ADVERTISEMENT

Who will be commitment #2?

KentuckyBoiler

All-American
Jul 6, 2011
With Spring practices getting ready to start up again, and we are getting close to the Spring game in the next three weeks, I feel like we are getting close to another commitment for our 2020 class.

We have had a lot of unofficial visits lately and quite a few announced upcoming visits. Who is the next commitment for this class?

Any QB or receiver who commits is an awfully confident guy (great attribute) because CJB isn’t afraid to have lots of competition at those positions.

Reactions: Boilermaker24
There is 5* OL Justin Rogers from Michigan who said he’d like to try DL in college. His crystal ball was Michigan for most of the winter but has been Georgia lately. Coach Hodges keeps contact with him on Twitter. I try to keep up with the offers best I can. I check Coach Hodges Twitter every few days or so. As far as I can tell, he is one of two offers we have out for 5*’s. The other one being Antoine Sampah from Virginia who I love a ton.

With Spring practices getting ready to start up again, and we are getting close to the Spring game in the next three weeks, I feel like we are getting close to another commitment for our 2020 class.

We have had a lot of unofficial visits lately and quite a few announced upcoming visits. Who is the next commitment for this class?
Gus Hartwig

Reactions: Bullwhip Griffith
I find it interesting that Brohm is offering Dual-Threat QBs. 6 of them according to 247. 5 Pro-style but a couple have already committed elsewhere.

I think we sign a QB every year, the same as Painter signing a shooter every year.

Mike Carmin's Spring practice blog today said to expect the #2 commitment to come Wednesday around 4pm.
Exciting to hear. Looking forward to hearing who it is tomorrow.

With junior days coming up and the Spring game, I would say we might be seeing #3 pretty soon after commitment #2.

I wonder if it will be David Baker. Steve at 247sports gave him a Purdue crystal ball pick today.

Either would be nice, but given our current needs I hope that it’s Hartwig. A highly rated, instate OL would be a great early addition to the 2020 recruiting class. It would also help to continue the momentum of in-state success that Brohm had last year.

Reactions: ChuckJr
We are about to find out. The bat signals are out.
bat-signal-fail_fb_153197.jpg

Reactions: BoilerBulldog

According to 247, he visited Purdue on the 22nd and was supposed to go to Ohio State on the 23rd. Hartwig posted pictures from Purdue visit and three days later, Wiltfong posted that Hartwig “felt comfortable there”. Hartwig retweeted it. He also retweeted Ben Kreul’s tweet on his visit from 1 day ago that said “who’s joining me next”. I also didn’t see anything about an Ohio visit the following day. Wiltfong gave him a CB pick back in February. I would say with great confidence it will be Hartwig and it will be soonish. If Carmin said 4 PM, that’s when I would expect it.

According to 247, he visited Purdue on the 22nd and was supposed to go to Ohio State on the 23rd. Hartwig posted pictures from Purdue visit and three days later, Wiltfong posted that Hartwig “felt comfortable there”. Hartwig retweeted it. He also retweeted Ben Kreul’s tweet on his visit from 1 day ago that said “who’s joining me next”. I also didn’t see anything about an Ohio visit the following day. Wiltfong gave him a CB pick back in February. I would say with great confidence it will be Hartwig and it will be soonish. If Carmin said 4 PM, that’s when I would expect it.
Brady's bat signal included sinz and williams. Its a lineman. Its Hartwig.

Do you think this may be the year we don't sign a QB? We already have a bunch.
Good to see the football forum come to life in March. Welcome Mr Hartwig. I think if we can get a commit from Van Dyke the QB window closes. I also think its not open very wide for WRs and TEs. If CJB can get Cummings and maybe that RB/WR tandem from Illinois that window will close. The running game would be set with Doerue/Henning for the foreseeable future. The concentration would then turn to depth on both lines and LB.

What are out chances with Henning? I know he is a big time recruit like several others we are going after.

What are out chances with Henning? I know he is a big time recruit like several others we are going after.
I know he’s been here and enjoyed his visit. Likes the coaches. Be nice to see him here for the spring game. Guess our chances are as good as anybody’s at this point.

His twitter appears as if he's been on an SEC tour lately. Definitely some stiff competition. I think it will ultimately come down to our offensive performance early in the season.

I noticed OSU has a couple of really low o lineman committed. They are big, but low 3* which is rather uncharacteristic.

Unless someone just wants to go to college outside the state, I don't know why we cannot get the best in the state each year with occasionally IU's football team getting a few too (IU football team in South Bend, not Bloomington).

Let's hope that he is not as good of recruiter as Meyers. Would love to get more OH recruits, since that is such a rich football talented state.
To an extent, the big dogs like OSU recruit for themselves at this point in history. Would love to break some walls a keep a permanent hold on recruiting in OH. I think we're on the right track for sure!

Let's hope that he is not as good of recruiter as Meyers. Would love to get more OH recruits, since that is such a rich football talented state.
Meyer didnt recruit ohio as heavily as his predecessor. He took the elite and then looked to other regions. Day may return to getting the best of ohio like Tressel did. It will be interesting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT