ADVERTISEMENT

Why did he do it?

Bethboilerfan

Senior
Sep 14, 2012
Abby Huntsman, who is the host of the weekend edition of Fox & Friends and is the daughter of Jon Huntsman, the U.S. ambassador to Russia, tweeted, “No negotiation is worth throwing your own people and country under the bus." Why did he do it?

Putin has something major on Trump - money? or personal? or ??? - that is the only explanation that I think explains his behavior and statements today.

Abby Huntsman, who is the host of the weekend edition of Fox & Friends and is the daughter of Jon Huntsman, the U.S. ambassador to Russia, tweeted, “No negotiation is worth throwing your own people and country under the bus." Why did he do it?

Putin has something major on Trump - money? or personal? or ??? - that is the only explanation that I think explains his behavior and statements today.
I am not a big conspiracy buff,but you may be right.I wonder if Putin has something on him,or he is becoming unhinged.

Our president is just plain not very smart.

The last president who went on an apology tour took a beating from the conservatives.

Unfortunately, I am guessing today's conservatives, and I use that word loosely, will still support him.

Maybe they are not very smart either.

It has to be something like that. Watching the tape of the press meeting with Trump and Putin, I would describe Trump as "groveling" The picture of Trump with his head lowered and Putin smiling hugely gives the game away.

Reactions: Bill4411
It has to be something like that. Watching the tape of the press meeting with Trump and Putin, I would describe Trump as "groveling" The picture of Trump with his head lowered and Putin smiling hugely gives the game away.

I dont think Putin has anything on Trump. Trump has a huge ego and this bs by the intelligence community, biased against him imo, is all consuming. He is fighting back in typical Trump style, like it or not, thats who he is. Trump has been right on many fronts when it comes to the FBI.
They wire tapped Trump Tower and put a spy in his campaign, all based on fabricated information. Trump needs to seperate the colussion investigation and the Russian meddling. And the intelligence agency needs to quit the colussion investigation. Imo opinion any colussion points to the Clintons and not Trump.
Now Trump inherited a mess. Russia has already taken over Countries of the former USSR. Trump has been forceful and so far curtailed further expansion. The media is pumping this NATO as allies against Russia narrative and what do the European countries do? They sign a 20 billion dollar energy deal with Russia. The US could supply Europe with all the energy they need. Russian sanctions be damned.
Trumps America first is pissing a lot of countries off. They will come dragging their collective arses back when Russia and China fk em.

I dont think Putin has anything on Trump. Trump has a huge ego and this bs by the intelligence community, biased against him imo, is all consuming. He is fighting back in typical Trump style, like it or not, thats who he is. Trump has been right on many fronts when it comes to the FBI.
They wire tapped Trump Tower and put a spy in his campaign, all based on fabricated information. Trump needs to seperate the colussion investigation and the Russian meddling. And the intelligence agency needs to quit the colussion investigation. Imo opinion any colussion points to the Clintons and not Trump.
Now Trump inherited a mess. Russia has already taken over Countries of the former USSR. Trump has been forceful and so far curtailed further expansion. The media is pumping this NATO as allies against Russia narrative and what do the European countries do? They sign a 20 billion dollar energy deal with Russia. The US could supply Europe with all the energy they need. Russian sanctions be damned.
Trumps America first is pissing a lot of countries off. They will come dragging their collective arses back when Russia and China fk em.

You snapping your vertebrae trying to crawl up Trumps ass to defend him just tells me that your love for Trump outweighs your love for this country. You should just pack your shit and move to Russia.

It could be something very simple. Any acknowledgement of Russian intervention, in his mind, somehow diminishes his victory in the election.

To think he would put his own selfish pride ahead of the security of our country is mind blowing. But would it surprise anyone at this point?

Think about it. He brought the election up YET AGAIN in the news conference today with Putin......over a year and a half later. Talk about needing to relive past glory. The guy just has to keep telling people how great he is.

Last edited:
It could me something very simple. Any acknowledgement of Russian intervention, in his mind, somehow diminishes his victory in the election.

To think he would put his own selfish pride ahead of the security of our country is mind blowing. But would it surprise anyone at this point?

Think about it. He brought the election up YET AGAIN in the news conference today with Putin......over a year and a half later. Talk about needing to relive past glory. The guy just has to keep telling people how great he is.

He’s the Al Bundy of the White House. The election win is his four touchdown game in high school and that’s all he can ever talk about.

mannafort was wired, not Trump Tower. Show me a link by a neutral site that says different. Spyware is over except in Nunes world. Hillary collusion lol. Do you have a functioning brain?

You do realize the cost difference between us shopping liquified natural gas to Germany vs the Russia pipeline? But of course Angela Merkel would rather do business with a president who publicly trashed her.

I'm so sick of hearing Trump whine about what he inherited. I'm no fan of Obama, but he got a recession, a war, ISIS and North Korea. Inheriting messes goes with the territory President Snowflake, suck it up and deal.......or maybe you should just sit the next one out. It's becoming obvious you're not cut out for the job.

Last edited:
LOL Trump has curtailed “Russia taking over countries of the former USSR.” First, which countries has Russia taken over? They’ve annexed one region and invaded two others in the last twenty years. They haven’t taken over a sovereign country. Yet. And Russia isn’t doing anything right now not because of Trump. They don’t have reason to. Russia is going to do what they want in their sphere of influence and Trump isn’t going to be able to stop it because I don’t even think he is stupid enough to go to war with Russia because they decide to invade some ‘Stan.

Reactions: SDBoiler1

Putin has nothing on Donald Trump, a totally diversionary tactic perpetuated by the liberals hell bent on creating a rift. To much hysteria and none of us know what was said in that room with the two leaders by themselves.

Putin has nothing on Donald Trump, a totally diversionary tactic perpetuated by the liberals hell bent on creating a rift. To much hysteria and none of us know what was said in that room with the two leaders by themselves.

It’s clear that you love Trump more than this country. How sad.

We know what Trump said when HE WASN'T in the the room. I shudder to think what he said in the room.

If Trump got anything in the room his ego would demand he tell us immediately.

Why am I trying to convince the king of Trump apologists? Nevermind.

Reactions: Bill4411
Wouldn't it be nice to know? Who do you trust the most, Putin or Trump? Or, is there any difference?

****in’ a.

I’m convinced there are a few million Americans who would’ve tied themselves to the exhaust stacks of the Titanic because they truly believed she was unsinkable. Just idiotic. It’s OK to admit the guy screwed up.

I’m convinced there are a few million Americans who would’ve tied themselves to the exhaust stacks of the Titanic because they truly believed she was unsinkable. Just idiotic. It’s OK to admit the guy screwed up.

Well, we know what Obama said behind closed doors with Russia, mainly due to him mocking Romney about the 1980 foreign policy with Russia is over with. Oh, and what he actually said to Putin's right hand man when he thought the mic was off about let me sound tough now, but we will talk after election.

Nobody cared. Everyone was cool with it. Obama was so smart.

Nobody knows what Trump and Putin talked or did not talk about in that closed meeting. But damn, Trump is an idiot. Lets all attack him because that is the cool thing to do.

I am not sure about others in this thread but at one time you were smart/cognizant enough to realize the hypocrisy in that.

And critique what BoilerJS said all day, but seriously, nobody finds it ironic that the media and Europe are trying to paint a picture of Trump wanting to bail on NATO because he critiques them, NATO/EURO is a big ally against Russia, the US should sanction Russia more, but wait, Euro gets 40% of their gas from Russia. They are in bed with Russia more than anyone besides China.

That above paragraph is real similar in hypocrisy to how Trump supposedly/allegedly colluded with foreign governments, but the evidence shows Clinton/Dems/Repubs paid for a dossier to influence election from a foreign sources but that is all but ignored. People just create different realities to fit their beliefs.

https://www.ft.com/content/7b86f4be-f08e-11e7-b220-857e26d1aca4

Reality is until Europe finds another way to heat their homes nobody is doing a damn thing to Russia. And Russia will not piss anyone off to much because they need that revenue.

As far as Trump and his discussion with Putin, I will wait to see what comes of it. But as I stated above, not much will happen. To much money at stake. And yes it is the money, people should not kid themselves that any of these people give a crap about Europeans freezing.

As for the rest of the week, sure Trump is not a typicaly behaved politician, seems to disdain that, he is boorish and abrasive. At this point, if that surprises anyone, not sure what to say. People that know him and had private meetings with him have said he is gracious and well mannered in the past. I think much of the reason he behaves this way is due to that is how he won the election. All the positive reinforcement one needs.

Well, we know what Obama said behind closed doors with Russia, mainly due to him mocking Romney about the 1980 foreign policy with Russia is over with. Oh, and what he actually said to Putin's right hand man when he thought the mic was off about let me sound tough now, but we will talk after election.

Nobody knows what Trump and Putin talked or did not talk about in that closed meeting. But damn, Trump is an idiot. Lets all attack him because that is the cool thing to do.

I am not sure about others in this thread but at one time you were smart/cognizant enough to realize the hypocrisy in that.

And critique what BoilerJS said all day, but seriously, nobody finds it ironic that the media and Europe are trying to paint a picture of Trump wanting to bail on NATO because he critiques them, NATO/EURO is a big ally against Russia, the US should sanction Russia more, but wait, Euro gets 40% of their gas from Russia. They are in bed with Russia more than anyone besides China.

That above paragraph is real similar in hypocrisy to how Trump supposedly/allegedly colluded with foreign governments, but the evidence shows Clinton/Dems/Repubs paid for a dossier to influence election from a foreign sources but that is all but ignored. People just create different realities to fit their beliefs.

Reality is until Europe finds another way to heat their homes nobody is doing a damn thing to Russia. And Russia will not piss anyone off to much because they need that revenue.

As far as Trump and his discussion with Putin, I will wait to see what comes of it. But as I stated above, not much will happen. To much money at stake. And yes it is the money, people should not kid themselves that any of these people give a crap about Europeans freezing.

As for the rest of the week, sure Trump is not a typicaly behaved politician, seems to disdain that, he is boorish and abrasive. At this point, if that surprises anyone, not sure what to say. People that know him and had private meetings with him have said he is gracious and well mannered in the past. I think much of the reason he behaves this way is due to that is how he won the election. All the positive reinforcement one needs.

Come on, man. The bar was set so low for him yesterday that it was on the ground, and by nearly every single account (minus Hannity since that doof is nothing more than a shill) he didn’t even come close to clearing it.

So what does he do? Stands up there, smears the US intelligence agencies despite all of the evidence presented, and sides with a dictator. That is just un effing believable.

And here you are defending him. Let me ask you this: if Obama had stood there and said the exact same thing trump did yesterday, what would your reaction have been? Actually don’t bother answering because I already know, and you wouldn’t be tickling your own balls to defend him. And I would have agreed with you because if ANY president had done that, they would have deserved all of the vitriol thrown his or her way.

That you put so much effort into defending Trump tells me you love him more than this country and that’s a shame. Yesterday was a disaster in nearly every way possible. There’s no other way to say it.

Come on, man. The bar was set so low for him yesterday that it was on the ground, and by nearly every single account (minus Hannity since that doof is nothing more than a shill) he didn’t even come close to clearing it.

So what does he do? Stands up there, smears the US intelligence agencies despite all of the evidence presented, and sides with a dictator. That is just un effing believable.

And here you are defending him. Let me ask you this: if Obama had stood there and said the exact same thing trump did yesterday, what would your reaction have been? Actually don’t bother answering because I already know, and you wouldn’t be tickling your own balls to defend him. And I would have agreed with you because if ANY president had done that, they would have deserved all of the vitriol thrown his or her way.

That you put so much effort into defending Trump tells me you love him more than this country and that’s a shame. Yesterday was a disaster in nearly every way possible. There’s no other way to say it.
Here's the reality you nitwit.
http://thehill.com/opinion/white-ho...er-on-russia-in-18-months-than-obama-in-eight

In an attempt to get this thread back on track, I think that whatever Putin knows is taped in some way. It has to be big otherwise Trump would just call it "fake news" or deny it or blame it on Obama/Hillary/liberals/etc. So what could it be? I am now thinking it might involve underage girls/boys or it might be knowledge of how Trump won the election. Or maybe he is fearful of poisoning???
wow...unplug.

Reactions: ecouch
In an attempt to get this thread back on track, I think that whatever Putin knows is taped in some way. It has to be big otherwise Trump would just call it "fake news" or deny it or blame it on Obama/Hillary/liberals/etc. So what could it be? I am now thinking it might involve underage girls/boys or it might be knowledge of how Trump won the election. Or maybe he is fearful of poisoning???
You have quite a twisted and deranged imagination. Seek therapy.

So, Obama. Obama was wrong. Trump is now misreading Putin in the same way. That makes me feel better. To add, things are a little different now than 2012. Since then Russia has interfered in our election.......and yet Trump still takes the Obama approach. If you're trying to compare how the two, who should know better?

Trump is an idiot for what WE KNOW he said in public.........you think he was tougher on Putin behind closed doors?

The media is asking the obvious questions about Trump's position on NATO........because Trump has said NATO is obsolete among many other negatives about the organization and it's leaders. If our liquified gas could compete with the Russian pipeline they would buy from us.....
And if Russia invades a NATO country that will happen.

It's surprising that in all that you wrote you didn't address the main criticism of Trump yesterday. He said he believes Putin over his own intelligence agencies.

Here's the reality you nitwit.
http://thehill.com/opinion/white-ho...er-on-russia-in-18-months-than-obama-in-eight

An opinion piece from a conservative website is not reality....it’s an opinion....you nitwit

But what about Obama?!?

I was also critical of Obama, but he ain’t the President anymore FFS. Trump screws up right and left and all you guys have is “Hillary” and “what about when Obama did...”

I didn’t vote for Obama. I demand better from Trump as I did from Obama when he made big mistakes or appeared weak. Period.

But what about Obama?!?

I was also critical of Obama, but he ain’t the President anymore FFS. Trump screws up right and left and all you guys have is “Hillary” and “what about when Obama did...”

I didn’t vote for Obama. I demand better from Trump as I did from Obama when he made big mistakes or appeared weak. Period.

Therein lies the difference between Trump voters and everyone else.

Everyone else says “If ANY president said what was said yesterday, that was a major blow to the foundation of this country.”

A Trump fan says: “But Obama”
A Trump fan says: “he’s using what he said as leverage”
A Trump fan says: “But Hillary’s emails”.

Everyone else demands better. Unfortunately, Trump fans don’t know what better is because if they did, they would put country above Trump instead of Trump above country.

I think he probably did screw up. Yesterday was not a good day for the President. The optics of this meeting were strange and some of his comments in the press conference were not helpful. I have no issue with Trump meeting Putin. I also don’t know what was privately discussed between them.

I think he probably did screw up. Yesterday was not a good day for the President. The optics of this meeting were strange and some of his comments in the press conference were not helpful. I have no issue with Trump meeting Putin. I also don’t know what was privately discussed between them.
I don’t have an issue with the meeting. I just think he was totally unprepared, as usual, and it was exposed in a damaging way.

exactly. trump plays the wwe wrestling hero/heel card perfectly.

the more backlash he gets, the stronger his persona grows, the better that methodology works. he trolls, fish bite, he wins.

a69-800x430.jpg

Last edited:

Well, like I pointed out, I do not like his behavior. But if it surprises anyone by now, I am not really sure what to say. Him attacking FBI/Intel agencies is nothing new. Go google it, seems like he does it a few times a month. Should he? No. And I never said he should, especially in public. That said, those organizations have pooped in their own pillowcase a lot the last few years. Just reality.

Ask yourself this-Did I defend him, or just point out some realities that you do not like because they do not fit a/your narrative? The energy/money/sanction part of my post is spot on. And I am not going to go crazy about this meeting when it is all speculation what will happen. And I never defended Trump's behavior.

Have multiple years overseas since 2001 alone, just as much under Obama as Bush. None under Trump, and did not vote for Trump, so play in traffic about the loving the Trump more than country part.

As for Obama, I did not like his behavior overseas either. That said, what bothered me about him was he was generally weak internationally. Trump, I lean toward him not being weak, but the jury is obviously still out.

But what about Obama?!?

I didn’t vote for Obama. I demand better from Trump as I did from Obama when he made big mistakes or appeared weak. Period

That is fair.

I was also critical of Obama, but he ain’t the President anymore FFS. Trump screws up right and left and all you guys have is “Hillary” and “what about when Obama did...

I will wait to see what direction things go after that meeting to determine if Trump screwed up or not. Just my experiences dealing with certain types of people-one has to make them feel legitamized or important to deal with them.

My main point with Obama, is again, the media and many in the country did not give a rats behind about what he said, did or did not do in concern with Russia, mocked people in November for thinking they could do anything with election, and in 6 months Russia became the devil. I am just wondering why that is is all.............a few thoughts come to mind#sheeple#mypolticalpartythinksforme#hateTrumptobecool

And there was plenty in my post that was but Hilary, but Obama

Reactions: ecouch
So, Obama. Obama was wrong. Trump is now misreading Putin in the same way. That makes me feel better. To add, things are a little different now than 2012. Since then Russia has interfered in our election.......and yet Trump still takes the Obama approach. If you're trying to compare how the two, who should know better?

Trump is an idiot for what WE KNOW he said in public.........you think he was tougher on Putin behind closed doors?

The media is asking the obvious questions about Trump's position on NATO........because Trump has said NATO is obsolete among many other negatives about the organization and it's leaders. If our liquified gas could compete with the Russian pipeline they would buy from us.....
And if Russia invades a NATO country that will happen.

It's surprising that in all that you wrote you didn't address the main criticism of Trump yesterday. He said he believes Putin over his own intelligence agencies.

I agree with a lot of this, or the sentiment.

I do not know what Trump and Putin talked about behind closed doors. I will say did not expect Trump to be able to sit down with NK or rid of ISIS so fast either, So he gets benefit of doubt for now.

As for NATO, I would not call it obsolete. I do think the NATO countries do need to up their funding, NATO needs to switch from more an Admin unit to combat/intel gathering/sharing unit.

As for Trump saying he believes Putin over intel, sure he should not have said it. Like most stuff he says or tweets, not sure he believes it. I think part of it is stroking Putin's ego and legitimizing Russia, part of how one can choose to deal with people like that. The other part is him just being the boorish, rude, set the bait type politician he is. I am surprised people are surprised he said that-that is just an extension or building on what he has said multiple times the last year and a half.

Therein lies the difference between Trump voters and everyone else.

Everyone else says “If ANY president said what was said yesterday, that was a major blow to the foundation of this country.”

A Trump fan says: “But Obama”
A Trump fan says: “he’s using what he said as leverage”
A Trump fan says: “But Hillary’s emails”.

Everyone else demands better. Unfortunately, Trump fans don’t know what better is because if they did, they would put country above Trump instead of Trump above country.

And someone who understands what is going on points out why all of this is a sideshow and the reality of the situation is different, and not even addressed.

And my point in the post that is lost on you especially, is why do you now care about the foundation of the country after all but ignoring it for the better part of the decade? Then you turn around and spew crap about loving the country. Complete tool.

LOL Trump has curtailed “Russia taking over countries of the former USSR.” First, which countries has Russia taken over? They’ve annexed one region and invaded two others in the last twenty years. They haven’t taken over a sovereign country. Yet. And Russia isn’t doing anything right now not because of Trump. They don’t have reason to. Russia is going to do what they want in their sphere of influence and Trump isn’t going to be able to stop it because I don’t even think he is stupid enough to go to war with Russia because they decide to invade some ‘Stan.

https://nypost.com/2014/05/03/putins-vengeful-plan-to-recapture-the-old-russian-empire/

https://www.brookings.edu/testimonies/the-growing-russian-military-threat-in-europe/

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/07/...s-its-footing-against-pro-russian-rebels.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.281a6303d19d

http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...d-in-attacks-on-us-and-allied-forces-in-syria

http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2017-12/28/c_136857624.htm

I just make this $hit up.

I will wait to see what direction things go after that meeting to determine if Trump screwed up or not. Just my experiences dealing with certain types of people-one has to make them feel legitamized or important to deal with them.
What Trump said publicly standing next to Putin was reprehensible. You shouldn't need to wait and see on that unless you're just patently unwilling to doubt Trump, which it appears you and the usual suspects are.

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
ADVERTISEMENT