trying to equate his actions to Obamas, is truly unbelievable.

Take the lies. "He lied plenty. They all do." What a complete and utterly ridiculous rationalization. Trump lies EVERY DAY, multiple times. I'm not talking about a "Depends on how you interpret it" lie, or a "He exaggerated the numbers" lie. I'm talking about unmitigated, not even close, "WTF are you talking about", "knock it out of the park" lies. He is a serial liar, so much so that his own lawyers won't let him talk to Mueller......Because HE WILL get caught LYING.

JFC how do you continue to excuse this?

Man, the way you guys try to excuse what Trump does.......and bend over backwards trying to equate his actions to Obamas, is truly unbelievable.

Take the lies. "He lied plenty. They all do." What a complete and utterly ridiculous rationalization. Trump lies EVERY DAY, multiple times. I'm not talking about a "Depends on how you interpret it" lie, or a "He exaggerated the numbers" lie. I'm talking about unmitigated, not even close, "WTF are you talking about", "knock it out of the park" lies. He is a serial liar, so much so that his own lawyers won't let him talk to Mueller......Because HE WILL get caught LYING.

JFC how do you continue to excuse this?

PurdueFan1 brought up Obama, listed his appreciated qualities that he liked about Obama to contrast him from Trump, I just refuted them with facts. "He lied plenty. They all do." That referred to Obama. There are a lot more examples which include public statements that were the opposite of what was emailed earlier that day.

I said nothing about Trump in that post. I did not try to equate or excuse anything. So not sure what your post dealt with. I would kindly suggest you learn to follow the dialogue in threads.

Like my first sentence in my post said, people believe what they want to believe.

PurdueFan1 brought up Obama, listed his appreciated qualities that he liked about Obama to contrast him from Trump, I just refuted them with facts. "He lied plenty. They all do." That referred to Obama. There are a lot more examples which include public statements that were the opposite of what was emailed earlier that day.

I said nothing about Trump in that post. I did not try to equate or excuse anything. So not sure what your post dealt with. I would kindly suggest you learn to follow the dialogue in threads.

Like my first sentence in my post said, people believe what they want to believe.

You didn’t refute a thing, you didn’t provide facts, you provided a bunch of opinions, wrongly formed off of the propoganda of Fox News.

Reactions: Bill4411
He is a serial liar, so much so that his own lawyers won't let him talk to Mueller......Because HE WILL get caught LYING.

c'mon man, it's innocent. it's truthful hyperbole.

"The final key to the way I promote is bravado. I play to people’s fantasies. People may not always think big themselves, but they can still get very excited by those who do. That’s why a little hyperbole never hurts. People want to believe that something is the biggest and the greatest and the most spectacular. I call it truthful hyperbole. It’s an innocent form of exaggeration—and a very effective form of promotion.”
-trump, art of the deal

Reactions: BuilderBob6
You didn’t refute a thing, you didn’t provide facts, you provided a bunch of opinions, wrongly formed off of the propoganda of Fox News.

Uh, because you do not agree with it does not make it an opinion. Sorry.

He went after FOX, he lied about the Iraq War, ACA, and Reconstruction Act. He did not commit obstruction but either did Trump yet-Fact. He either did not know about bogus investigations on Hilary or turned a blind eye to them-fact. Where is this cabinet full of people that committed obstruction and incompetence? I can give you Flynn.

Go look it up. Your legacy is what you did and left behind. Sorry the one you loved had a tarnished legacy. It happens.

Uh, because you do not agree with it does not make it an opinion. Sorry.

He went after FOX, he lied about the Iraq War, ACA, and Reconstruction Act. He did not commit obstruction but either did Trump yet-Fact. He either did not know about bogus investigations on Hilary or turned a blind eye to them-fact. Where is this cabinet full of people that committed obstruction and incompetence? I can give you Flynn.

Go look it up. Your legacy is what you did and left behind. Sorry the one you loved had a tarnished legacy. It happens.

He didn’t go after Fox. What do you think he lied about with Iraq? The stimulus saved the auto industry and the entire US economy. The ACA has brought health insurance to millions of preppie that previously didn’t have it. It’s not perfect but it’s leaps and bounds better than what there was, and the Republicans have yet to come up with any ideas that are better. You guys keep trying to get Clinton on something, guess what, your conspiracy theories require proof, that’s why nothing ever comes of it. You have no facts in your side. You’re just another easily misled Fox Nees sheep that doesn’t have a clue.

Trump’s Cabinet of corruption and incompetence includes Price, Pruitt, Zinke, Ross, Carson, Mulvaney, and Devos.

But....two things. What's the motivation of these sources to talk to Woodward? These people would obviously lose their jobs, it could even ruin their careers. They aren't being paid. Are they deep state plants? What is the benefit for these people to talk to Woodward?

The other thing. The excerpts I've seen portray the same Trump we see every day. It's not like they show a man who is completely different than the Trump we know. They just give examples of the same behavior he's shown all along. Makes it more likely the info in the book is true for me.
Many of the people “cited” or involved were from the first months of his time in office. Almost all of them have been replaced. Many were bad choices to begin with and they were replaced with better people. Priebus, Brannon, etc. were bad choices and Trump took them out of loyalty for helping to win the election.

Reactions: TwinDegrees2

Many of the people “cited” or involved were from the first months of his time in office. Almost all of them have been replaced. Many were bad choices to begin with and they were replaced with better people. Priebus, Brannon, etc. were bad choices and Trump took them out of loyalty for helping to win the election.

But I thought he only hired the best people? Which is it? Spin spin spin!

...Kavanaugh ... is more qualified and has more of a detailed history than any other recent nominee. Not sure it is close.
Hmmm, maybe someone who
graduated summa cum laude from Harvard College and graduated magna cum laude from Harvard Law School. After serving as a law clerk to Judge Henry J. Friendly of the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuitand Justice William J. Brennan, Jr. of the Supreme Court of the United States, he practiced corporate litigation at Arnold & Porter and worked as a federal prosecutor in the United States Department of Justice, where he played a leading role in the investigation and prosecution of the Oklahoma City bombers.
Nominated to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia seat ...the American Bar Association(ABA) Standing Committee on the Federal Judiciary gave... a "unanimously well-qualified" committee rating, its highest. Became Chief Judge of the D.C. Circuit.
That would be Merrick Garland

You've taken some out of context. Also, finding 4 quotes over 8 years is night and day when we're looking at daily meltdowns with Trump. Obama didn't attack the press, he didn't attack our allies, he didn't lie constantly, he didn't push to have the DOJ act as his personal attack dog going after rivals when there was no crime committed, he didn't commit obstruction of justice, he didn't have a cabinet full of people force to resign in disgrace for corruption and incompetence, he didn't make unhinged attacks on regular citizens to try to galvanize support with his base.
You must live in a liberal cocoon. Obama attacked FOX News many, many times. A few examples:

This may be one of the dumbest arguments I’ve seen you guys make. None of those clips are Obama “attacking” Fox News. To try to compare that to what Trump does is completely disingenuous. You can’t even truly believe that is a real comparison.
Oh FFS.

Why do you bother? You can't reason with crazy.
How do you call this attacks and compare it to Trump, they aren’t anywhere close to the same thing. You guys are certainly completely off your rockers. You’d have to be to support Trump at this point, but this is just sad.

Reactions: atmafola
How do you call this attacks and compare it to Trump, they aren’t anywhere close to the same thing. You guys are certainly completely off your rockers. You’d have to be to support Trump at this point, but this is just sad.
Did it ever occur to you that perhaps...just perhaps...the reason our current POTUS goes after the press more harshly than our previous POTUS is that the press treats the Trump administration just slightly different than they did the Obama administration?

Did it ever occur to you that perhaps...just perhaps...the reason our current POTUS goes after the press more harshly than our previous POTUS is that the press treats the Trump administration just slightly different than they did the Obama administration?

There’s a difference between going after him and just repeating what he says. Perhaps you should learn the difference.

Because he brings it on himself. Hell, he thrives on it. He always needs some enemy to attack and portray as having been treating him "unfairly." It's literally been his MO his entire life. Central Park 5, Rosie, President Obama, every GOP contender, Hillary, the "fake news" media, and on and on.

It's pathetic and childish and he's not to be taken seriously nor respected.

If he wants to stop receiving justifiably negative coverage: stop lying, be competent, and show that you care about this country more than yourself.

Because he brings it on himself. Hell, he thrives on it. He always needs some enemy to attack and portray as having been treating him "unfairly." It's literally been his MO his entire life. Central Park 5, Rosie, President Obama, every GOP contender, Hillary, the "fake news" media, and on and on.

It's pathetic and childish and he's not to be taken seriously nor respected.

If he wants to stop receiving justifiably negative coverage: stop lying, be competent, and show that you care about this country more than yourself.
So go tell your pal 35 that the press treats our current POTUS totally different than the bowing at the alter way they treated our previous POTUS. Perhaps you can talk some sense into him.

So go tell your pal 35 that the press treats our current POTUS totally different than the bowing at the alter way they treated our previous POTUS. Perhaps you can talk some sense into him.

You're my pal. That's why I respond to you so much.

Reactions: hunkgolden
Why do you bother? You can't reason with crazy.
First he called me a liar, when I knew I wasn’t one. Then, I provide 5 separate videos with Obama making attacks directly on FOX News or him being quoted making attacks on FOX News and indy35 says that they’re not really attacks. Even confronted with essentially incontrovertible evidence, he still can’t admit he’s wrong.

He acts as if we are torch-wielding Brown Shirts circa 1933, when in fact he is the one who display the worst kind fascistic tendencies. He regularly carps about projection, but he is the one projecting hate and spite on here for daring to believe differently than he does. His Bolshevism is leaking out?

Wait, I thought it was “crazy” to understand that what SDboiler provided as attacks are nothing of the sort? Not even in the same zip code for the argument to what Trump does. Now you e changed your argument to “well, the press treats them differently.” Of course the press treats them differently! Obama never acted like Trump does so of course they aren’t going to call him into question the same way.

Wait, I thought it was “crazy” to understand that what SDboiler provided as attacks are nothing of the sort? Not even in the same zip code for the argument to what Trump does. Now you e changed your argument to “well, the press treats them differently.” Of course the press treats them differently! Obama never acted like Trump does so of course they aren’t going to call him into question the same way.
I think we're making progress here. Nice to see you agree that the press treats our current President in a totally different manner in which they treated our previous President. Perhaps there is hope....

First he called me a liar, when I knew I wasn’t one. Then, I provide 5 separate videos with Obama making attacks directly on FOX News or him being quoted making attacks on FOX News and indy35 says that they’re not really attacks. Even confronted with essentially incontrovertible evidence, he still can’t admit he’s wrong.

He acts as if we are torch-wielding Brown Shirts circa 1933, when in fact he is the one who display the worst kind fascistic tendencies. He regularly carps about projection, but he is the one projecting hate and spite on here for daring to believe differently than he does. His Bolshevism is leaking out?
You are a liar, those aren’t attacks at all, saying that if you’re getting your story from there you’re not really getting the whole truth isn’t an attack, it’s telling the truth. Fox News is not real news. They are a mouthpiece for he Republican Party.

Why did you run away from there civil rights act discussion so quickly? Did you realize that you were completely and utterly wrong? This is your chance, go to wherever you think you heard that fabrication on the Voting Rights Act and then understand that the other “news articles” they’re pumping out are just as fabricated. This is your chance to escape the bubble.

I think we're making progress here. Nice to see you agree that the press treats our current President in a totally different manner in which they treated our previous President. Perhaps there is hope....
Way to ignore the rest of the post. Do you realize you changed your original argument because what you said was wrong? Do you get that Trump’s words and actions are why he’s treated differently? If Obama had acted completely unhinged then the press would have treated him the same way. I’m sorry, I don’t think there’s any hope for you, you just don’t seem to be wired right.

Please post my "original argument" that you keep referring to.
You said “why do you bother, you can’t reason with crazy.” That would seem that you agree with SDboiler that those clips are actual “attacks “and that they are in anyway comparable to what Donald Trump currently does with the press. You then later admit that the attacks are not comparable.

You said “why do you bother, you can’t reason with crazy.” That would seem that you agree with SDboiler that those clips are actual “attacks “and that they are in anyway comparable to what Donald Trump currently does with the press. You then later admit that the attacks are not comparable.
Nope - my original comment was simply a comment about your state of mind. I didn't even know what two were arguing about at the time.

Nope - my original comment was simply a comment about your state of mind. I didn't even know what two were arguing about at the time.
My apologies, I’d thought you’d take a minute to understand the topic on which you were commenting on. That actually explains a lot about your arguments.

Reactions: atmafola
My apologies, I’d thought you’d take a minute to understand the topic on which you were commenting on. That actually explains a lot about your arguments.
The topic I was commenting on was your craziness. Nothing more...nothing less.

The total volume of the attacks by Obama on those videos adds up to about two tweets from Trump. No one can deny Obama complained about Fox.......but the volume and frequency and vitriol is not the same. Trump does it every day, "Enemy of the people", "horrible, disgusting people".......on and on. I don't know how you can make this argument with a straight face.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT