ADVERTISEMENT

WHOOOOOO!!! Zander Horvath for the HEISMAN, baby!!!!!! N&

Horvath played great, not sure why anyone would be down on him. O'Connor got the job done, still need him to be much better, could have had 1 or probably 2 more picks, no need to force throws if they aren't there there.

Could be as simple as the ability to catch a pass out of the backfield. Watched the replay, and Horvath was available as a bail out option on almost every play. If that's designed and the other guys have seal flippers when it comes to catching, it's a no brainer. Horvath did a lot of good things yesterday that got negated. The long run with the hurdle was killed by the INT. Iowa had us backed up to the 1 and he broke a 10 yarder that we couldn't continue to capitalize on.
I agree. There were alot of intangibles that Horvath does very well. Pass protection, yards after contact, dependable hands. I just believe there needs to be a 1-2 punch with a speed back. Would make it that much harder to defend this offense.

I agree. There were alot of intangibles that Horvath does very well. Pass protection, yards after contact, dependable hands. I just believe there needs to be a 1-2 punch with a speed back. Would make it that much harder to defend this offense.
I'm with you on that. Even if we had Ron Dayne, we don't have a Ron Dayne line.

Take away the one fumble and it was another good day for him. That initial first quarter rumble for 19 was great. Is he running hurdles for the track team? :)

Letttttt's get ready to Rummmmmmmble!

4kl1pj.gif

200.gif

They belong as role players. Horvath is a change of pace runner, not an every down runner. As for O'Connell, this game shouldn't have been this close. He had several really bad throws that could have cost the game. They're both working as hard as they can. But for a coach building a program in year 4, we should have better options at this point.
At least coach is swallowing pride not starting his prize 4 star recruit he has got 4 star qbs no one has worked out

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT