ADVERTISEMENT

Willard post game interview

Mar 28, 2022

Smart coach - he described their game plan:

"I hate to say it - we did what Penn State did to us. You know, we wanted to get Loyer into some one-on-one guards. Keep Edey down there, because Edey was doing such a great job on our pick and rolls. He was clogging everything up. Just chuck him on the baseline and kind of make him irrelevant. And really attack their two freshmen guards on post ups."

The time between this game and March Madness will be the most intriguing part of the season to see how we address this.

Reactions: drewjin
I really wanted Painter to take Loyer out of the game the last 4 mins MD kept isoing loyer. Brandon, Braden, and Morton. It's not like loyer was bringing much on the offensive end that night. I know we had a low end chance at best to win that game, but letting them back down loyer and score easy buckets wasn't the way to try and get stops.

I really wanted Painter to take Loyer out of the game the last 4 mins MD kept isoing loyer. Brandon, Braden, and Morton. It's not like loyer was bringing much on the offensive end that night. I know we had a low end chance at best to win that game, but letting them back down loyer and score easy buckets wasn't the way to try and get stops.
Agree - I kept watching the offense and they were fleeing Loyer's side of the floor like rats jumping off a ship.

Why couldn’t Painter see this and make adjustments. I have been stressing the need for bigger , stronger and more experienced guards - Jenkins and Newman for weeks. Loyer will be fine just not 30+ minutes a game

• Wow
Reactions: PhantomGold
I don't come often to other boards to post, but i do read a lot.

I just wanted to say MD fans really respect and like Painter. He's a great coach, no one has a bad word to say about him. We respect Izzo, but we do give him crap for his constant whining to refs.

The refs some games swallow the whistle in the B1G and just "let them play" I am not a fan of that, but I am not a fan of the ACC games where we'd get 20 fouls in the second half vs. Duke.

I think the NCAAT calls a much tighter game, not sure how we'll do but good luck to you, wife is a Purdue alum so it's pretty fun at our house at times.

Every coach makes mistakes we know that, but Paint is class all the way and a great coach. Just hope people here appreciate that.

I don't come often to other boards to post, but i do read a lot.

I just wanted to say MD fans really respect and like Painter. He's a great coach, no one has a bad word to say about him. We respect Izzo, but we do give him crap for his constant whining to refs.

The refs some games swallow the whistle in the B1G and just "let them play" I am not a fan of that, but I am not a fan of the ACC games where we'd get 20 fouls in the second half vs. Duke.

I think the NCAAT calls a much tighter game, not sure how we'll do but good luck to you, wife is a Purdue alum so it's pretty fun at our house at times.

Every coach makes mistakes we know that, but Paint is class all the way and a great coach. Just hope people here appreciate that.
hey, do you ever visit Fell's Point? love going down there and of course OC, MD

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT