ADVERTISEMENT

With no football this fall,

I will now have time to actually get my yard in good shape instead of just thinking about it.I will read more than ever,try to find some movie classics on Turner Classic Movies,that I havent viewed,and may even try to write a short story.

Reactions: Purdue85
For you "West Coasters"....here you go...

West Coast Giant Pumpkin Regatta
The first thing Tualatin, Oregon has going for its uniquely weird sport is the title: West Coast Giant Pumpkin Regatta. Add the word “regatta” to the name of any boat or yacht race; the regal nomenclature gives the event instant cred.

@knelle via Instagram

Located just outside of Portland, this town lives up to the “Keep It Weird” slogan. Every October, participants dress up in ridiculous Halloween costumes and race across Tualatin Lake inside huge pumpkins.

Eat your heart out, New England. This is how the Pacific Northwest does Halloween.

ONLY ON THE LEFT COAST.

And for you southern folks:

10. Lawn Mower Racing
Do not let the comical name lawn mower racing fool you. As funny as the concept is, the sport itself is equally intense.

The major difference between lawn mower racing and go-karting is the vehicle itself. Unlike a go-kart, a lawn mower must maintain its engine and chassis (frame).

Lawn-Mower-Racing.jpg

Ben Birchall/PA Images via Getty Images

This mini-sized style of racing originated in the UK. After a group of friends became fed up with the unavoidable cash vacuum and huge startup costs of auto-racing, they came up with this new sport. Whether the event takes place on a flat track or off-road, lawn mower racing is a hit.

Not convinced? It’s grown so much that Lawnmower Racing Mania 2007 is a real Xbox game. That’s legit.

And...for you East Coasters....
Cycleball
Cycleball, or “radball” as it’s referred to in German (probably because it’s so sick, bruh) looks very much like a game of soccer… but on bicycles. It’s a two-on-two competition with riders using fixed-gear bikes without a freewheel or brakes.

Cycleball.jpg

Victor Fraile/Getty Images

It’s hard to argue that, at a glance, the sport looks ridiculous as competitors whack a ball around with their bike. Don’t be fooled, though. This picture alone shows just how acrobatic and crafty players can get when trying to save or score a goal.

For you "West Coasters"....here you go...

West Coast Giant Pumpkin Regatta
The first thing Tualatin, Oregon has going for its uniquely weird sport is the title: West Coast Giant Pumpkin Regatta. Add the word “regatta” to the name of any boat or yacht race; the regal nomenclature gives the event instant cred.

@knelle via Instagram

Located just outside of Portland, this town lives up to the “Keep It Weird” slogan. Every October, participants dress up in ridiculous Halloween costumes and race across Tualatin Lake inside huge pumpkins.

Eat your heart out, New England. This is how the Pacific Northwest does Halloween.

ONLY ON THE LEFT COAST.

Those pumpkins are pretty small compared to the ones raced on the pond in Ludwigsburg, Germany, as part of the world's largest pumpkin festival, an event that should be seen by all to be believed. The world's largest record pumpkin is frequently there. The year with the life-size dinosaur sculptures made from pumpkins was amazing.
www.blueba.de .

I do miss living in Stuttgart, but no Purdue football!

Those pumpkins are pretty small compared to the ones raced on the pond in Ludwigsburg, Germany, as part of the world's largest pumpkin festival, an event that should be seen by all to be believed. The world's largest record pumpkin is frequently there. The year with the life-size dinosaur sculptures made from pumpkins was amazing.
www.blueba.de .

I do miss living in Stuttgart, but no Purdue football!
If you're close enough to go, this is unbelievable. 5000 pumpkins...all sizes...all hand carved and electrically lit in a Louisville park. The pumpkins are replace every five days. https://www.facebook.com/louisvillejackolanternspectacular/

what will you do in place of watching the games?

Golf?
Bowling?
Drinking contests with yourself?
One tank trips?
At least we have high school football so far. Will be enjoying Friday nights under the lights.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT