ADVERTISEMENT

Will Heldt

An appropriate name for a Purdue DE.
Hopefully he draws a few more holding flags than GK.

I like the fact several of our latest commitments took a visit with us and then visited our rival and made the decision to commit to us! In the past if one our recruits visited somebody else, they signed elsewhere!

Once again, I will not belabor the point, but Coach Brohm needs to find some green backs for Coach Hagen. Otherwise, you can color him gone after this year. The man has all the credentials to be a legitimate DC or a head coach elsewhere! Use him or lose him!

Once again, I will not belabor the point, but Coach Brohm needs to find some green backs for Coach Hagen. Otherwise, you can color him gone after this year. The man has all the credentials to be a legitimate DC or a head coach elsewhere! Use him or lose him!
Off to a good start. 6 defensive commits in top 1,000, we only had 4 last year, 2 in 2021, 4 in 2020, and 6 in 2019 (which included GK and grant). We have a decent safety visiting this weekend who could commit and the first weekend we had 2 other top 1,000 defensive visitors. I suspect one of the 2 verballed as it has been reported 3 did that weekend including Owen Davis (assume Thieneman was the third). Third might have been Heldt and just waited to make it public until after his scheduled Iowa visit. This could shape up to be our best defensive class we have ever had.

awesome!

I’m glad I blocked Wolegib so I don’t have to hear about him whining we over stock at DL and don’t prioritize OL.
sorry dude, somebody else also brought up the same issue. are you going to block the entire board because they disagree with your thoughts? I wasn't whining. I just stated observations. Both brohm and hazell have recruited heavily at certain positions in the past. my comment was also in response to a person who made the comment that our recruiting class may be only 15-18 players, and my response was i would caution with a small class not to recruit too many athletes at the same position, because at the time it appeared Purdue was recruiting several other quality defensive linemen as well. Including Gilbert and Mickens.

In a small recruiting class, how many defensive linemen should you recruit at the expense of other positions? My thoughts are it would be a lot different if this class were 25+. But at around the size of 15, you must be careful not to over recruit one position.

I'm curious, if you blocked me, how did you know what my comment was? You obviously didn't understand it. Are you one of those people who publicly disses somebody, but then secretly reads their posts so you can argue and continue to diss them?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: pboiler18
Off to a good start. 6 defensive commits in top 1,000, we only had 4 last year, 2 in 2021, 4 in 2020, and 6 in 2019 (which included GK and grant). We have a decent safety visiting this weekend who could commit and the first weekend we had 2 other top 1,000 defensive visitors. I suspect one of the 2 verballed as it has been reported 3 did that weekend including Owen Davis (assume Thieneman was the third). Third might have been Heldt and just waited to make it public until after his scheduled Iowa visit. This could shape up to be our best defensive class we have ever had.
If we get Mickens watch out.

If we get Mickens watch out.
Yes!!! Has Mickens visited? Wonder how many more commitable offers we have out to DLs now. And would think Kendrick Gilbert could be another DL commitment as he is further along in his visits. Also Wouldn’t be surprised if we heard from Aycen Stevens soon, he releases his top 4 in April and just completed his official visits to all 4.

If he hasn’t been a dc to this point, I wouldn’t worry about it

Yes!!! Has Mickens visited? Wonder how many more commitable offers we have out to DLs now. And would think Kendrick Gilbert could be another DL commitment as he is further along in his visits. Also Wouldn’t be surprised if we heard from Aycen Stevens soon, he releases his top 4 in April and just completed his official visits to all 4.
Thought I heard he had a visit planned but then had to reschedule.

ADVERTISEMENT