ADVERTISEMENT

Women's Basketball Postgame video

Rubbed the wrong way with KG’s comments and backhanded insinuations about Madison. Sure she chose to sit out a pointless tournament. Smith pretty much sat out the entire regular season and is the main reason why we are 14-18 and playing in a 3rd tier tournament. I don’t blame Madison for sitting this out, honestly. At least she showed up every single game (that mattered) the last 4 months and tried to make this team be somewhat successful.

The comment about well thank goodness JT and Ellis chose to play… or we couldn’t have accepted a bid (an obvious reference to Madison). No duh they wanted to play. Ones chasing a historic stat milestone and the other is chasing 2K career pts.

Just rubbed me the wrong way. Ok put in the stat of losing 9 games by 9 or less pts - but guess where we lost those pts from all year. Smith and Mila. Nice they decided to show up when none of it really mattered I guess… whatever.

Last edited:
Rubbed the wrong way with KG’s comments and backhanded insinuations about Madison. Sure she chose to sit out a pointless tournament. Smith pretty much sat out the entire regular season and is the main reason why we are 14-18 and playing in a 3rd tier tournament. I don’t blame Madison for sitting this out, honestly. At least she showed up every single game (that mattered) the last 4 months and tried to make this team be somewhat successful.

The comment about well thank goodness JT and Ellis chose to play… or we couldn’t have accepted a bid (an obvious reference to Madison). No duh they wanted to play. Ones chasing a historic stat milestone and the other is chasing 2K career pts.

Just rubbed me the wrong way. Ok put in the stat of losing 9 games by 9 or less pts - but guess where we lost those pts from all year. Smith and Mila. Nice they decided to show up when none of it really mattered I guess… whatever.
I'm not going to lie. Coach did seem a little butt hurt. She needs to let it go and coach the girls who want to keep playing.

Reactions: MichaelRR
Yeah. It was a different tone than what Carmen wrote about. Maybe there is more beneath the surface because she has normally spoken well about players in all circumstances - Moore, Origami, hell even Stodderd. Unfortunate.

Dont know if well find out unless someone has some insight.

Reactions: MichaelRR
Madison played in all 31 regular season and BTT games for us this year, her final one playing college basketball. She was forced into playing 30 mpg because Smith, a junior, forgot how to play the game of basketball. So yeah. I’d want a break too than having to play and prepare for WEEKS in a self serving and pointless tournament when all it is is padding player stats, coaches wins, and giving young kids experience. Literally that’s all the WNIT is at this point.

Madison played in all 31 regular season and BTT games for us this year, her final one playing college basketball. She was forced into playing 30 mpg because Smith, a junior, forgot how to play the game of basketball. So yeah. I’d want a break too than having to play and prepare for WEEKS in a self serving and pointless tournament when all it is is padding player stats, coaches wins, and giving young kids experience. Literally that’s all the WNIT is at this point.
I don't think it's completely pointless, even for the seniors. Gives everyone more time together to create memories on and off the court. I bet they're all having a good time on that bus ride home. They were able to play in a unique venue like Hinkle, in front of a good crowd. Terry and Ellis looked like players that wanted to keep playing.

Maybe it doesn't mean as much to us fans and I get both sides of it, I'd rather be in the ncaa or even the wbit but I enjoy watching this younger team play and seeing players grow. It was awesome seeing someone like Mila who hasn't had much on court success finally breakthrough for a game like tonight.

To each their own.

I don't think it's completely pointless, even for the seniors. Gives everyone more time together to create memories on and off the court. I bet they're all having a good time on that bus ride home. They were able to play in a unique venue like Hinkle, in front of a good crowd. Terry and Ellis looked like players that wanted to keep playing.

Maybe it doesn't mean as much to us fans and I get both sides of it, I'd rather be in the ncaa or even the wbit but I enjoy watching this younger team play and seeing players grow. It was awesome seeing someone like Mila who hasn't had much on court success finally breakthrough for a game like tonight.

To each their own.
I'm excited to see them keep playing. I just hope we are lucky enough for this one to be televised somewhere too.

Reactions: DocRon
Yeah. It was a different tone than what Carmen wrote about. Maybe there is more beneath the surface because she has normally spoken well about players in all circumstances - Moore, Origami, hell even Stodderd. Unfortunate.

Dont know if well find out unless someone has some insight.
I attempted to provide some insight but was criticized for being unfair and out of line. 🤣

CKG left Madison out of the conversation b/c she chose to leave herself off the team. She should praise those who know what it means to show up and compete. It’s so much more than this tournament and I am surprised people don’t even give that consideration. You don’t choose when you participate at this level. If you want to be able to determine when you show up, then go to an NAIA school, play D3, or do intramurals.

CKG’s comments about praising JT and Abby were fine because they stayed with their team. They are deserving of that praise. She appreciated that. She appreciated that Harper Sr. was present for the game and continues to come to practices. There are many ways to impact a team without physically playing. She was making a point for sure and it’s fine for her to do so. She’s focusing on the kids who show up. Maybe we quit justifying one player’s poor decision and be okay with her praising the ones who made the right choice. Don’t those players deserve that?

I was in Hinkle and loved our fan support. Madison was not in attendance. That also speaks volumes. She has not been back with the team since they got home from BTT. Is showing up and cheering too much to ask? For her, it is. Yet it wasn’t for Harper Sr. CKG’s behavior at the presser validated everything for me. I applaud her for focusing on her team, and not victimizing or justifying the poor decision of one player. Madison’s absence is definitely addition by subtraction.

I’ve been critical of CKG at times this season but after her presser, I appreciate her position. To be a top level team you have to have a line between Coach and player. I’ve felt at times she’s been too friendly and accommodating. Credit to her for being boldly focused on her team. In the real world, I’m not too sure at a company board meeting, if the president is going to spend time giving attention to the guy who quit 18 days ago before a project was done. Why do we expect CKG to do so?

Why are we excusing a poor decision by Madison by blaming her teammates? I admit, that approach intrigues me. So it’s Jayla’s fault Madison is burned out? It’s Jayla’s fault Madison had to play? Are we now blaming Mila for Harper Sr. getting injured because she had to play so much and Mila hasn’t been ready? Are we blaming JT and Ellis for being selfish and they’re the reason we are playing? Are we blaming Harper Sr. for MA’s broken nose because she didn’t help on defense better to avoid the contact? Now all of a sudden Madison was forced to play? Not at all. She struggled because she wasn’t getting her way. I don’t mind a discussion where people disagree but your position to blame Madisons’s selfish decision on a teammate doesn’t make much sense to me. A player on a team, ANY player on a team, can encourage togetherness or separation. Maybe consider the girls who produced tonight may have felt more comfortable without one of their teammates. They are college kids who want to have fun and maybe being around a player who rarely seemed happy, might have been heavy for them? When a player walks away and there’s an immediate improvement in morale, togetherness and chemistry, then maybe that speaks volumes…. To those capable of seeing it.

I was right there with you last night, but I was tired and decided to let my thoughts marinate overnight before commenting.

"Never attribute to malice what is more likely ineptness or incompetence."

I think this is another case of KG's lack of D1 experience and dealing with the media is coming out. I think she left out Madison because Madison chose to be left out and was trying to respect Madison's wishes, but some of the statements she made did seem to throw shade on her whether intentionally or inadvertently. I choose to think inadvertent because if KG is that petty she is doomed to fail in the long run as little things like this will eventually poison her reputation same as they did for Versyp who was very petty about how she treated some players.

<<<<BoilerRingside wrote:
"Yeah. It was a different tone than what Carmen wrote about. Maybe there is more beneath the surface because she has normally spoken well about players in all circumstances - Moore, Origami, hell even Stodderd. Unfortunate.

Dont know if we'll find out unless someone has some insight.">>>>

This is another reason I am going with KG just not being experienced enough to not stick her foot in her mouth and hopefully inadvertently throwing a 4 year player under the bus for accepting her offer to sit the tournament out. This is hugely important for me _ KATIE GEARLDS GAVE THE FOUR SENIORS THE OPTION TO NOT PLAY IN THE POST SEASON!!! (before Caitlyn's injury)_ CKG brought the option to them, not Madison deciding on her own to walk away. If you do that, you have to accept the players decision and if you are a good person support it. This is also why I think HoopDad is way off base and just using this to once again advance his agenda against Madison that he has been beating since her injury.

<<<<"BoilerPride also said:
Madison played in all 31 regular season and BTT games for us this year, her final one playing college basketball. She was forced into playing 30 mpg because Smith, a junior, forgot how to play the game of basketball. So yeah. I’d want a break too than having to play and prepare for WEEKS in a self serving and pointless tournament when all it is is padding player stats, coaches wins, and giving young kids experience. Literally that’s all the WNIT is at this point.">>>>>

I do think the wear and tear and emotional stress from this disappointing season did take a toll on MAdison who was already fragile enough that McKenna was brought in at least in part to help Madison stabalize her mental state. And while Pride was more agressive in his tone than I think was totally appropriate, he is not wrong in laying a lot of the burden that Madison and the other starters had to carry for this team at the feet of Smith and Mila for basically being useless most of this season putting more pressure on the rest of the team. Losing also takes a mental toll, espcially when you feel you are not performing up to your ability, which then creates a vicious feedback cycle that just keeps getting worse and worse. I am not convinced that Mila and Smith got their heads out of their backsides yet, but last night was refreshing to see they have not completely forgotten how to play the game. Now they need to back it up. For those that watched the game, did Mila seem engaged on defense this game, or was it just on the offensive end? Previous games I have watched she looked lazy all the time unless she had the ball in her hands.

In closing, I think KG in her next press conference needs to make sure to thank Madison's contributions for her career and aknowledge that the team supports her still even though she has ended her career after the BTT and that they wish her the best in her future life. This will help her look less like a jerk and help her if she wants to keep McKenna on the team for next season. Being gracious costs her nothing, but holding a hard line might, now and in the future.

Last edited:
WHO THE F@#$ ARE YOU TO DETERMINE WHETHER OR NOT HER CHOICE WAS A BAD DECISION??????????????

Ger over being butt hurt about Madison, she's gone. She took the offer from the coach to sit out the losers tournament, she did not walk out on her own. YES it is parrtially Jayla and Mila's fault that we sucked this year because they were wastes of scholarship and minutes and their lack of production put more pressure on the seniors that they just did not have the ability to carry. For someone that already struggled with mental health issues, that became intolerable, but she still soldiered through to the end of the season, and only walked away when the coach offerred her the option. NOT MADISON ASKING. GEALRDS OFFERED THAT OPTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But you cannot accept that and keep being a brutish insensitive jerk throwing more hate at a player who made the best choice for her with the options her coach gave her. Good for Madison, and better if she did not have to ever hear from dirt bags like you denigrating her for taking care of herself instead of making things worse for herself to appease some self rightious bag of dicks on a message board.

I dislike a couple of posters on here, but you sir top the list because of your continued attacks on someone that has done NOTHING to deserve your hate. You are a really brave man behind your keyboard, but not a good one and I can only hope for the people in your life that IRL you are not nearly such a disgusting selfish bag of dicks.
Clarification: I’m thrilled she’s gone. You seem butt hurt by it. You get way too angry at people who say things you don’t like. Take a break. I’m not telling girls to get on treadmills sir, that’s you. You lack the skills to address people without being so hateful. It’s a blog. People continue to discuss Madison. I respond. That’s not a crime. You’ll never see me say an untruth or yell at people on here. Name calling is also indicative of your inability to have a discussion.

Clarification: I’m thrilled she’s gone. You seem butt hurt by it. You get way too angry at people who say things you don’t like. Take a break. I’m not telling girls to get on treadmills sir, that’s you. You lack the skills to address people without being so hateful. It’s a blog. People continue to discuss Madison. I respond. That’s not a crime. You’ll never see me say an untruth or yell at people on here. Name calling is also indicative of your inability to have a discussion.
You are right, my passion gets the best of me sometimes, ESPECIALLY when I see someone posting with no compassion and being a bully and continuing to advance an agenda of hate against a player dealing with mental health issues. I hope to the gods that you don''t have anyone in your life dealing with such trauma because you would be the kind of douche canoe to hand them a gun and tell them to just end it if they feel that bad judging by your posts here.

I have been critical of Madison's play the last two years, but tempered it with compassion as we have been told before of her mental health issues in addition to her playing hurt for the team showing great courage and commitment to her team mates. But she has not been the same player since then, and its definitely hurt the team. I am not sorry to see her move on, but I acknowledge all she gave to the program and wish her nothing but the best.

Why are we excusing a poor decision by Madison by blaming her teammates? I admit, that approach intrigues me. So it’s Jayla’s fault Madison is burned out? It’s Jayla’s fault Madison had to play? Are we now blaming Mila for Harper Sr. getting injured because she had to play so much and Mila hasn’t been ready? Are we blaming JT and Ellis for being selfish and they’re the reason we are playing? Are we blaming Harper Sr. for MA’s broken nose because she didn’t help on defense better to avoid the contact? Now all of a sudden Madison was forced to play? Not at all. She struggled because she wasn’t getting her way. I don’t mind a discussion where people disagree but your position to blame Madisons’s selfish decision on a teammate doesn’t make much sense to me. A player on a team, ANY player on a team, can encourage togetherness or separation. Maybe consider the girls who produced tonight may have felt more comfortable without one of their teammates. They are college kids who want to have fun and maybe being around a player who rarely seemed happy, might have been heavy for them? When a player walks away and there’s an immediate improvement in morale, togetherness and chemistry, then maybe that speaks volumes…. To those capable of seeing it.

Then good be glad she’s gone and STFU about it. And KG should too and stop “subtweeting” her with her post game comments. Talk about the girls that are finally producing. Took all season and going 13-18 for them to finally show why they’re D1 scholarship players. Too bad it’s in a WNIT game.

You’re making a good case to be the most embarrassing, insufferable poster on this board and that’s saying A LOT.

Then good be glad she’s gone and STFU about it. And KG should too and stop “subtweeting” her with her post game comments. Talk about the girls that are finally producing. Took all season and going 13-18 for them to finally show why they’re D1 scholarship players. Too bad it’s in a WNIT game.

You’re making a good case to be the most embarrassing, insufferable poster on this board and that’s saying A LOT.
Damn, you know its gotten really bad when Hoopdad is so awful he has you and I on the same side.

• Haha
Reactions: HoopDad317

Damn, you know it’s gotten really bad when Hoopdad is so awful he has you and I on the same side.

You are right, my passion gets the best of me sometimes, ESPECIALLY when I see someone posting with no compassion and being a bully and continuing to advance an agenda of hate against a player dealing with mental health issues. I hope to the gods that you don''t have anyone in your life dealing with such trauma because you would be the kind of douche canoe to hand them a gun and tell them to just end it if they feel that bad judging by your posts here.

I have been critical of Madison's play the last two years, but tempered it with compassion as we have been told before of her mental health issues in addition to her playing hurt for the team showing great courage and commitment to her team mates. But she has not been the same player since then, and its definitely hurt the team. I am not sorry to see her move on, but I acknowledge all she gave to the program and wish her nothing but the best.
Sorry you think I’m a bully. I don’t call people names. You do. I absolutely have compassion for this team. I have it for every one of those girls that had to deal with toxicity from others. Do I feel we all are responsible for our choices and the ramifications of them? Of course. Do I offer an unpopular opinion, yes. Is it valid? Yes it is. I understand discussing it infuriates you. That’s not my point or intention. Many on here discuss topics…. How long did we read about JT and issues people had there? Or Matt Painter’s men’s team vs. Womens team? Or people bashing Smith? I think you’ve demonstrated Madison is hands off. That intrigues me as to why but I’m not sure I want to know. I too am glad she is leaving. She mentioned her mental health on multiple occasions. She made that public. Subsequently discussing it and yes, being critical of her, isn’t a crime. Unpopular on here, noted. Does it change my mind. Not at all. Appreciate your continual engagement but referencing how I would handle someone struggling with mental health in the real world was really telling. Purdue University is phenomenal. It provides resources beyond measure. Use them or don’t. Kids claiming mental health issues to avoid playing is not a new thing. If you’ve been around college athletics at all, you understand how this began the portal predicament in that kids can claim mental health and not have to sit out, years ago. It is becoming more appropriate to discuss. If a player has issues, I would hope they seek help. How I feel about the conduct of this player has nothing to do with how helpful or unhelpful you may think I am. Thanks Michael.

Looks like it will be on BTN+ for those that are subscribed.

Edit: I got lucky......my old subscription doesn't actually end until the 29th. So I can save my 10 bucks for now. Pizza Hut will probably get it that night. Lol.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT