ADVERTISEMENT

Why?

Because they're cowards. Claim Drumpf is completely exonerated but won't let the taxypayers or even just congressmen(women) see the report. What are they trying to hide?

if there is trump corporate info in the report,
some things might get sticky
like asset valuations for taxation vs loans

Reactions: miksta
NO COLLUSION?!?!?!...shit...we need another fake story.

Wasn't George Stephanopoulos from Chicago?
Isn't George Stephanopoulos a Trump supporter?
Isn't Chicago Obama Country?
Didn't George spend jail time for being accused of lying to the FBI about getting a DATE WRONG?
This stuff never ends.

A generous interpretation might be that they don’t want to burn any sources used to conduct this investigation by making them public

Because it is political theater. It doesn't matter at all.

Read the Barr memo. It outlines the process in detail citing specific leagl standards and laws. You are never going to see the "full report" as it will obviously contain material that is classified or illegal to make public.

Read the Barr memo. It outlines the process in detail citing specific leagl standards and laws. You are never going to see the "full report" as it will obviously contain material that is classified or illegal to make public.
Of course it matters.......when the only version we're getting is from a trump appointee who is on record opposing any kind of obstruction charge against the president.

It's laughable seeing a Trump supporter dismissing an issue because it's political theatre. Trump is nothing BUT political theatre.

The Starr Report was submitted to Congress on Sept 9th, it was uploaded in its entirety to the internet on Sept 11th. That report was obviously damning to the President, but they gave it to the public anyway. This report, according to Barr's summary, is not damning to the President...so why is it being blocked?

The Starr Report was submitted to Congress on Sept 9th, it was uploaded in its entirety to the internet on Sept 11th. That report was obviously damning to the President, but they gave it to the public anyway. This report, according to Barr's summary, is not damning to the President...so why is it being blocked?

The Starr report is the reason you can't read the Mueller report. Reno's DOJ changed the rules (they expired from the original act in 1978) after the Starr report in 1999.

“We believe that information obtained during a criminal investigation should, in most all cases, be made public only if there is an indictment and prosecution, not in lengthy and detailed reports filed after a decision has been made not to prosecute,” Reno told Congress at the time. “The final report provides a forum for unfairly airing a target’s dirty laundry…. We have come to believe that the price of the final report is often too high.”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_prosecutor

Nothing is "being blocked". FYI, most folks do think as much of the report as possible will be released.

Last edited:
Reactions: TopSecretBoiler
Of course it matters.......when the only version we're getting is from a trump appointee who is on record opposing any kind of obstruction charge against the president.

It's laughable seeing a Trump supporter dismissing an issue because it's political theatre. Trump is nothing BUT political theatre.

Mueller is not a Trump appointee. #FAKENEWS

Well, all of this we will take Mueller's findings as fact, a decision, guilt or innocence went out the window really quick.

Why would MItch McConnell block resolution to allow Mueller's report to be released? Vote in House was 420-0 for release. Tax payers paid for, and should be able to see it, even if it has to be heavily redacted.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate...ion-calling-for-mueller-report-to-be-released

Well, I think Schumer is playing with words. The resolution gets passed, it does not get released immediately, and he would cry about that.

I find it funny here that others have said or linked articles in other threads that this was a counter intel operation, and are now wondering why the report is not released. LOL.

Another reason has to do with there are other inquiries going on about same topic but in regard to the other side. Who paid for what, who lied to FISA, etc. Releasing this report now would help people under scrutiny in that inquiry.

Anyway, I think it will all come out, mainly because Trump wants it to. He was all over the place tonight stating how he is going to or wants to release FISA warrants and what went on to get them. That gets released the rest of the report will follow.

Mueller is not a Trump appointee. #FAKENEWS

Well, all of this we will take Mueller's findings as fact, a decision, guilt or innocence went out the window really quick.
Perfect. A Trumper getting the facts wrong and then calling it fake news.
The Trump appointee who's giving us his version is Bob Barr, not Mueller. Your first clue should have been when I referenced how he went on the record saying the president couldn't be charged with obstruction.

When we see what Mueller really said.......as opposed to a four page Barr synopsis......then we can move on.

Reactions: Bill4411
Perfect. A Trumper getting the facts wrong and then calling it fake news.
The Trump appointee who's giving us his version is Bob Barr, not Mueller. Your first clue should have been when I referenced how he went on the record saying the president couldn't be charged with obstruction.

When we see what Mueller really said.......as opposed to a four page Barr synopsis......then we can move on.

What did I get wrong? Mueller said no more indictments. Mueller was not appointed by Trump. Nor did he fire him or tell him to stop investigation as the news outlets would have you believe.

You and others were on here saying all along that his report would be taken and accepted. To add to that many of you and a lot of Obama officials have spewed treason, conspiracy, etc. Nope.

They had been attacking him up until a few weeks ago, now backed off and said they had bad information. Now that Republican senators are starting to request hearings from them they are sweating it out.

None of what was claimed happened. Now it has turned into I want to read it and decide myself. Lol. But hey, my facts are wrong.

If some of you on here came out and said I am interested in why the Grand Jury is still in session, and that foreign CO A has ignored subpoena, and it was sent to US Attorney office, and you wanted to know what that was about, I would agree. Or pointed out that Mueller sent other issues to NY Feds that would be legit too. But no, Just a lot of crying.

I think people are genuinely puzzled - why are there so many investigations [most in New York but also in LA, Washington and Virginia] continuing if there is nothing to investigate? I did not think collusion could be proved as that is very difficult to prove beyond a reasonable doubt so that was not a surprise to me. What do people who are investigating know that has not been revealed? That and the Smollett case are genuinely difficult to understand because I do not know enough to make judgements.

I think people are genuinely puzzled - why are there so many investigations [most in New York but also in LA, Washington and Virginia] continuing if there is nothing to investigate? I did not think collusion could be proved as that is very difficult to prove beyond a reasonable doubt so that was not a surprise to me. What do people who are investigating know that has not been revealed? That and the Smollett case are genuinely difficult to understand because I do not know enough to make judgements.
"Not knowing enough to make judgments" may be the most accurate thing that anyone has been said to this point about the Mueller report as we know little of anything that Mueller actually said other than one quote possibly made by Mueller in Barr's 4 page analysis of the actual report. We kind of got the "Classics Illustrated" version so far:

1072493.jpg

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
Beth, all you have to do is read the report you linked

Here is the quote from McConnell

“But McConnell objecte, noting that Attorney General William Barr is working with Mueller to determine what in his report can be released publicly and what cannot.

"The special counsel and the Justice Department ought to be allowed to finish their work in a professional manner," McConnell said. "To date, the attorney general has followed through on his commitments to Congress. One of those commitments is that he intends to release as much information as possible."

Reactions: TwinDegrees2
I did read it after all I posted it. First off, why release anything until the entire report is ready except the fact that they, teams from Mueller and Barr, are reading it, redacting sensitive information, and will release it asap. Instead we have all this sound and fury with no real information so we can't judge any statements from media, Trump, congressmen, senators, etc, etc. That is what I am trying apparently not very well, to explain.

I did read it after all I posted it. First off, why release anything until the entire report is ready except the fact that they, teams from Mueller and Barr, are reading it, redacting sensitive information, and will release it asap. Instead we have all this sound and fury with no real information so we can't judge any statements from media, Trump, congressmen, senators, etc, etc. That is what I am trying apparently not very well, to explain.

Gotcha! Makes a lot of sense. After two years we have a lot of people who were certain that Mueller was going to lock up Trump and throw away the key. Of course they are now crying like a bunch on banshees.

Reactions: TwinDegrees2

A few thoughts-

-Mueller was a special counsel not an independent counsel. Laws were changed( by at least a democratic president) that the findings are not public. Asking for it to be public is grandstanding and everyone in DC knows it.

-By law witnesses and grand juries are protected. So parts of this report will not be released.

-As some have noted in another thread part of this is a counter intelligence operation. I think BuilderBob in another thread linked an article where a former Obama intel guy asked what happened to that counter intel operation. That is more grandstanding. Just nonsense. There are several items in a counter intelligence operation that will never be released.

The answer is nothing happened to that investigation. The FBI, CIA, DIA, NSA, military, treasury etc run those operations constantly, and the Obama intel person in that article knows that. They do not need permission from anyone to do it, it is their job, and their jobs are coordinated with one another and done.

Do I like Trump? No. Think it is a shame cause he has some good ideas. My question is I wonder why there were supposed lies about all of these meetings. They are allowed to meet with the people-it is not illegal. Flynn would have been allowed to talk about lessening sanctions, that is fine. Just seems the alleged lying caused more issues than anything.

A few thoughts-

-Mueller was a special counsel not an independent counsel. Laws were changed( by at least a democratic president) that the findings are not public. Asking for it to be public is grandstanding and everyone in DC knows it.

-By law witnesses and grand juries are protected. So parts of this report will not be released.

-As some have noted in another thread part of this is a counter intelligence operation. I think BuilderBob in another thread linked an article where a former Obama intel guy asked what happened to that counter intel operation. That is more grandstanding. Just nonsense. There are several items in a counter intelligence operation that will never be released.

The answer is nothing happened to that investigation. The FBI, CIA, DIA, NSA, military, treasury etc run those operations constantly, and the Obama intel person in that article knows that. They do not need permission from anyone to do it, it is their job, and their jobs are coordinated with one another and done.

Do I like Trump? No. Think it is a shame cause he has some good ideas. My question is I wonder why there were supposed lies about all of these meetings. They are allowed to meet with the people-it is not illegal. Flynn would have been allowed to talk about lessening sanctions, that is fine. Just seems the alleged lying caused more issues than anything.

Well would you look at that, the report is going to released by mid-April if not sooner.

Its almost like this was...political theater. Grandstanding, to borrow a phrase.

Grandstanding or pressure - difficult to say if it would have been released if there had not been pressure.

Are you serious?

Alas I am, as I am a complete skeptic about our government - basically think they are all or almost, all corrupt in one way or another. I don't trust anything they say till I check in every way possible. I really doubt if any of them put country before self/self interest. I see the greed that was an issue in the fall of Rome [The Fall of The Roman Empire] I see the corruption of individuals who do not believe or practice what they preach. I see the lies to keep them in power. Sorry for the rant.

Have to go back to basketball forum. Team needs me. LOL

Last edited:
A few thoughts-

Finally....commen sense.

Alas I am, as I am a complete skeptic about our government - basically think they are all or almost, all corrupt in one way or another. I don't trust anything they say till I check in every way possible. I really doubt if any of them put country before self/self interest. I see the greed that was an issue in the fall of Rome [The Fall of The Roman Empire] I see the corruption of individuals who do not believe or practice what they preach. I see the lies to keep them in power. Sorry for the rant.

Have to go back to basketball forum. Team needs me. LOL

Why is Mueller corrupt?

Why do you think Mueller's report isn't truthful?

What is Mueller hiding?

Why is Mueller corrupt?

What is Mueller hiding?
“Almost all”. I think Mueller is one of the rare ones plus I was talking about elected officials. I do not think Mueller is hiding information and I think his report is truthful. But Barr has perhaps chosen to report/slant report in ways that don’t completely and accurately reflect Mueller’s findings. My other thought is that the southern district of New York, to whom Mueller gave a lot of information, may eventually reveal unexpected findings from investigations based on that information

Reactions: 70boiler
Why is Mueller corrupt?

What is Mueller hiding?
Nice try. Actually it wasn't.
Have to see what he came up with before we know if he's hiding anything.

It appears the president is hiding his taxes, his grades, his conversations with Putin, his weight......Non disclosure agreements everywhere.

Why is Mueller corrupt?

What is Mueller hiding?
Does not matter what comes out. There will be only bad even if there is no bad. He has been in office over 2 years and done a good job. If they do not find anything, the 2020 election if over. There is not a person in Congress who does not try and reduce their tax liability. This is all about smearing Mr. Trump.

Nice try. Actually it wasn't.
Have to see what he came up with before we know if he's hiding anything.

It appears the president is hiding his taxes, his grades, his conversations with Putin, his weight......Non disclosure agreements everywhere.
It's really no one's business for a person to disclose their tax returns to their employer. That is between the IRS and the taxpayer.

I saw today that some people who were on the Mueller investigative team claim that Barr was evasive and did not reveal the full extent of the findings about Trump. May have been omission or distortion of findings???????

“Almost all”. I think Mueller is one of the rare ones plus I was talking about elected officials. I do not think Mueller is hiding information and I think his report is truthful. But Barr has perhaps chosen to report/slant report in ways that don’t completely and accurately reflect Mueller’s findings. My other thought is that the southern district of New York, to whom Mueller gave a lot of information, may eventually reveal unexpected findings from investigations based on that information

Sooo...you trust the guy who lied about WMDs in Iraq. He is "rare".

Interesting.

What do you know about Barr? Tell us why he is corrupt but Mueller isn't.

Did you know that they are working hand in hand to issue the final report?

Last edited:
Sooo...you trust the guy who lied about WMDs in Iraq. He is "rare".
Interesting.
What do you know about Barr? Tell us why he is corrupt but Mueller isn't.
Did you know that they are working hand in hand to issue the final report?

I think you misunderstood my post. Barr lied to Congress about the Iran Contra affair so I am less likely to believe him just on the basis of his previous behavior. I have not read or seen that "they" are "working hand in hand to issue the final report." Congress is subpoenaing Mueller report so prhaps we will learn more.

Not 100% sure who you mean by "they"???

Reactions: indy35
I think you misunderstood my post. Barr lied to Congress about the Iran Contra affair so I am less likely to believe him just on the basis of his previous behavior. I have not read or seen that "they" are "working hand in hand to issue the final report." Congress is subpoenaing Mueller report so prhaps we will learn more.

Not 100% sure who you mean by "they"???

Okay. Thanks for the input. You have answered a lot of questions.

Barr and Mueller are working together to decide what is released. If you don't understand that there is no point in continuing this discussion.

You are not being honest.

Last edited:
Barr and Mueller are working together to decide what is released. If you don't understand that there is no point in continuing this discussion.

You are not being honest.
Isn't that a kind of a silly comment? You have no more idea than anyone else what the input is for such a decision.
It may be -
1." Well Bob, I'm the AG and you're not, so this is what we are forwarding." OR
2. "Well Bob, you were the original author and did the actual investigation so we'll phrase it the way you want." OR
3. Something between those options.
Give me a break...

Last edited:
Isn't that a kind of a silly comment? You have no more idea than anyone else what the input is for such a decision.
It may be -
1." Well Bob, I'm the AG and you're not, so this is what we are forwarding." OR
2. "Well Bob, you were the original author and did the actual investigation so we'll phrase it the way you want." OR
3. Something between those options.
Give me a break...

Are you another conspiracy theorist?

Do you "trust no one" including the rule of law?

Do you think that Barr is going to release a report that contradicts the findings of the Mueller report and that Mueller will keep quite?

Give me a break indeed.....

Grow up. You know what you are doing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT