ADVERTISEMENT

Who will be commitment and future hall-of-famer #8?

Geez guys, on a slow board I can't believe nobody has posted this yet! :)
I actually posted a thread on who would be the next commitment a few days ago. I think Burks was the general consensus.

I did have a question on the class on 2022. This was Hartwig's OL teammate right in HS (below)? If so, I am assuming we have a pretty good chance with him? It looks like he is going to be highly rated.

2022 OL Joey Tanona adds offers from Michigan and Purdue
VIP BySTEVE WILTFONG 2 hours ago

Two more Big Ten offers are in for Zionsville (Ind.) High Top247 2022 offensive tackle Joey Tanona with Purdue and Michigan the latest to...

Reactions: boiler800
Tanona will be a national recruit. Going to be a tough get

I actually posted a thread on who would be the next commitment a few days ago. I think Burks was the general consensus.

I did have a question on the class on 2022. This was Hartwig's OL teammate right in HS (below)? If so, I am assuming we have a pretty good chance with him? It looks like he is going to be highly rated.

2022 OL Joey Tanona adds offers from Michigan and Purdue
VIP BySTEVE WILTFONG 2 hours ago

Two more Big Ten offers are in for Zionsville (Ind.) High Top247 2022 offensive tackle Joey Tanona with Purdue and Michigan the latest to...
Sorry KB, must have missed it. FYI, talked with a buddy from Michigan, they're already presenting offers to season ticket holders on what they can do if they've paid for tickets (transfer the $$ to next years tickets, use the dollars in another sport or event, cash refund, make a gift to the University (HA!), etc.)

Not an answer to your question, but a return question of my own. Are any of the higher profile in-state guys (Yanni, Carnell, McCulley) making a decision soon? Would be nice to make a splash right about now in this class.

Not an answer to your question, but a return question of my own. Are any of the higher profile in-state guys (Yanni, Carnell, McCulley) making a decision soon? Would be nice to make a splash right about now in this class.
No on Yanni and McCulley. Who knows on Carnell.

Sorry KB, must have missed it. FYI, talked with a buddy from Michigan, they're already presenting offers to season ticket holders on what they can do if they've paid for tickets (transfer the $$ to next years tickets, use the dollars in another sport or event, cash refund, make a gift to the University (HA!), etc.)
I was close to not renewing this year myself for reasons other than Covid. I'm working (well not right now) nights this year, including Friday nights until about 4am. Gonna make it tough to get to an 11am CT game. That and general $$ concerns was going to make it tough. I honestly decided to renew in the end because there's a strong likelihood of at least some of that $$ being refunded as either the season gets shortened or games are played without us. Plus I didn't want to give up my consecutive year JPC bonus.

Hmmmmmm. You know if we actually signed some elite offensive linemen then we wouldn’t have to spend time to develop them and I wouldn’t have to argue with NAT !

one of the points i’ve tried to make which has basically received deaf ears from the majority of this board. Yes, many Elite offensive Linemen do redshirt at places like Alabama and OSU. However, if those linemen. We’re to come to Purdue, I strongly believe would play immediately at Purdue. Look at Hartwig! He’s an elite offensive lineman. And while he is probably not projected to start as a freshman, I truly believe he will play and not redshirt. And if we actually recruited more linemen like him, we would not have to go back to the old way of doing business of recruiting undersized linemen and wasting 2 years developing them. If you take the time to look, you will find there are freshmen offensive linemen who actually play as true freshmen. The key is they have to have the size, talent and be fundamentally ready to play. Unfortunately Purdue hasn’t signed many like that. So people just assume we have to redshirt that player before playing him.

Hmmmmmm. You know if we actually signed some elite offensive linemen then we wouldn’t have to spend time to develop them and I wouldn’t have to argue with NAT !

one of the points i’ve tried to make which has basically received deaf ears from the majority of this board. Yes, many Elite offensive Linemen do redshirt at places like Alabama and OSU. However, if those linemen. We’re to come to Purdue, I strongly believe would play immediately at Purdue. Look at Hartwig! He’s an elite offensive lineman. And while he is probably not projected to start as a freshman, I truly believe he will play and not redshirt. And if we actually recruited more linemen like him, we would not have to go back to the old way of doing business of recruiting undersized linemen and wasting 2 years developing them. If you take the time to look, you will find there are freshmen offensive linemen who actually play as true freshmen. The key is they have to have the size, talent and be fundamentally ready to play. Unfortunately Purdue hasn’t signed many like that. So people just assume we have to redshirt that player before playing him.

This b-s has been debunked, refuted and shot down as nonsense time and again.

Bigs, it's been clear that you pull crap out your arse time after time.

*SIGH*....

Ohio State's depth chart shows THREE redshirt OL. THREE ... out of their starting five. On the OL, their 2- and 3- deeps are LITTERED with RS players. They redshirt them for a reason... (hint: development).

Good grief, man. Do some FRIGGING research. PLEASE.

"...I strongly believe..." doesn't really mean anything.

Goodness. Do you REALLY believe you have some level of football awareness Brohm doesn't have? Not to mention all the other dolts associated with Purdue football. You think they DON'T want "elite offensive linemen"?

Do you REALLY think you're at some Jedi-level, as it relates to what we would like to have?

We should do a poll... how many of the forum idiots would NOT like to have higher-rated OL...

Yeah... d@mn, Bigs... we'll catch on one of these days.

Reactions: SDBoiler1

OL don’t play as true freshmen, even the elite ones.
Q. Nelson, maybe the most dominate OL in 25 years, redshirted.
OL spend 1-2 years either building strength or reshaping their bodies for Major P5 college football.
Tanona, for example, is only 280 lbs. but is skinny for 280. So he will put on 30-40 lbs between now & his sophomore year at ND, but do it correctly, so he is still agile. Then he will be 320, athletic, agile, strong, etc...

Reactions: jindy
OL true freshmen starting are indeed rare. Michigan had one a few years ago who started all season at left tackle, (and who started all four years-not all at tackle) Mason Cole. He now plays in the NFL for the Arizona Cardinals and was drafted as a center/guard.

As to ratings and stars, be careful what you wish for. Michigan's 2013 class had possibly the top OL class in the nation that year with 6 recruits, 4 of whom were ranked top 5 in the nation at their positions. I was convinced Michigan was set at OL for the foreseeable future. Not so. With transfers, injuries, off field issues, and some just not measuring up, only one prevailed at Michigan, and that was the top ranked center in the nation who finally cracked the the starting lineup as a 5th year player and who was serviceable but not great.
https://247sports.com/college/michigan/Season/2013-Football/Commits/

Reactions: Boiler Addict
[QUOTE="Wolegib, post:

one of the points i’ve tried to make which has basically received deaf ears from the majority of this board.[/QUOTE]

And you will continue to receive deaf ears on this subject because you're dead wrong. Many people here have given you proof and you still come back here with this crap.

Just. Stop.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT