ADVERTISEMENT

Williams vs Swanigan

purduepat1969

All-American
Sep 28, 2011
I think we need to stop comparing Williams to Swanigan. Williams is Williams. The only thing really similar about the two are their body types. Williams is a natural post up player under the basket and is a tremendous passer and rebounder. Swanigan shot the ball well from mid-range, wasn't a great passer, but was also a good rebounder. However, Swanigan wasn't as natural a back to the basket post up player like Williams. And Williams hasn't as of yet shown a mid-range shot like Swanigan. Just my two cents.

Reactions: Schnelk
I think we need to stop comparing Williams to Swanigan. Williams is Williams. The only thing really similar about the two are their body types. Williams is a natural post up player under the basket and is a tremendous passer and rebounder. Swanigan shot the ball well from mid-range, wasn't a great passer, but was also a good rebounder. However, Swanigan wasn't as natural a back to the basket post up player like Williams. And Williams hasn't as of yet shown a mid-range shot like Swanigan. Just my two cents.

And yet you post the opposite in your heading ....comparing the two....

Swanigan could play all day without taking a break which Williams clearly can't do at least to this point.

I think that they have a lot of similarities. There are some clear differences, but there always will be differences in any player comparison.

Reactions: guppy likes purdue

They have similar body types
They play the same position
They are elite rebounders
I think it’s a fair comp.

In fact, one of the reasons tre wanted to come here was because he saw what swanigan did...so he must see the comparison also

Reactions: guppy likes purdue
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT