ADVERTISEMENT

Why did we not pass for touchdown as a passing team versus running 2 times and settling for field go

sfl

Gold Member
Aug 28, 2001
Why did we not pass for touchdown as a passing team versus running 2 times and settling for field goal. Then after Wisconsin score we play conservatively and abandoned our aggrieve pass offense and run the ball and give Wisconsin the opportunity to tie?

Why did we not pass for touchdown as a passing team versus running 2 times and settling for field goal. Then after Wisconsin score we play conservatively and abandoned our aggrieve pass offense and run the ball and give Wisconsin the opportunity to tie?
I get what you are saying, but proof read or spell check that thing.

I am not sure we got too conservative... I want to say Wisconsin cut it to 7 with 6 minutes left and we chucked it deep 3 straight running no time off the clock in the process.

If we learned anything this year its that we have to play to win; if you play to not lose that is exactly what you are going to do. Everytime we have played aggressive and played to win we almost always have. Conversely, when we get conservative and settle for field goals; trying not to lose it always comes back and bites us. Wish we had just done a quartback sneak on 3rd and goal or something different. It sucks we got that close and that settling for the field goal let us lose a game we never should have lost.

I get what you are saying, but proof read or spell check that thing.

I am not sure we got too conservative... I want to say Wisconsin cut it to 7 with 6 minutes left and we chucked it deep 3 straight running no time off the clock in the process.
I think that was a different series. When they cut it to 27-20, pretty sure we ran twice then threw incomplete on 3rd and long.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT