ADVERTISEMENT

Why I dislike tennessee

njm8845

Senior
Jul 1, 2008
1) a few years ago we played them in the paradise jam. I’ve never seen this board so flooded with trash. They were just very nasty.
2) they made cuonzo Martin feel uncomfortable because of his skin tone.
3) they think they’re a football powerhouse. Have to be one of the most delusional fan bases.

It never made any sense to me why brohm would want to coach there. They are currently very publicly finding out the true market value of their football program.

It looks like they have actually met with Dave Doeren and the same crew that ran off Schiano says it will cancel their season tickets if he is hired.

Facts are, they are YEARS off from being an elite program. The AD as a whole is a dumpster fire. The program itself went winless in conference and looks to be in shambles.

Why do they think elite coaches will be like ning up to leave their jobs to come there?

It looks like they have actually met with Dave Doeren and the same crew that ran off Schiano says it will cancel their season tickets if he is hired.

Facts are, they are YEARS off from being an elite program. The AD as a whole is a dumpster fire. The program itself went winless in conference and looks to be in shambles.

Why do they think elite coaches will be like ning up to leave their jobs to come there?
Are you serious Doeren and those fans? Doeren is likely one of the best 15 coaches in the country with what he did at NIU and then his rebuild at NCST.

To be fair Lane Kiffin contributed to the building of this dumpster with his previous actions.
But possibly explains why he left to go to USC in the first place. He may have thought UT was one thing and when he arrived and spent time there, realized it was another...which is why I don't believe he goes back unless he is assured some major changes occur (AD, Board, etc). Plus, they may have to throw Saban money at him to get him to come back...which would be a damn good play on his part. I find it hard to believe that he hasn't been contacted at all but that he may have thrown a HUGE dollar amount at them to see if they would take bait....so now he just sits back and watches and laughs until they come crawling back to him and he gets all his terms.

It is quite hilarious that UT fans are clamoring for Kiffin even though he is trolling the hell out of them on twitter. I know not all of them are, but there is definitely a lot of stupid going on down there.

Reactions: DannyGranger
But possibly explains why he left to go to USC in the first place. He may have thought UT was one thing and when he arrived and spent time there, realized it was another...which is why I don't believe he goes back unless he is assured some major changes occur (AD, Board, etc). Plus, they may have to throw Saban money at him to get him to come back...which would be a damn good play on his part. I find it hard to believe that he hasn't been contacted at all but that he may have thrown a HUGE dollar amount at them to see if they would take bait....so now he just sits back and watches and laughs until they come crawling back to him and he gets all his terms.
Doesn't matter who you get rid of you've still got the entire state of TN remaining. If you've never been in TN on a FB Saturday you have no idea of the rabid entitled insanity that exists.

So if they hated Schiano and Doeren, who do they like?

I know they wanted Gruden, but that always seemed like a fantasy. (And not even a very good fantasy - he's never been a HC in college and hasn't been a HC period in what... 15 years?)

I know they wanted Gruden, but that always seemed like a fantasy. (And not even a very good fantasy - he's never been a HC in college and hasn't been a HC period in what... 15 years?)

Folks there are rioting for Gruden still....but that has cooled off a bit. Well, considering it was only a pipedream it never really got warm.

For some reason, they really want Lane Kiffin. I don't get it...since he basically started them down this path of irrelevancy 8 years ago...but they would take him back in a heartbeat.

Ive seen that some fans would even be ok with bringing in Les Miles, with Tee Martin as the OC. Who knows. The whole issue stemmed from them thinking they were too good for Schiano and whipping up the Penn St. controversy again to get it stopped.

I really Tennessee a lot except for The University of Tennessee. I mean they have Jack Daniels and great fishing what's not to love about those 2 things.

Reactions: ahhculdee

Gruden is to UT as Stevens is to IU.

Reactions: Frankie611
I really Tennessee a lot except for The University of Tennessee. I mean they have Jack Daniels and great fishing what's not to love about those 2 things.
Love me the Smoky Mountains, Bristol Motor Speedway, Pal's cheddar rounds, etc. as a resident of Tennessee. It's not even UT that's the problem, it's the fans.

Folks there are rioting for Gruden still....but that has cooled off a bit. Well, considering it was only a pipedream it never really got warm.

For some reason, they really want Lane Kiffin. I don't get it...since he basically started them down this path of irrelevancy 8 years ago...but they would take him back in a heartbeat.

Ive seen that some fans would even be ok with bringing in Les Miles, with Tee Martin as the OC. Who knows. The whole issue stemmed from them thinking they were too good for Schiano and whipping up the Penn St. controversy again to get it stopped.

I think the obsession with Kiffin is sort of a little brother type of thing. Kiffin consistently pokes fun at Saban and seeing that UT constantly gets beaten down by Bama, they probably have some sort of fascination with the guy because of it. Kiffin would be a good fit at FSU, Okie State, Oregon, Maryland...places where they have a big donor and appear to be ‘trendy’ with his better than most Twitter game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT