ADVERTISEMENT

Wisconsin

purduepat1969

All-American
Sep 28, 2011
Wish Purdue could have played them prior to Chryst being fired. They absolutely destroyed NW today. Mertz actually played like a QB should...

Reactions: BSIT
If we cannot get up for an opponent that has beaten us like a drum since 2004, then maybe we won’t have to worry about the possibility of the West Title then.
Purdue is long overdue. The coaching change wears off and it is play the game. Purdue should keep that road warrior mentality and get them once and for all. Act like and be the BOSS!
Damn, I want to go play. Hold my beer!

Purdue is long overdue. The coaching change wears off and it is play the game. Purdue should keep that road warrior mentality and get them once and for all. Act like and be the BOSS!
Damn, I want to go play. Hold my beer!

Bucky needs to be dropped, but I have a little trouble believing it until I see it with the Badgers.

Nebraska
@ Wisconsin
Iowa
@ Illinois
Northwestern
@ Indiana

All of those are winnable, but as we saw today......Purdue can be excruciating to watch to close out a game. The opportunity is squarely in front of the Boilers. I do like that they've cleaned up a lot of the undisciplined mistakes......still too many turnovers, though and blown assignments.......however.......back-to-back road conference wins are rare.......enjoy and build on it.

Cautiously optimistic for now......subject to change at a moment's notice. :)

Last edited:
Its such a fun year. Every team in the B1G West would be competing for 4th place in the B1G East with the exception of Northwestern. It's like we're competing to see who is the 4th best team in the B1G, but if we can be that 4th best team, we'll be playing in the B1G Championship game.

The nice thing is Purdue is right there. Individually, we could win every game or lose every game (except Northwestern). I predict the winner of the B1G east will have 2 or even 3 conference losses. It's actually a lot of fun.

Bucky needs to be dropped, but I have a little trouble believing it until I see it with the Badgers.

Nebraska
@ Wisconsin
Iowa
@ Illinois
Northwestern
@ Indiana

All of those are winnable, but as we saw today......Purdue can be excruciating to watch to close out a game. The opportunity is squarely in front of the Boilers. I do like that they've cleaned up a lot of the undisciplined mistakes......still too many turnovers, though and blown assignments.......however.......back-to-back road conference wins are rare.......enjoy and build on it.

Cautiously optimistic for now......subject to change at a moment's notice. :)
None of those teams have a multi dimensional offense line penn state, Syracuse (QB run and fantastic Rb; also no Jalen Graham) and Maryland though .. everyone we play from here on out has one thing they do well or nothing they do well.

I think this team can very easily go 9-3 after having beat Maryland which I thought would be a huge potential loss in my 8-4 prediction

Our strength (Dline) will finally be able to match their strength (OL and run game). Wisky usually just pounds the rock at us for 3 quarters and our DL finally wears down late and starts giving up chunk plays. We now have the depth and skill at DL to combat that.
If Purdue can have a balanced attack, not have throw the ball 81 times, I feel good about that game.

Reactions: purduepat1969
We have stopped some good running backs this year. Braelon Allen will be a test with his style.

Last edited:
I predict the winner of the B1G east will have 2 or even 3 conference losses.
So either the big 3 all beat each other AND all lose another game, or one of them sweeps the other 2 but then loses 2 other games?

No chance

So either the big 3 all beat each other AND all lose another game, or one of them sweeps the other 2 but then loses 2 other games?

No chance

Michigan and Penn State play this weekend I think in Ann Arbor.....can't see the East Division winner with more than one loss. Ohio State hosts Michigan and goes to Happy Valley right before Halloween.

Don't think it will happen, but it could get really tricky if each team wins one and loses one against the others with division tie-breakers in a 3/way tie with no head-to-head winner. The old Big XII had that happen one year (2008 I think?) when Oklahoma, Texas, and Texas Tech ended up in a 3-way South division tie, each with one loss, and Oklahoma advanced based on the highest BCS ranking among the three. Longhorn fans were upset because Texas had beaten Oklahoma that year....."forgetting" for a moment losing to Tech. :)

Reactions: DrEss
Oops yep. Let me edit.

ScaredReadyCornsnake-max-1mb.gif

• Haha
Reactions: TX4GB
Michigan and Penn State play this weekend I think in Ann Arbor.....can't see the East Division winner with more than one loss. Ohio State hosts Michigan and goes to Happy Valley right before Halloween.

Don't think it will happen, but it could get really tricky if each team wins one and loses one against the others with division tie-breakers in a 3/way tie with no head-to-head winner. The old Big XII had that happen one year (2008 I think?) when Oklahoma, Texas, and Texas Tech ended up in a 3-way South division tie, each with one loss, and Oklahoma advanced based on the highest BCS ranking among the three. Longhorn fans were upset because Texas had beaten Oklahoma that year....."forgetting" for a moment losing to Tech. :)
I have to believe SCBoiler meant the West winner, not East winner.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT