ADVERTISEMENT

Will we know more tomorrow about D.C.?

There always is pressure to produce. There was this year. There will be next. And the following

There are no excuses. Never have been. Not sure why that keeps appearing here. (Well, yes, I am.)
I, for one, am demanding wins next season. Or else. Not settling for anything less.

Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death.
It's been 8 days now since the original tomorrow post, so good time to repeat this.

There always is pressure to produce. There was this year. There will be next. And the following

There are no excuses. Never have been. Not sure why that keeps appearing here. (Well, yes, I am.)
"The past 2 seasons have been surreal, and throwaway at best.". Sorry, but that's an excuse. Every team was in the same boat this year. So how was this year a "throw away" season? I can understand the injury issues in 2019. But this year, the product on the field was just bad, especially at the end of the season. The team looked ill-prepared and unmotivated. And that's on the coach, no one else...

"The past 2 seasons have been surreal, and throwaway at best.". Sorry, but that's an excuse. Every team was in the same boat this year. So how was this year a "throw away" season? I can understand the injury issues in 2019. But this year, the product on the field was just bad, especially at the end of the season. The team looked ill-prepared and unmotivated. And that's on the coach, no one else...

No, it's not an excuse. It's reality. Stop with the "excuse" b.s. Every time someone offers an evaluation that destroys the narrative of the Brohm-haters, it's labeled "excuses".

Enough.

We're playing a season, we're not playing a season. Players are opting out, they're not opting out. We have shortened season, but ... oops, one team has COVID. Sorry, no game. The Bucket game is on, the Bucket game is off. Oops, it's on again. Oh, no... it's off again.

Teams have to play "X" number of games... oh, well, we're going to edit the rules.

We have teams with losing records invited to bowl games, just to fill out the teams.

Oh, yes... it's a perfectly normal season.

WTH??

No, it's not an excuse. It's reality. Stop with the "excuse" b.s. Every time someone offers an evaluation that destroys the narrative of the Brohm-haters, it's labeled "excuses".

Enough.

We're playing a season, we're not playing a season. Players are opting out, they're not opting out. We have shortened season, but ... oops, one team has COVID. Sorry, no game. The Bucket game is on, the Bucket game is off. Oops, it's on again. Oh, no... it's off again.

Teams have to play "X" number of games... oh, well, we're going to edit the rules.

We have teams with losing records invited to bowl games, just to fill out the teams.

WTH??
The team lost 4 straight games, including the last two in an embarrassing fashion. But that's all OK because of COVID. Got it...

Reactions: Boiler8285
The scoreboard says they lost 4 in a row. Northwestern, Minny, Rutgers, and Nebraska. I didn't like the call against Minny, but it was a loss...
Only if you accept it as such. My mind says it was a victory. Only the record books will dispute it, so might as well lock it in as a win.

Out comes the straw man.

Clearly, my points struck a nerve.
You're talking in circles. You say no excuses. Then you use COVID as an excuse. So which is it? I'm not advocating for Brohm to be fired this year. But if you can't accept that he's on the hot seat and that his coaching performance this year was poor at best, I'm not sure we're gonna see common ground.

You're talking in circles. You say no excuses. Then you use COVID as an excuse. So which is it? I'm not advocating for Brohm to be fired this year. But if you can't accept that he's on the hot seat and that his coaching performance this year was poor at best, I'm not sure we're gonna see common ground.

No. You're thinking in circles.

Discussion does not equate to excuses. (Maybe in your mind, but not in reality.)

It's not about what I accept. What I (or you, or others) accept or do not accept is irrelevant.

Not sure why you're so adamant about not finding common ground.

Maybe another straw man would help? ;)

Enough.

WTH??
Another thing to add to your point is that we have no idea what access the players had over the off-season to work out. Several states were and are totally shut down, if a player were home in one of those states they were out of luck. And if the fact that Michigan, MSU, PSU, and Wisconsin all had poor seasons doesn't tell you that something was wrong, I don't know what to tell you.

Sorry, I wasn't more clear. If a DC comes in, does well, and spring boards to something bigger, that is fine with me. From the applicant's perspective, that is best case scenario. But worst case, and arguably the more likely scenario, is they are fired within 1-2 years like the last 2 guys. Now they are out on the street looking for a new job with a fresh stain on the resume. When you are contemplating a career move these are things you have to weigh. I've declined promotions in my career due to the perceived volatility of the offered position. Bird in the hand and all.. But football coaches tend to bet on themselves, perhaps to a fault, and be more risk tolerant than the average person, so who knows how this job is being perceived by the candidate pool. All it takes is one guy who is convinced he can turn it around and make his mark in a premier conference.

Being fired in 2 years is the norm in college football

ADVERTISEMENT