ADVERTISEMENT

Who will Walters bring from Illinois? Predictions

Very good sign!!
I know it’s early but if Walters can figure it out and get a good stuff behind him I believe he will recruit better than the Brohms did here. He seems to be a likable guy and players coach and that’s huge when it comes to recruiting. Your heart has to be all in and I truly believe Walters will show that more than Jeff.

Diaco brought Mitchell, or at least was a big factor. Not really expecting any guys to flip from IL to Purdue. However, I'm hoping Walters can get some of the higher profile guys he was recruiting to jump on board. Harkless out of Lexington would be a great start.
the ill recruit I mentioned Calvin Smith was Walters recruit and Walters likes DE's. Also Zac Tobe a 3 star 6'2 175 S from FLA is a Walters recruit at Illinois

Last edited:
Maybe all time leader

Let's not forget, Charlie Jones had more receptions, 21 catches, also more yards 323, and more TDs, 3, as a WR at Iowa in 2021.

Iowa's two WRs in the portal will both benefit from a new Zip Code, as will Iowa.

I think he'd like to bring Aaron Henry with him. It'll be questionable whether he can make that happen without digging too deep into the salary pool...

There are not that many great recruits at Illinois that are gonna move the needle. But maybe he can grab some good depth from the secondary and LB positions if they start hitting the portal.
Henry got promoted to DC there today

Last edited:
Reactions: purduepat1969
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT