ADVERTISEMENT

Why did he do it?

Therein lies the difference between Trump voters and everyone else.

Everyone else says “If ANY president said what was said yesterday, that was a major blow to the foundation of this country.”

A Trump fan says: “But Obama”
A Trump fan says: “he’s using what he said as leverage”
A Trump fan says: “But Hillary’s emails”.

Everyone else demands better. Unfortunately, Trump fans don’t know what better is because if they did, they would put country above Trump instead of Trump above country.

And someone who understands what is going on points out why all of this is a sideshow and the reality of the situation is different, and not even addressed.

And my point in the post that is lost on you especially, is why do you now care about the foundation of the country after all but ignoring it for the better part of the decade? Then you turn around and spew crap about loving the country. Complete tool.

What was your point, aside from wiping trumps ass?

Why is it so hard for you to comprehend even the basics? I clearly stated that if ANY president did what was done yesterday, he or she should be vilified.

Yet you’re here doing everything you can to defend the indefensible. To me that just says you love Trump more than the country, simple as that.

And you can cry about Obama all you want. I’ve never defended him either , but he sure as hell didn’t get on a stage for the world to see and lick Putin’s nutsack

Reactions: Bill4411
But what about Obama?!?

I was also critical of Obama, but he ain’t the President anymore FFS. Trump screws up right and left and all you guys have is “Hillary” and “what about when Obama did...”

I didn’t vote for Obama. I demand better from Trump as I did from Obama when he made big mistakes or appeared weak. Period.

What Trump said publicly standing next to Putin was reprehensible. You shouldn't need to wait and see on that unless you're just patently unwilling to doubt Trump, which it appears you and the usual suspects are.

A lot of this investigation was going on into Russian meddling into American politics some of it back to 2012, and much what was linked here about the 12 Russian indictments and the operative Maria Buttina(sp) was in the 2014-2016 time period. Hate to break it to you, but Obama was President then, and Trump was a civilian for much of that time, declared candidate for Presidency for part of it, and President -elect for part of it.

So again, it is hypocritical and at the same time interesting that nobody really cared/cares about Obama not doing much under actions that occurred during his Presidency, but want to hang Trump out to dry for it. Obama did nothing about actions of Russia and denied their actions/effectiveness as late as OCT of election year, and Trump just denies it. WTH is the difference and why the 180 in ways they are treated? But hey, go ahead and ignore that part.

Patently unwilling to doubt Trump, no, just will wait to see how things develop. I see a lot of up in arms nonsense in this thread made up of complete random, irrational thoughts. Just like the Iran deal, Trump talking with NK, and now Russia, I think they are largely wastes of time. Will wait to see how they work out though. Pretty much spot on with Iran being a waste of time. Those countries will do what they want regardless.

Reactions: ecouch
You snapping your vertebrae trying to crawl up Trumps ass to defend him just tells me that your love for Trump outweighs your love for this country. You should just pack your shit and move to Russia.

Come on, man. The bar was set so low for him yesterday that it was on the ground, and by nearly every single account (minus Hannity since that doof is nothing more than a shill) he didn’t even come close to clearing it.

So what does he do? Stands up there, smears the US intelligence agencies despite all of the evidence presented, and sides with a dictator. That is just un effing believable.

And here you are defending him. Let me ask you this: if Obama had stood there and said the exact same thing trump did yesterday, what would your reaction have been? Actually don’t bother answering because I already know, and you wouldn’t be tickling your own balls to defend him. And I would have agreed with you because if ANY president had done that, they would have deserved all of the vitriol thrown his or her way.

That you put so much effort into defending Trump tells me you love him more than this country and that’s a shame. Yesterday was a disaster in nearly every way possible. There’s no other way to say it.

Why is it so hard for you to comprehend even the basics? I clearly stated that if ANY president did what was done yesterday, he or she should be vilified.

Yet you’re here doing everything you can to defend the indefensible. To me that just says you love Trump more than the country, simple as that.

And you can cry about Obama all you want. I’ve never defended him either , but he sure as hell didn’t get on a stage for the world to see and lick Putin’s nutsack

Aww, are you upset that I said someone loves trump more than their country? Quit being such a snowflake, ya commie.

So a few things here

Not sure where Trump was defended.

-Personally, I think what Obama did was worse. JMO. He made fun of Romney for his 1980 style anti Russia foreign policy, bent over backwards for Russia, then talks almost Patton like toward them at a summit, but gets caught after he he thought mics were off saying we will talk after election because he has to win it, then all but ignored Russia's meddling during his Presidency.

With Trump, he said what he said yesterday almost on a monthly basis. One knows where he stands for most part. Although I do think he confuses Russia meddling with collusion on his part.

I would rather know what I am dealing with in Trump's case rather than what Obama was up to. Not that either are good positions. But anyway, do not understand why Trump gets crucified and Obama got a pass. Think what the media or your political party tells you to much? And before someone tries to say Obama is not President, he was during this meddling and interference.

I also find it ironic that people that disdain Trump the most for his behavior, act a lot like him. It is that way in the real world as well as here. The name calling, outbursts, attempted putdowns, loosely if connected at all thoughts. You and Trump, behavior wise, are very similar.

Reactions: ecouch and SKYDOG
You snapping your vertebrae trying to crawl up Trumps ass to defend him just tells me that your love for Trump outweighs your love for this country. You should just pack your shit and move to Russia.

Come on, man. The bar was set so low for him yesterday that it was on the ground, and by nearly every single account (minus Hannity since that doof is nothing more than a shill) he didn’t even come close to clearing it.

So what does he do? Stands up there, smears the US intelligence agencies despite all of the evidence presented, and sides with a dictator. That is just un effing believable.

And here you are defending him. Let me ask you this: if Obama had stood there and said the exact same thing trump did yesterday, what would your reaction have been? Actually don’t bother answering because I already know, and you wouldn’t be tickling your own balls to defend him. And I would have agreed with you because if ANY president had done that, they would have deserved all of the vitriol thrown his or her way.

That you put so much effort into defending Trump tells me you love him more than this country and that’s a shame. Yesterday was a disaster in nearly every way possible. There’s no other way to say it.

Aww, are you upset that I said someone loves trump more than their country? Quit being such a snowflake, ya commie.

So a few things here

-Personally, I think what Obama did was worse. JMO. He made fun of Romney for his 1980 style anti Russia foreign policy, bent over backwards for Russia, then talks almost Patton like toward them at a summit, but gets caught after he he thought mics were off saying we will talk after election because he has to win it, then all but ignored Russia's meddling during his Presidency.

With Trump, he said what he said yesterday almost on a monthly basis. One knows where he stands for most part. Although I do think he confuses Russia meddling with collusion on his part.

I would rather know what I am dealing with in Trump's case rather than what Obama was up to. Not that either are good positions. But anyway, do not understand why Trump gets crucified and Obama got a pass. Think what the media or your political party tells you to much? And before someone tries to say Obama is not President, he was during this meddling and interference.

I also find it ironic that people that disdain Trump the most for his behavior, act a lot like him. It is that way in the real world as well as here. The name calling, outbursts, attempted putdowns, loosely if connected at all thoughts. You and Trump, behavior wise, are very similar.

First of all, this is a message board on a sports site. You want more decorum? You’re probably in the wrong place.

Second, and more important, just wow with the blind defense of Trump. He only stood up yesterday and pretty much committed treason but wah, he gets picked on. Get bent, Jesus effing Christ.

So a few things here

I thought about this a bit more and here’s what it boils down to:

Obama: Lying
Clinton: Lying
Strozk: Lying
Media: Lying
Sexual Assault Accusers: Lying
Climate Change: A lie
All US Intelligence Agencies: Lying
Putin: Oh I believe him.

I mean come the eff on. How ANYONE can defend him is just baffling.

Good one.

A lot of this investigation was going on into Russian meddling into American politics some of it back to 2012, and much what was linked here about the 12 Russian indictments and the operative Maria Buttina(sp) was in the 2014-2016 time period. Hate to break it to you, but Obama was President then, and Trump was a civilian for much of that time, declared candidate for Presidency for part of it, and President -elect for part of it.

So again, it is hypocritical and at the same time interesting that nobody really cared/cares about Obama not doing much under actions that occurred during his Presidency, but want to hang Trump out to dry for it. Obama did nothing about actions of Russia and denied their actions/effectiveness as late as OCT of election year, and Trump just denies it. WTH is the difference and why the 180 in ways they are treated? But hey, go ahead and ignore that part.

Patently unwilling to doubt Trump, no, just will wait to see how things develop. I see a lot of up in arms nonsense in this thread made up of complete random, irrational thoughts. Just like the Iran deal, Trump talking with NK, and now Russia, I think they are largely wastes of time. Will wait to see how they work out though. Pretty much spot on with Iran being a waste of time. Those countries will do what they want regardless.
I don't see it as hypocritical at all. We're not talking, in this case, about each president taking action to stop the Russian interference.

When it became clear in the middle of the summer that the Russians were trying to interfere, the way they were going about it and the methods they used had never been seen before. I don't think the Obama admin realized the extent nor the effectiveness of the attack. They told them to cut it out a couple times to no avail. Congressional dems were curious with him for not publicizing the info.

At the same time, Trump is telling anyone who will listen how the election was rigged. Imagine the turmoil that would be created.......and the total outrage by Trump supporters, if Obama comes out and says the Russians were trying to influence the upcoming election......and on behalf of Trump. The entire election could have been a nightmare with the loser refusing to conceed, partisan investigations, accusations back and forth.......and a country paralyzed by a contested presidential election.

Knowing what we know now about Trump, can we even imagine his reaction if Obama had publicized what he knew?

I think Obama made the best decision......let the election go on without releasing the info and deal with it afterward. Trump and his supporters should be damn happy with that decision, things could very easily be different if Obama had acted.

It's easy to judge Obama's inaction in hindsight. But if the results of an attack were known before the battle, history would be much different. The Obama IC had never seen this kind of attack before and they have said they didn't know how to stop some of it and didn't realize how broad and extensive it ended up being......and it would be pretty damn hard for the public to care about it at the time when we didn't even know about it.

That was about what Obama didn't do about the interference AS it was happening. With Trump, that's not the case. We know what happened. We have known for his entire term. Yet he has NEVER unequivocally agreed with that fact.....even today with this missing contraction bullshit, he still has to add it could have been someone else. He hasn't shown he cares about what's best for the country by denying the truth, he's shown he cares more about keeping his ego intact.

To compare Obama's actions or inaction to Trumps is apples and oranges. One cared about trying to keep the election process fair, the other cares about himself.

You and Trump, behavior wise, are very similar.

This just happened.

I don't see it as hypocritical at all. We're not talking, in this case, about each president taking action to stop the Russian interference.

When it became clear in the middle of the summer that the Russians were trying to interfere, the way they were going about it and the methods they used had never been seen before. I don't think the Obama admin realized the extent nor the effectiveness of the attack. They told them to cut it out a couple times to no avail. Congressional dems were curious with him for not publicizing the info.

At the same time, Trump is telling anyone who will listen how the election was rigged. Imagine the turmoil that would be created.......and the total outrage by Trump supporters, if Obama comes out and says the Russians were trying to influence the upcoming election......and on behalf of Trump. The entire election could have been a nightmare with the loser refusing to conceed, partisan investigations, accusations back and forth.......and a country paralyzed by a contested presidential election.

Knowing what we know now about Trump, can we even imagine his reaction if Obama had publicized what he knew?

I think Obama made the best decision......let the election go on without releasing the info and deal with it afterward. Trump and his supporters should be damn happy with that decision, things could very easily be different if Obama had acted.

It's easy to judge Obama's inaction in hindsight. But if the results of an attack were known before the battle, history would be much different. The Obama IC had never seen this kind of attack before and they have said they didn't know how to stop some of it and didn't realize how broad and extensive it ended up being......and it would be pretty damn hard for the public to care about it at the time when we didn't even know about it.

That was about what Obama didn't do about the interference AS it was happening. With Trump, that's not the case. We know what happened. We have known for his entire term. Yet he has NEVER unequivocally agreed with that fact.....even today with this missing contraction bullshit, he still has to add it could have been someone else. He hasn't shown he cares about what's best for the country by denying the truth, he's shown he cares more about keeping his ego intact.

To compare Obama's actions or inaction to Trumps is apples and oranges. One cared about trying to keep the election process fair, the other cares about himself.

I see your points, agree with some of them, and thanks for the well thought out post.

I was not even sure what Trump tried to say or back track on today, and that was before he added in it could have been anybody. Still did not quite make sense to me.

I do think more than anything he views this issue as diminishing his election win, and he confuses meddling/interference with collusion by him. Add to that his incoherent communication and firestorm of tweets and it leads to problems.

I think a lot of this for me, is that I have realized and understood that Russia(as have other countries) has been involved in political meddling since at least the 80s. Some real old timers in intel think they were involved in anti war protests in late 60's/early 70's. And my reaction just goes to one of why does everyone suddenly care now?

In a way it is good people care. Just interesting that citizens had a real laissez faire attitude about it til now. Will be interesting to see if this topic has this much scrutiny when party of President changes hands.

Reactions: BuilderBob6
I see your points, agree with some of them, and thanks for the well thought out post.

I was not even sure what Trump tried to say or back track on today, and that was before he added in it could have been anybody. Still did not quite make sense to me.

I do think more than anything he views this issue as diminishing his election win, and he confuses meddling/interference with collusion by him. Add to that his incoherent communication and firestorm of tweets and it leads to problems.

I think a lot of this for me, is that I have realized and understood that Russia(as have other countries) has been involved in political meddling since at least the 80s. Some real old timers in intel think they were involved in anti war protests in late 60's/early 70's. And my reaction just goes to one of why does everyone suddenly care now?

In a way it is good people care. Just interesting that citizens had a real laissez faire attitude about it til now. Will be interesting to see if this topic has this much scrutiny when party of President changes hands.
I don't think the public has known about Russian attempts in the past. Im not sure it's something a cold war era president would want the people to know.

I also don't think it was very effective but I have no facts to back that up. Someone said the other day it's been going on since Truman......but what could election interference have amounted to before social media or electronic voting? Spies trying to stuff ballot boxes? Forming anti American organizations?

My point is that dismissing the current interference by saying it's been going on a long time ignores the effectiveness of the methods at various points in history. They could have an effect in 2018, much more than even 10 years ago.

All Americans should care no matter which party is in the WH. But it's likely the parties will exchange points of view at some point.

I don't think the public has known about Russian attempts in the past. Im not sure it's something a cold war era president would want the people to know.

I also don't think it was very effective but I have no facts to back that up. Someone said the other day it's been going on since Truman......but what could election interference have amounted to before social media or electronic voting? Spies trying to stuff ballot boxes? Forming anti American organizations?

My point is that dismissing the current interference by saying it's been going on a long time ignores the effectiveness of the methods at various points in history. They could have an effect in 2018, much more than even 10 years ago.

All Americans should care no matter which party is in the WH. But it's likely the parties will exchange points of view at some point.
If you're really interested in this topic there are many non fiction books written by people who were in the agencies in charge of these espionage/counter operations. Everything from voting to infrastructure to defense intelligence.

ADVERTISEMENT