ADVERTISEMENT

Who will be commit 6?

Hunter Johnson. As far as true Freshman go, I doubt we get too many more recruits before June. I might go with Graham as well or there are several RB's that we are in good shape with.

I'd go with Graham or Hill or the db from Trinity. With a smaller class, I expect Dbs to commit soon because we won't be signing very many. And two of our current WRs could switch to DB.

Longshot, but I'll say David Bell. He's gotta be getting impressed by this recruiting class. He probably won't commit for a while, but he's my darkhorse for number 6

Longshot, but I'll say David Bell. He's gotta be getting impressed by this recruiting class. He probably won't commit for a while, but he's my darkhorse for number 6
He said in a recent article that he is scheduling all his official visits for November & December with a decision after his senior season. I doubt he goes away from that.

He said in a recent article that he is scheduling all his official visits for November & December with a decision after his senior season. I doubt he goes away from that.
He may not commit this early, but I find it hard to believe that a high school kid, top prospect, is going to be patient enough to wait that long. I bet his timeline gets bumped up at some point.

Personally, if I was a recruit, I would love playing my senior year and getting called in news highlights "the boiler recruit."

I am going to go with Hunter Johnson too.
Getting Johnson would turn a lot of heads and couldn't hurt with recruiting. I think it would emphasize to recruits that this program is on the right track and is gonna do some serious damage in the Big Ten. Hope he comes to Purdue.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
Honestly, I’d be surprised if #6 isn’t already in the bag. The announcement is likely just a matter of choreography.
I would agree with this. brian has been leaking news this will be a big recruiting news weekend. I would believe the announcements will be on separate days to give each athlete a separate media spotlight.

Reactions: ChuckJr
Getting Johnson would turn a lot of heads and couldn't hurt with recruiting. I think it would emphasize to recruits that this program is on the right track and is gonna do some serious damage in the Big Ten. Hope he comes to Purdue.
Getting Johnson would be a top news story on ESPN right now on their college football page. It would be huge

Reactions: LonestarBoilerFan
He may not commit this early, but I find it hard to believe that a high school kid, top prospect, is going to be patient enough to wait that long. I bet his timeline gets bumped up at some point.

Personally, if I was a recruit, I would love playing my senior year and getting called in news highlights "the boiler recruit."
Bell, like Moore last class, is one you'd hold open a spot for, regardless of when he decides to commit.

As much as Purdue fans would like him to be called a "Boiler recruit", he's probably more enamored with the attention he'd get being undecided until one of the All-Star games or signing day. Let him have his moment, whenever that may be.

Getting Johnson would be a top news story on ESPN right now on their college football page. It would be huge
That is what I have mentioned a couple of times lately. Getting a 5 Star would just add fuel to the recruiting buzz. It might help to close some that are on the borderline of us and another team or two.

Reactions: JohnnyDoeBoiler
My guess it's somebody y who visited this week or somebody who will be attending the camp this weekend. I'm going with Graham. I do believe Hunter will commit before the 14th. but I feel somebody will be offered this weekend, and before he leaves, he'll accept the offer. Do we have any 4/5 stars visiting this weekend?

My guess it's somebody y who visited this week or somebody who will be attending the camp this weekend. I'm going with Graham. I do believe Hunter will commit before the 14th. but I feel somebody will be offered this weekend, and before he leaves, he'll accept the offer. Do we have any 4/5 stars visiting this weekend?

Ok!

ADVERTISEMENT