ADVERTISEMENT

Who will Be Commitment #6?

It appears good by getting that new crystal ball pick today. However, until there is an official announcement; I will be cautiously optimistic.

I follow recruiting, especially in the Midwest (ND, OSU, PSU, UM, etc...) and I havent seen his name mentioned with anybody other than Purdue.

I follow recruiting, especially in the Midwest (ND, OSU, PSU, UM, etc...) and I havent seen his name mentioned with anybody other than Purdue.
Michigan prior to Mattison leaving. I dont think he matches what OSU is looking for.

The Wisconsin Insider just picked Wisconsin a couple of hours ago for Yanni, so we cannot get too comfortable yet I guess.

Karlaftis thinking about making a move
VIP By EVAN FLOOD 2 hours ago

Cannot read the VIP article, but Evan Flood is the Wisconsin Insider that picked Yanni to Wisconsin. Hope he is only speculating and he does not know something.

Karlaftis thinking about making a move
VIP By EVAN FLOOD 2 hours ago

Cannot read the VIP article, but Evan Flood is the Wisconsin Insider that picked Yanni to Wisconsin. Hope he is only speculating and he does not know something.
While I know we can’t just expect Yanni to come to Purdue because he lives there and George goes to Purdue but it would be a big loss to not get him because frankly, this class has gotten off to a less than stellar start and it doesn’t really seem at this point that any high end guys seem like they would commit to Purdue

I don't understand why people say you have to give new coaches time to get up to speed on recruiting and you give them a year . A lot of new coaches bring players they've recruited with them to their new school . Most of the Power 5 coaches whether they are at Purdue or somewhere else are recruiting the same players for their former schools. and the coaches go to the same all star games. Brohm was recruiting some of the same players Hazell was recruiting. I have to believe our new DC has built relationships and has recruited many of the same players Holt did last year. Having previously coached at Notre Dame and Nebraska, I have to believe our new DC knows how to evaluate players and also how to recruit elite athletes.

I know a coach who is recruiting the same players Purdue, IU and ohio state are recruiting in a different sport. If he was hired by OSU, I have to believe he'd still be recruiting the same players. He's already lost one recruiting battle to OSU.

Jawan Howard seemed to do ok in his first year recruiting at Michigan. Penny Hardaway seemed to do ok at Memphis. Granted they are basketball coaches. But because of a smaller supply, basketball coaches have to work even harder than football coaches.

So why should we not expect a new coach at Purdue to do well upon arrival ? just because history has dictated they usually fail? it's time to throw out those history books that said new coaches to Purdue always fail in their first recruiting season. It's time to write a new book - called Change !

it's also been said winning records and participation in major bowl games attracts recruits. the rich get richer theory. Thus UW enters the picture.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT