ADVERTISEMENT

Will Painter's recruiting ever get better/consistent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It must be depressing being you. I read the first 3 paragraphs of whining and had to stop. I tried to scroll down to the next post and it took me almost 20 minutes. Change your name to Wolstoy.
You know, I solved that problem for myself a year or so ago...

you may not have noticed, but I didn't feel compelled to post until I was forced to read through your 2 pages of immature posts of you're a troll; am not; are too; am not; yes you are; no I'm not !

And then you criticize my post and also harass me and call me names?

I guess if that's all you can do, and you feel good dissing people and calling others names, then I say, so be it.
Wow you are really hurt by people calling you names on the internet. I've been nothing but nice to you but seriously man, get thicker skin because all you're doing right now is adding fuel to the fire.

(preface: I am ballbasket, but got banned for "rules violations." Not sure why lol).

I obviously meant biggie, i know carsen is boogie. not sure if I just mistyped on my phone or if it autocorrected and i didn't catch it...my apologies.
I could accept this if you hadn't done it in two different posts. More than once you mentioned Carsen and Boogie together as if they were different people. Can't blame that on your phone.

Reactions: BBG and Purdue85
HAARMS
Aaron Wheeler
Nojel Eastern
Emmanuel Dowuonna
Trevion Williams

Those players all possess NBA caliber athleticism + size packages.

Watching those players develop over the course of multiple years:

1. Their offensive skill packages as far as dribbling shooting
2. Continually improving and molding their bodies into NBA shape
3. Their in game abilities as far as defending the PnR, making the correct PnR reads on offense, making the correct basketball play

Again, Im not sure recruiting is a problem. Those are some really intriguing prospects to develop with really high ceilings.

Carsen Edwards is univerally regarded as the absolute best player in college basketball entering the season and is considered a lock to be drafted into the NBA as well.

Eric Hunter, Sasha, Cline all 4 year players that will contribute.

I don't know if the OP is a troll or not, but I tend to agree with him somewhat on this subject. I think we are the same tier program as schools like MSU, Michigan, IU, and OSU. We could/should recruit like them as well.

I'm not saying we should be getting multiple 5* recruits every year. I think we could pull in players ranked 50-100 consistently as well as the occasional 5*, or the occasional player 100+. Right now we are living in the 100-150 zone, with the occasional player in the 75-100 zone. CMP is great at identifying talent early and offering. We just aren't able to close the deal.

I agree with @tjreese when he says the head coach isn't the only factor in getting a recruit. We need our assistant coaches to be excellent recruiters as well. Brantley has good enough results to warrant a spot on the staff. Lutz and Gary don't do a great job on the recruiting trail IMO.

I also think we need a "Midnight Madness" type event. Recruits love that type of event, and it gives them a chance to see the fan base in action.

CMP is able to get great results with less talent. I believe with a little better talent, we could be title contenders year in and year out. However, these are just my opinions.
They think I'm you on the paid board under a secret account. Congrats for being intelligent, nuanced and wanting Purdue Basketball to be better.

Reactions: BoilerIron
For every player CMP gets, divide his ranking in half and give them a extra star and that is how they will end up. Oh, and I am right, and you are wrong if you disagree, and that's about all there is to it.

For every player CMP gets, divide his ranking in half and give them a extra star and that is how they will end up. Oh, and I am right, and you are wrong if you disagree, and that's about all there is to it.

What about the scholarship guys that don't pan out or are just kind of average? I'm just being real with you.

Don't you know realistic = troll
Nah, you're a troll because you've constantly trashed Purdue in recent days and become arguably, and this is very hard to do considering the competition, the worst poster on GBI. You said Painter's success on the court has been mediocre, yet he has the best conference record the last 4 years. You took shots at PJ Thompson for no reason and said he had "next to no talent" ... Those comments are the very definition of a troll. You are a trash poster.

Nah, you're a troll because you've constantly trashed Purdue in recent days and become arguably, and this is very hard to do considering the competition, the worst poster on GBI. You said Painter's success on the court has been mediocre, yet he has the best conference record the last 4 years. You took shots at PJ Thompson for no reason and said he had "next to no talent" ... Those comments are the very definition of a troll. You are a trash poster.

I fear Painter has peaked at a big ten title once a decade and sweet 16 ceiling. That is mediocre to me. Sorry you so easily accept such mediocrity in your life. PJ has very little talent. You and I can’t even have a conversation since you try to argue against that point. If painter landed more talent surrounding the gems he found we would have probably broken through the mediocrity. Therefore, painter needs to become a better recruiter. Meaning, he needs to land his primary targets which he spends substantial time and resources recruiting. Newman, Franklin, Gillis, brooks, Timme, Hall, TJD all qualify here. He’s landed one so far. Imo he needs to land 3 to begin the process of getting us to the next level. And then replicate that success in recruiting a couple years in a row. I’m so sorry I hurt your delicate feelings having any criticism toward painter or PJ.

By the way, there can’t be a bigger compliment than you calling me trash. Means I’m doing it right. Go back to your favorite posts...
OT: Dog walking down the street in brownsburg

Reactions: nagemj02
I fear Painter has peaked at a big ten title once a decade and sweet 16 ceiling. That is mediocre to me.
If true, then you will have to be realistic and learn to deal with your fear. You saw the Buell story I assume. Unless this is important enough to you to counter with a bigger endowment, you'll just be spending your time whining in the wind.

Reactions: BBG
If true, then you will have to be realistic and learn to deal with your fear. You saw the Buell story I assume. Unless this is important enough to you to counter with a bigger endowment, you'll just be spending your time whining in the wind.
You geniuses always make these nonsensical leaps. Where or when did I say I wanted Painter fired? I want him to improve. Stop putting words in my mouth.

Reactions: nagemj02
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT