ADVERTISEMENT

WILL PURDUE WIN EVEN ONE GAME?

After an 0 for 3 start, if Purdue could win 3 or 4 of it's remaining games, as some are suggesting, that would be quite a turnaround. A win over BC would certainly be a great morale boost for the players!

Purdue should beat Illinois, decent shot at a bad Nebraska team, possibly Minnesota, that's probably about it.

IU will not lose to a bad Purdue team this year in Bloomington, particularly after last year's embarrassing loss to you people.

I'd go on record and say you people might win 3 games at this rate. Just a really putrid season that Brohm's delivering.

Reactions: Bill4411
Purdue should beat Illinois, decent shot at a bad Nebraska team, possibly Minnesota, that's probably about it.

IU will not lose to a bad Purdue team this year in Bloomington, particularly after last year's embarrassing loss to you people.

I'd go on record and say you people might win 3 games at this rate. Just a really putrid season that Brohm's delivering.

You should go look at Purdue's recruiting under Brohm. For the 3-4 years that he'll be in West Lafayette (because he'll be snapped up by a blue blood program before he's done), he's going to build some really nice teams.

I assume you're an IU fan. Enjoy this year, because this is your best chance to beat Purdue. You won't come close again in JB's tenure.

You should go look at Purdue's recruiting under Brohm. For the 3-4 years that he'll be in West Lafayette (because he'll be snapped up by a blue blood program before he's done), he's going to build some really nice teams.

I assume you're an IU fan. Enjoy this year, because this is your best chance to beat Purdue. You won't come close again in JB's tenure.
Purdue will have a great problem with Indiana going forward. Indiana finally committed resources to its program, they finally care!!

Reactions: Bill4411
Purdue will have a great problem with Indiana going forward. Indiana finally committed resources to its program, they finally care!!

LOL, if you say so. No matter what your football program will always be a distant second in the minds of your own fanbase; if Allen's any good he'll figure that out shortly and bail for any other job he can get.

Boston College will be a tough game to win. Not sure I am buying there 23rd ranking however but we will see. Looking at the rest of the schedule I see 4 very winnable games and a few others (Boston College and Nebraska) that we have a possibility of pulling an upset. For now, keeping my hopes in check (pretty easy to do now), I will say we will be 4 and 8 with wins over Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, and of course IU. Not exactly the season I was hoping for but there are going to be growing pains.

Reactions: bmanning2000
0-3 as of now. Brohm will turn this ship around! The future still looks bright and our defense is young and inexperienced. I think we had a feeling if we were close we would lose close games. These games will start to turn in our favor and shows how close we are to being 3-0. Trust Brohm!

Reactions: ITSC-Ret
PU should be competitive against BC, Minny, Illinois, Iowa, and Indiana. Could win all 5 and lose all 5. My guess is losses to BC, Iowa and IU with wins against the other two.

Embarrassing loss? Purdue was favored in that game haha.

Putrid? You guys know all about putrid. Even with an 0-3 start, Brohm has a hell of a class that can get even better. Still hoping for David Bell? Lol

PU should be competitive against BC, Minny, Illinois, Iowa, and Indiana. Could win all 5 and lose all 5. My guess is losses to BC, Iowa and IU with wins against the other two.

good level headed post. I mostly agree, but I think Purdue finds a way to win 3 games this year. Maybe knocks off someone they shouldn't.

Hahahaha.

So let me ask you this question: are you trying to tell us Purdue truly cared about their football program before 2 years ago? When Tiller begged for better pay for assistant pay and resources but was turned down? I agree IU hasn’t cared about football but Purdue is in the same boat so don’t act like IU is significantly different in that regard.

Reactions: delarno

Make your mind up drama queen, as some on the IU forum have called you. You’ve made countless posts on the IU forum that you can’t wait for Brohm to leave Purdue and come home to UL. You don’t want Brohm to build anything at Purdue but hopes he builds your other favorite program (UL) into a championship level program.

Unfortunately we’re seeing the results of Hazel’s 4 straight years of last place recruiting ranked classes, but any fool can see Purdue has also committed a lot of resources to winning and Brohm is building hope and a vision for Purdue.

Now it’s your turn to regurgitate “the rumors around Louisville” that Brohm will replace Petrino at the end of the year.

Reactions: Purdue85
Make your mind up drama queen, as some on the IU forum have called you. You’ve made countless posts on the IU forum that you can’t wait for Brohm to leave Purdue and come home to UL. You don’t want Brohm to build anything at Purdue but hopes he builds your other favorite program (UL) into a championship level program.

Unfortunately we’re seeing the results of Hazel’s 4 straight years of last place recruiting ranked classes, but any fool can see Purdue has also committed a lot of resources to winning and Brohm is building hope and a vision for Purdue.

Now it’s your turn to regurgitate “the rumors around Louisville” that Brohm will replace Petrino at the end of the year.
I think this years record will be similar to the 3-9 season msu had a couple of years back.

He is one of the village idiots on the iu board along with courtsense and jimmygoiu or something. Claims he’s a lawyer and can barely type a coherent sentence.
Best to ignore him or laugh at his stupidity

Reactions: SteveInSeattle
He is one of the village idiots on the iu board along with courtsense and jimmygoiu or something. Claims he’s a lawyer and can barely type a coherent sentence.
Best to ignore him or laugh at his stupidity

I thought someone told me @td75 played football at Ball State. His big argument is that IU has never invested in football and now that they are, Purdue is in trouble. Which is funny because Purdue didn't really invest in football until they hired Brohm. TD is convinced that IU should always out-recruit Purdue in football which is laughable.

Reactions: Purdue85
I thought someone told me @td75 played football at Ball State. His big argument is that IU has never invested in football and now that they are, Purdue is in trouble. Which is funny because Purdue didn't really invest in football until they hired Brohm. TD is convinced that IU should always out-recruit Purdue in football which is laughable.

Well he probably claims that too

If I were a Boiler, I would run and hide. I predict IU wins the next 6 or so. If we would have kept Bill Mallory around, we would probably have been within a few seasons of closing the win gap.

Holy cow. IU football fans are even more delusional than Missouri hoops fans. This is entertaining. Your mods allow this kind of thing?

(Full disclosure: I'm a dual alum of Illinois and Purdue and grew up in Missouri. I spend most of my time on the Illini premium board; dumping on Miznoz and Indiana are things every red blooded American should do).

Ru
If I were a Boiler, I would run and hide. I predict IU wins the next 6 or so. If we would have kept Bill Mallory around, we would probably have been within a few seasons of closing the win gap.
Run and hide from what? We are going to limp our way through this year, let the team get a year older, and bring in a top 30 class. Not to worried about iu.

ADVERTISEMENT