ADVERTISEMENT

Win in the mud over Indiana

illiniboiler

All-American
Jun 26, 2001
Probably as turgid a game that I've seen in a long time. Perhaps it was the great D both teams played and the intense atmosphere. Of course I root for the Boilers but hard to be against former Purdue player Moren, the Indiana coach. Indiana shot much better which kept them in the game, but Purdue had a significant free throw advantage which made the difference in the close final score.
Down one with :28, Versyp went to McLaughlin who hit a driving layup, then, after an Indiana miss, 2 sealing FTs. She is a money player. Good play from the frosh Traylor. Neither Harris or Oden played well. Still, 5-2 and near the top of the conference. Two tough road games up though. Not sure how this team can hold up with basically 5 players dominating the minutes as has been said.

Probably as turgid a game that I've seen in a long time. Perhaps it was the great D both teams played and the intense atmosphere. Of course I root for the Boilers but hard to be against former Purdue player Moren, the Indiana coach. Indiana shot much better which kept them in the game, but Purdue had a significant free throw advantage which made the difference in the close final score.
Down one with :28, Versyp went to McLaughlin who hit a driving layup, then, after an Indiana miss, 2 sealing FTs. She is a money player. Good play from the frosh Traylor. Neither Harris or Oden played well. Still, 5-2 and near the top of the conference. Two tough road games up though. Not sure how this team can hold up with basically 5 players dominating the minutes as has been said.
Versyp and her crew seem to be able to come through with those last minute heroics (save for the disappointing double OT loss to a ranked and very good South Carolina team.)

I had a terrible time trying to stream this on BTN2Go which is unusual for me. Only got to see about half the game. But yeah, the play looked pretty rough.

From the box score I see Harris again had 3 blocks and freshman Kayana Traylor was high scorer with 15. Most of the usuals had poor offensive games, especially Oden and Harris. Yet they found a way to win. The bench scored 5.

Last edited:
Reactions: kmot
The only reason I keep BTN 2 go is because I want to watch the games. The reception continually goes wavy then clear and back and forth the whole game all season. And they just jump short parts of the game. I think I missed 3 or 4 scores. And today for some reason, the sound started having double voices and that is the way the game ended. I watched the last 2 minutes in silence because I could not stand to or even hear what the announcer was saying. At the end of the season, they have a chat forum and I intend to tell them to get it together. I think it was better last year?

Reactions: DocRon
The only reason I keep BTN 2 go is because I want to watch the games. The reception continually goes wavy then clear and back and forth the whole game all season. And they just jump short parts of the game. I think I missed 3 or 4 scores. And today for some reason, the sound started having double voices and that is the way the game ended. I watched the last 2 minutes in silence because I could not stand to or even hear what the announcer was saying. At the end of the season, they have a chat forum and I intend to tell them to get it together. I think it was better last year?
I agree. I don't know what I would do without BTN2GO for both WBB and VB but it sure is frustrating at times.

I had planned on attending but the travel conditions from Chicago were not favorable. :-(

Reactions: DocRon
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT