ADVERTISEMENT

WNIT Thread

KJL

Redshirt Freshman
Aug 17, 2001
I assume the Boilers will receive a WNIT bid. And would also think they could get a home game to open? Thoughts? Insight?

They’ll get a bid and being one of the attendance leaders in NCAA women’s basketball they should host. There was one year that they played in the WNIT and chose not to host. Versyp felt they would get more experience by playing on the road. The following year they offered to host but were turned down. Was that paybacks from the prior year or was there another reason?

Bid extended and accepted. Opponent, location, date and time announcement tomorrow at 2 p.m.
Any idea what days the opening round take place? I have no real familiarity with the WNIT.

They’ll get a bid and being one of the attendance leaders in NCAA women’s basketball they should host. There was one year that they played in the WNIT and chose not to host. Versyp felt they would get more experience by playing on the road. The following year they offered to host but were turned down. Was that paybacks from the prior year or was there another reason?
Bad memory. We opted not to host the first and second rounds and were turned down when we offered to host the next round. We were sent to IU who were the eventual champions.

Southern Illinois, Wednesday at 7pm in Mackey. Of course it has to be on Big Ten Plus. The regular network has a replay of the Big Ten Women's Sports Report on at that time, then an Iowa Basketball Classic. I guess I can see how those shows are more important. Lol.

Southern Illinois, Wednesday at 7pm in Mackey. Of course it has to be on Big Ten Plus. The regular network has a replay of the Big Ten Women's Sports Report on at that time, then an Iowa Basketball Classic. I guess I can see how those shows are more important. Lol.
Russ, as much as you follow WBB and VB, why do you not subscribe to BTN+? Or am I misunderstanding you?

Ths, strange that she hardly has played then started and a lot of minutes so far. And playing well, Moore went off for 15 and Boilers up 20 at half. Learn okay.

Reactions: TC4THREE
Couldn’t watch tonight - but just checked score and happy to see a good win. Really happy to hear Moore had a great game! She was 0-fer in the final game of the season and I sure didn’t want to see her Purdue career to end like that.

So Marquette up next huh? Interesting… will be curious to see the interaction (if any) between Karissa McLaughlin and former PU teammates. Also, Kelly Komara is an Asst coach there. “Plot lines” aplenty 😊…. Anyone know when Game location/time will be announced?

Reactions: DocRon
Couldn’t watch tonight - but just checked score and happy to see a good win. Really happy to hear Moore had a great game! She was 0-fer in the final game of the season and I sure didn’t want to see her Purdue career to end like that.

So Marquette up next huh? Interesting… will be curious to see the interaction (if any) between Karissa McLaughlin and former PU teammates. Also, Kelly Komara is an Asst coach there. “Plot lines” aplenty 😊…. Anyone know when Game location/time will be announced?
Probably tomorrow. Game could be Saturday, Sunday, Monday or Tuesday.

Reactions: JeffBoiler
I don't know if this is confirmed but saw this on Twitter.

Yes, it is confirmed the game vs Marquette will be in Milwaukee at 8PM on Monday March 21. It is a shame that Marquette had 880 in attendance last night versus only 769 at Mackey. I am disappointed - I thought more would show up for our women ballers. But it was Spring Break. I wish I did not live 400 miles away.

Karissa had a really good night in their game last night with 24 pts shooting 6/11 from behind the 3PT line. I am trying to not be a little bitter that this program stuck with her through her severe knee injury and then she left. But maybe there was a good reason. Oh well, it should be interesting.

My guess and only that is that she was very close to Versyp and decided to clear out when stuff hit the fan, but we will never know. All problematical coaching changes cause movement--Karissa and Farquar would have been big this year. But all move on. I hope Mc does really well Monday but not well enough.

What's up with Madison Leyden? Will she be able to go on Monday. She played as if fatigued the last few games of the season. Maybe whatever is bothering her, was bothering her then. The whole team looked a lot sharper last night. Good win ladies. Doumbia played quite well. Makes you wonder why we didn't see more of her during the year. Regardless, hope Madison is feeling better.

My guess and only that is that she was very close to Versyp and decided to clear out when stuff hit the fan, but we will never know. All problematical coaching changes cause movement--Karissa and Farquar would have been big this year. But all move on. I hope Mc does really well Monday but not well enough.
From what I heard from a friends son that is a manager. She was not very well liked in the team and caused a lot of disruption. Said she could have played the rest of the season last year and decided to shut it down on her own. only came back to break the record.

From what I heard from a friends son that is a manager. She was not very well liked in the team and caused a lot of disruption. Said she could have played the rest of the season last year and decided to shut it down on her own. only came back to break the record.
I think Karissa announced her departure after Versyp said it would be her last year but before the legal stuff started and her ”resignation”. Of course, she could have know it was bad before WBB made the sudden change.

I am not saying what your friend told you is untrue, but I never heard a negative word about her attitude before. But what do I know???

In all fairness while those two probably help win games I’m not sure if they were good enough to put them into the tournament. If that’s the case probably best for younger players to play. It will be interesting to see if Moore comes back?

What's up with Madison Leyden? Will she be able to go on Monday. She played as if fatigued the last few games of the season. Maybe whatever is bothering her, was bothering her then. The whole team looked a lot sharper last night. Good win ladies. Doumbia played quite well. Makes you wonder why we didn't see more of her during the year. Regardless, hope Madison is feeling better.
Doumbia if she graduates would be smart to try to play another year somewhere, I doubt it would be at Purdue but with her athleticism she can flourish at a lower level.

Doumbia has shown that she can help Purdue at this level and I am sure would be welcomed back. Don't know her druthers, but she is a keeper. A great athlete.

I think Karissa announced her departure after Versyp said it would be her last year but before the legal stuff started and her ”resignation”. Of course, she could have know it was bad before WBB made the sudden change.

I am not saying what your friend told you is untrue, but I never heard a negative word about her attitude before. But what do I know???
Could be but hes been with the team for several years. It wouldn't have been in the teams interest to discuss personal issues off the court last year. Could have been wrong too but he said she was part of the group that tried to push out CSV.

Looked back at her Twitter. It looks like she said she was leaving the same day the CSV/CKG deal was announced.

Doumbia has shown that she can help Purdue at this level and I am sure would be welcomed back. Don't know her druthers, but she is a keeper. A great athlete.
Just don’t know with all that are coming back and new recruits if there’s a place for her. I’m sure she can return, however, if she wants to play a ton it might be wise to go elsewhere. She sure played good the other night, it was a little surprising that there was many games where she never played.

Just don’t know with all that are coming back and new recruits if there’s a place for her. I’m sure she can return, however, if she wants to play a ton it might be wise to go elsewhere. She sure played good the other night, it was a little surprising that there was many games where she never played.
I think her drawback is her size. She played more in the preseason against smaller teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT