ADVERTISEMENT

Why do people resist arrest?

Another black man killed by a cop because the guy resisted arrest and assaulted the officer.
When will people learn?
Oh yeh, and to no ones surprise, the guy had a lengthy rap sheet. Shocker.

Because of the history of cops beating confessions out of blacks when they get to the station for crimes they did not commit.

Cops kill more unarmed whites, right? Why are they getting killed by cops in such high numbers? The key word is unarmed.

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
Because of the history of cops beating confessions out of blacks when they get to the station for crimes they did not commit.

Cops kill more unarmed whites, right? Why are they getting killed by cops in such high numbers? The key word is unarmed.
No. The key word is "resisting". If a guy is fighting a cop, the cop has reason to fear for his life and has the right to protect himself.
Again, just another example of had they not resisted, they'd still be alive.

So, what you're saying is you'd rather be dead than beaten. Sure BNI. BTW, white cops aren't on the street to kill anyone. They'd rather not have to do anything....they're jobs would be so much easier.

Reactions: SKYDOG
It is not the 60's or 70's. Police are far less likely to engage in the excessive use of force today. What would really help is if people learned to behave. That would lower the temperature greatly.
What bubble are you living under? Wasn't it year ago or so ago when a black motorist, a US serviceman was stopped by police that incorrectly thought his license plate was incorrectly displayed. While in his uniform they harrassed, pepper sprayed and berated. That was caught by national media. That crap happens in black communities daily for decades.

What bubble are you living under? Wasn't it year ago or so ago when a black motorist, a US serviceman was stopped by police that incorrectly thought his license plate was incorrectly displayed. While in his uniform they harrassed, pepper sprayed and berated. That was caught by national media. That crap happens in black communities daily for decades.
The one that is 2022. I said far less likely, not non-existent. Again, behave and the odds go wayyyy down of a bad outcome. This is something that some in the black community are yet to learn.

Reactions: bonefish1
The one that is 2022. I said far less likely, not non-existent. Again, behave and the odds go wayyyy down of a bad outcome. This is something that some in the black community are yet to learn.
Something that some in the black community are yet to learn? According statistics that you guys like to display, more unarmed whites are killed by police. Therefore, either your statistics are crap like I always thought, or whites need to behave and comply also.

Something that some in the black community are yet to learn? According statistics that you guys like to display, more unarmed whites are killed by police. Therefore, either your statistics are crap like I always thought, or whites need to behave and comply also.
Look at the % of crimes committed, as a % of population and get back to us.

Look at the % of crimes committed, as a % of population and get back to us.
Doesn’t matter. If more unarmed whites are killed then more more whites are doing things wrong when it comes to the police if the statistics are correct.

This general discussion board here on Gold&Black is by far the most racist of all the discussions boards on the rivals network. Just one more example how much Purdue really sucks.

Why do you pick out single incidents and claim "This happens all the time"?
Do you have any idea how many interactions police have with black people on an annual basis that don't result in someone getting killed? About 99.999%

Doesn’t matter. If more unarmed whites are killed then more more whites are doing things wrong when it comes to the police if the statistics are correct.
Yeah, and again why your narrative about blacks being purposely killed by police for no reason is such nonsense. You can't sit there and disbelieve the statistics in one way, and then use them for another...

The problem is, you think blacks are killed by the cops because they're black, not because of their behavior (or as Dr, King would say, "the content of their character")

You think cops are out there actively looking for opportunities to kill black people. The reality is, that in the vast, vast majority of these police shootings cases, had the perp not resisted arrest and assaulted the cop, they'd be alive today. End of story.
Why is that so hard to understand?

This general discussion board here on Gold&Black is by far the most racist of all the discussions boards on the rivals network. Just one more example how much Purdue really sucks.
Go whine someplace else. You'll just get your panties in a wad hanging out here.

He's trolling. Don't toss him any peanuts. He probably got picked on by a kid in high school who became a cop.

I would say @TeddyValentineDidNothingWrong is bitter about the police because he probably had some sort of "injustice" happen to him that "he felt wasn't his fault" even though it likely was. Because certainly this type of person can't accept personal responsibility. That's why he has to diss on the police who are there to enforce the laws, not make them.

I would say @TeddyValentineDidNothingWrong is bitter about the police because he probably had some sort of "injustice" happen to him that "he felt wasn't his fault" even though it likely was. Because certainly this type of person can't accept personal responsibility. That's why he has to diss on the police who are there to enforce the laws, not make them.
He's just trying to be provocative because he knows he'll get replies if says bad things about cops. He'll say something bad about the National Anthem next.

Another black man killed by a cop because the guy resisted arrest and assaulted the officer.
When will people learn?
Oh yeh, and to no ones surprise, the guy had a lengthy rap sheet. Shocker.

Good question: why people resist arrest? Why not just obey the officers?

I used to think like you. I assume cops are the good guys and as law-abiding citizens, the best course of action is to just ALWAYS follow all their instructions. I used to trust them 100%.

Now I've learned how *SOME* police abused their power. *SOME* of them are just a-holes. I don't know how many, but a non-trivial number. So there is a distrust on both sides. The person being arrested don't believe he would be treated fairly by the police, and the police don't trust the person would be non-violent.

I still think the best course of action is to follow police instructions. But I've grown to understand why resisting arrest is a legit consideration for some, and not because they have criminal history.

Good question: why people resist arrest? Why not just obey the officers?

I used to think like you. I assume cops are the good guys and as law-abiding citizens, the best course of action is to just ALWAYS follow all their instructions. I used to trust them 100%.

Now I've learned how *SOME* police abused their power. *SOME* of them are just a-holes. I don't know how many, but a non-trivial number. So there is a distrust on both sides. The person being arrested don't believe he would be treated fairly by the police, and the police don't trust the person would be non-violent.

I still think the best course of action is to follow police instructions. But I've grown to understand why resisting arrest is a legit consideration for some, and not because they have criminal history.

So, because 'SOME" cops are a-holes and "SOME" have abused their power in the past, a person comes to the conclusion of:
"You know what, I have an outstanding warrant, I have a rap sheet, I don't want to go to jail. Therefore, maybe it's good idea to fight this cop and see if I can get away." This all, despite the fact that the cop is trained, armed with a deadly weapon, and is allowed to used if if he/she fears for their life.

So again, walk me through the thought process of someone who thinks resisting arrest and assaulting a cop concludes it's a good idea.

Okay BNI....ENOUGH! How any blacks, Hispanics, whites, or mixed race folks get stopped EVERY day in this fine country without being beaten or shot or tasered? Know why they don't....they do WHAT the LEO's ask them to do and they don't mouth off, they don't cry racism, and they don't threaten the LEO. Simple, but many folks who do get shot or beaten, or tasered do.

Reactions: bonefish1
ADVERTISEMENT