ADVERTISEMENT

Wisconsin QB has covid?

SqueakyClean

Redshirt Freshman
Feb 18, 2014
Saw a post on the MSU board that Wisconsin's QB (who just single handedly kicked the holy crap out of Illinois) tested positive for Covid. They are going to confirm with another test.

If confirmed, he will be out for 3 weeks, which would include our game.

• Wow
Reactions: purduepat1969
Saw a post on the MSU board that Wisconsin's QB (who just single handedly kicked the holy crap out of Illinois) tested positive for Covid. They are going to confirm with another test.

I honestly think the 21 days for B1G players is bullshit. If a coach / staffer can come back in 10 days so to should a player. 21 days is nearly 1/2 a season for any B1G player. In this very example Brohm will be back for the next game and WI Mertz will be out 21 days...crazy! I’m not a WI lover either. If it were Rondale Moore, 21 days would screw Purdue over pretty bad or David Bell for that matter.
The players are some of the most highly tuned athletes in the world and the recovery is shorter for them. Rapid Tests and do lung checks with CAT scan or MRI if necessary and clear them in 10 days. Period!

If true that is incredibly unfortunate for him and Wisconsin. I hope he has a speedy recovery.

If he actually has it, and let’s hope he doesn’t, who knows what other of his teammates could have it. Were Illinois players exposed to it, who is our next opponent.

If he actually has it, and let’s hope he doesn’t, who knows what other of his teammates could have it. Were Illinois players exposed to it, who is our next opponent.
if he has it, hopefully he has a speedy recovery, one thing I know he didn't get it from any Illini defensive players because they were all adhering to the 6 ft. distance requirement while defending Wisky's O.

I honestly think the 21 days for B1G players is bullshit. If a coach / staffer can come back in 10 days so to should a player. 21 days is nearly 1/2 a season for any B1G player. In this very example Brohm will be back for the next game and WI Mertz will be out 21 days...crazy! I’m not a WI lover either. If it were Rondale Moore, 21 days would screw Purdue over pretty bad or David Bell for that matter.
The players are some of the most highly tuned athletes in the world and the recovery is shorter for them. Rapid Tests and do lung checks with CAT scan or MRI if necessary and clear them in 10 days. Period!
Agree. 21 days has no basis in reality. Should be 10 days max. Of course, I would recommend not even testing unless there are symptoms. But, that's me.

If sorgi starts I give us a chance to win on a kick in OT. Is coan going to be back against Big 12 powerhouse and the 90s legends (backup dancers) next week?

If coan is out Buddahaw state won’t havr to tag Laurence Phillips into the game

I thought the 21 days was due to examining the heart.
I believe you are correct. Seems like modern medicine with tools of CAT Scan and MRI would show signs of swelling at 9-10 days if monitored. No signs, continue playing and monitor daily for the remaining 21 days.

I wonder if Dr. Ackerman was consulted on this vs putting all Trust in the Penn State Dr. who scared the hell out of the B1G, then admitted he compared the open ended European Study with wide age range vs the Dr. Ackerman report.

Great so it will be some LB converted to QB who will throw for 250 yards and 3 TDs against us.
It will likely be Gary Godsey ND like (must be a TE). I feel for Graham Mertz and backup and hope for a full recovery. As for WI, welcome to our world of last year. I believe they will be down to 4th string QB this weekend.
Local Sports talk show has one of the guys that covers their games. He said he has some elgibility left and may have to come out the booth...j/k of course, but it is dire in Madison.
21 days is too long.

Looks like it will be Danny Vanden Boom. 3* redshirt junior from Wisconsin. Looks to have had a decent high school career. Interesting...

Will be interesting to find out how many more players will come back positive in the next week and if they will need to forfeit games. Guessing there was some sort of party after the game on Friday night that players were at and got infected. Campus has been trending downward the past few weeks, only 20 cases per day vs. 140 cases per day a month ago. However, there has been some rumors that since UW is not an entity controlled by the county health department (it is controlled by the state, not local gov't), the athletic program results are not being shared with the county.

Mertz's backup, Chase Wolf, has also tested positive.. They will be deep into their QB depth chart for Purdue...
We were 4 deep into our QBs last year and still had reasonable results although Aidan is not your everyday 4th string.

ADVERTISEMENT