ADVERTISEMENT

WNBA Playoffs

db

All-American
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
I am not a regular on this board so unsure if this is a frequent topic, but anyway....

I became a WBB fan in the mid-90s when Purdue got good, used to go to the women's BTT in Indy back then, and stayed a fan into the start of the Versyp era. Versyp soon lost me. But I also followed the WNBA as a result, and was in the stands when the Fever won their only title. The Fever then lost me too, by sucking. So I haven't been watching WBB for 5+ years.

With that background, I happened to tune into the fourth quarter and OT of the pivotal Game 3 of the Aces-Storm semifinal series last weekend, which the Aces pulled out following an instant-classic fourth quarter and end of regulation sequence. It was really fun to watch.

I don't know if I'll tune in for the Aces-Sun finals, but I expect them to be enjoyable. The Aces, at least, have some ridiculously good players, and the WNBA seems to feature a higher level of play overall than I remembered.

Anyone else following the WNBA playoffs?

I haven't watched the WNBA for at least a decade, the quality of play to me was just so disjointed and lacked any semblance of real team work most of the time. That's why Houston dominated during their reign, they actually played well together and complemented each other rather than playing all 2 man game or one on one crap. It reminded me way too much of the NBA which I loathe. I may have to give them another look next year. I won't watch the finals this year because Taurausi is a punk and I cannot stand to see her antics.

BTW welcome back DB, not sure if we will be any better with KG, but the team at least played inspired last year and was a great deal more fun to watch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT