ADVERTISEMENT

Wonder if Drew Brees will be a Saint next year.

MilwaukeeBoilerFan

All-American
May 29, 2001
Logic says yes, but Saints front office might be thinking a different direction. Would Drew be an unrestricted free agent?

He deserves better.
That last play was awful.
After he retook the lead - twice....

He deserves better.
That last play was awful.
After he retook the lead - twice....
Guy that missed the tackle was a rookie. Have to think at that point you play a 3 safety high look and keep everything in front since they likely weren't going to have enough time to do much. Big mistake on the part of the Saints' DC to continue playing that defense that funneled everything to the middle with only 14 seconds left and no TO's left.

Reactions: Purdue11
Guy that missed the tackle was a rookie. Have to think at that point you play a 3 safety high look and keep everything in front since they likely weren't going to have enough time to do much. Big mistake on the part of the Saints' DC to continue playing that defense that funneled everything to the middle with only 14 seconds left and no TO's left.
The DB apparently said in a post-game interview that he was laying off because he was afraid they would call PI against him, which would result in a long penalty and would stop the clock for an easy field goal. Who knows?

Reactions: delarno
The DB apparently said in a post-game interview that he was laying off because he was afraid they would call PI against him, which would result in a long penalty and would stop the clock for an easy field goal. Who knows?
It is amazing how he did not know the game situation. Let Diggs catch the ball and bring him down in bounds and the game was over. No need for drama by running up to the receiver trying to knock it away/needing to avoid the pass interference. Also, he took out the only other Saint DB that had a chance to make the tackle! Unbelievable......I have never seen a worse play by a "prevent" defense.

It is amazing how he did not know the game situation. Let Diggs catch the ball and bring him down in bounds and the game was over. No need for drama by running up to the receiver trying to knock it away/needing to avoid the pass interference. Also, he took out the only other Saint DB that had a chance to make the tackle! Unbelievable......I have never seen a worse play by a "prevent" defense.
Rodgers hail Mary against Detroit is in the team picture.

Last edited:
Reactions: delarno
At this point in his career, with all he has accomplished, and all he has sacrificed for the Saints, he deserves to hitch a ride to a Super Bowl on a team with a great defense a la Peyton Manning with the Broncos. Denver again seems like the most obvious choice.

At this point in his career, with all he has accomplished, and all he has sacrificed for the Saints, he deserves to hitch a ride to a Super Bowl on a team with a great defense a la Peyton Manning with the Broncos. Denver again seems like the most obvious choice.
think he stays, loves it there, now as far as the Saints, I believe Mayfield will be there for them to take. Drew shows him the ropes for a year.

Amazing Williams didn't realize the only function was to keep the player in front of him, wrap him and take him to the ground or let other N.O. Saints help get him to the ground. MN had no T.O.'s left and it was game over. The most horrific finish is exactly what happened.

Amazing Williams didn't realize the only function was to keep the player in front of him, wrap him and take him to the ground or let other N.O. Saints help get him to the ground. MN had no T.O.'s left and it was game over. The most horrific finish is exactly what happened.
Rookie defender from a Pac-12 school. Not so amazing.

Reactions: pboiler18

Exactly, it was a very easy play to make.

Rookie defender from a Pac-12 school. Not so amazing.
still supposedly Pro football player, a basic tackle or just challenge the receiver like the play or two before where the Minny receiver #19 was challenged along the sideline in front of Saints bench.

For the people saying go to the Broncos, I wouldn't leave the Saints who have a lot of weapons compared to the Broncos, and the Broncos defense isn't the defense of a couple years ago.

Reactions: MilwaukeeBoilerFan

His tackling “technique” was horrible. Launching yourself at the receiver trying to take his legs out is not tackling. Drives me crazy...

His tackling “technique” was horrible. Launching yourself at the receiver trying to take his legs out is not tackling. Drives me crazy...

The DB seemed to go for a big hit down low with his head down...as was mentioned earlier...terrible tackling technique! As for Drew he seems to be very loyal and will stay with the Saints and the Head Coach but if some other contending team makes him an offer too good to be true, the good businessman that he is would have to consider it...imo. I think Denver might be ok but a better one is Jacksonville and if they put something outstanding in a contract that would be very tempting!

Reactions: purduepat1969
The DB seemed to go for a big hit down low with his head down...as was mentioned earlier...terrible tackling technique! As for Drew he seems to be very loyal and will stay with the Saints and the Head Coach but if some other contending team makes him an offer too good to be true, the good businessman that he is would have to consider it...imo. I think Denver might be ok but a better one is Jacksonville and if they put something outstanding in a contract that would be very tempting!
The receiver was barely moving just jumps up and Williams wiffs. Unreal!

Thought about Jacksonville, but doubt they will bail on Bortles now.

Recent quote from Drew "It's the same way I felt two days ago, the same way I felt 12 years ago. That is, I'll be here as long as they'll have me," Brees said, before adding he is "not planning" on talking to other teams in free agency.

How many more reasons do we need to love this guy?

Reactions: MilwaukeeBoilerFan
ADVERTISEMENT