ADVERTISEMENT

Winston Berglund

Would love the Stu comparison to come true.
This does make a Good Friday Great!!! Noticed that there is another Carmel player that Winston may be able to help land at Purdue.

Last edited:
Reactions: purduepat1969
I remember when Stu was being recruited. It was a pretty big deal here and on Steve’s Gridiron forum. Good times. Stuuuuu

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
This does make a Good Friday Great!!! Noticed that there is another Carmel player that Winston may be able to help land at Purdue.
I get the comparison. But Stu was a free safety. Crazy range. Easily the best free safety Purdue has had since that time...

Not like Stu from everything that’s said. More like Graham. Stu was Graham’s size and could do anything Graham could do while also playing centerfield deep. Where as you can watch Graham’s freshman year and see why he got moved to that 5th guy in a 4-2-5 role.

Would he be a DT or OT at 6’6”?
Check his speed first. With those edge instincts, I’d rather him be 265-275 if his motor is good enough. Making diving tackles before RB’s hit the edge and break for long gains is a difference maker. A good bull rush like George Karlaftis can be disruptive as well. If he doesn’t have that kind of motor, then OT. Matt Light was a TE coming in not DE, but did quite well for himself. Not sure what Kelly Butler was like coming in. If I recall correctly, he was ready to go without a position change.
If Mark Hagen is recruiting him, I suspect he stays on Defense, and coach Hagen is sharing a vision that should serve him well.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
His older sister just announced she's transferring from South Carolina to finish her swim career at Purdue.

He's been doing a great job recruiting for us

ADVERTISEMENT