ADVERTISEMENT

Win total

Chi-Boiler

All-American
May 8, 2010
7.5 Have to pay a little more for the under. I expected it at 7 even.

Also, one of my regular bettors, a big IU/Colts fan, asked me to get our service to give odds on Aidan to win the Heisman. They put it up at +12500.

Purdue is +2500 to win the B1G. Tied for 8th with Sparty.

My initial thoughts without looking at returning starters and free agent acquisitions”
PSU (25%W)
IN St (99%W)
@Syr (70% W)
FAU (75% W)
@MN (35% W)
@MD (60% W)
NE (50% W)
@WI (25% W)
IA (50% W)
@ILL (75% W)
NW (80% W)
@IU (80% W)
Total (725%)

Yes, I probably have some opponents we historically struggle against (MN, WI, PSU) low and vice versa on opponents we have success against (IU, IL, IA) higher than some might expect.

I think NE will be better based on high # of ret starters (just what I recall from last season).

i think if we are healthy and D Line/pass rush performs well, we could get 9-10 wins, but losing Bell and Karlaftis would seem big.

Last edited:
My initial thoughts without looking at returning starters and free agent acquisitions”
PSU (25%W)
IN St (99%W)
@Syr (70% W)
FAU (75% W)
@MN (35% W)
@MD (60% W)
NE (50% W)
@WI (25% W)
IA (50% W)
@ILL (75% W)
NW (80% W)
@IU (80% W)
Total (725%)

Yes, I probably have some opponents we historically struggle against (MN, WI, PSU) low and vice versa on opponents we have success against (IU, IL, IA) higher than some might expect.

I think NE will be better based on high # of ret starters (just what I recall from last season).

i think if we are healthy and D Line/pass rush performs well, we could get 9-10 wins, but losing Bell and Karlaftis would seem big.
Maryland % is too high. They might hang 40+ on our defense. Say 40% for that game. I'd set Wisconsin no higher than 10% based on the 15 game streak alone. If IU doesn't completely suck they have a 50% chance at home. NW is another 50% game at this point - Fitz teams generally don't have consecutive down seasons.

O/U of 7.5 seems about right. This defense just cannot be trusted much beyond that at this point.

Maryland % is too high. They might hang 40+ on our defense. Say 40% for that game. I'd set Wisconsin no higher than 10% based on the 15 game streak alone. If IU doesn't completely suck they have a 50% chance at home. NW is another 50% game at this point - Fitz teams generally don't have consecutive down seasons.

O/U of 7.5 seems about right. This defense just cannot be trusted much beyond that at this point.
Defense was pretty trustworthy last year and returns tons of production.

Reactions: pboiler18
Defense was pretty trustworthy last year and returns tons of production.
If you believe in this defense then this is a 9 or 10 win team with the schedule. We've got no proven pass rush. Nobody who could get to the QB while GK was drawing the attention of half the OL.

• Love
Reactions: BCfanatic2020
If you believe in this defense then this is a 9 or 10 win team with the schedule. We've got no proven pass rush. Nobody who could get to the QB while GK was drawing the attention of half the OL.
I trust in Hagen to develop and the aggressive scheme to aid the pass rush

Reactions: Tommaker

My total % adds up to 7 1/4 wins. If MD, WI and IU are all a lower %, then we will need to win a bunch of 50-50 games or other games would need to have a higher % to get to seven games.

we got sacks when GK was sitting out the bowl game. GK wasn't a sack man in college and won't be in the NFL either. But he will be a solid DL in the NFL stopping the run and establishing the edge. He cannot get around dual blockers but they cannot move him out of the way either.

ADVERTISEMENT