ADVERTISEMENT

With Zander's freakish workout #'s, will he be drafted?

MilwaukeeBoilerFan

All-American
May 29, 2001
I noticed RB/FB and H back as part of his resume. Wondering if the league still values the FB/HB as much since it is total pass happy.

I noticed RB/FB and H back as part of his resume. Wondering if the league still values the FB/HB as much since it is total pass happy.
Very few NFL teams utilize a FB much anymore, except to block on goal line possessions and occasionally to run it in. His best chance to catch on with a team will be if he can show that he can be a valuable member of a team's special teams area.

Very few NFL teams utilize a FB much anymore, except to block on goal line possessions and occasionally to run it in. His best chance to catch on with a team will be if he can show that he can be a valuable member of a team's special teams area.
Every team carries a 3rd string back though. Honestly think the colts could be a good fit. They need a 3rd RB. Get one that can also be a FB at times, even better.

Yes, he could be drafted. Is he one of the best combo FB’s/Short yardage guys out there? I think it’s most likely he’s a FA, but I wouldn’t rule out a 6-7 round pickup.

Yes, he could be drafted. Is he one of the best combo FB’s/Short yardage guys out there? I think it’s most likely he’s a FA, but I wouldn’t rule out a 6-7 round pickup.
a team like the Niner's where they have that FB that played at Harvard. There are spots but few.

Reactions: pboiler18
Is it still the case where it is better to be undrafted than a 7th round pick? I remember something about having a chance to catch on with several teams, rather than having one option and then being cut.

His 40 time was surprisingly good. He was very productive in college. He’s built and mostly not injury prone.

Is it still the case where it is better to be undrafted than a 7th round pick? I remember something about having a chance to catch on with several teams, rather than having one option and then being cut.
That’s probably true from the start of the 5th round on

His probably best shot at making a roster is to go undrafted and then he can pick the best situation for him. I think he has a good shot at getting signed based off the numbers he's putting up.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
I was very surprised by the 4.59 forty time. Very impressive. He's too gifted of an athlete not to get a chance or make a roster/practice squad. RB's need to hit the hole. It's difficult to understand if there just wasn't a hole or our backs weren't hitting it fast enough. He looked great to me catching the ball. He looked a half step slow sometimes when rushing the ball.

ADVERTISEMENT