ADVERTISEMENT

Who was 2nd best player for Purdue during Keady era?

Who was 2nd best player for Purdue during Keady era?

• C. Austin

• C. Martin

• S. Scheffler

• T. Mitchell

• C. Landry

• W. Deane

• T. Lewis

• R. Cross

• J. Rowinski

Results are only viewable after voting.

njm8845

Senior
Jul 1, 2008
I'm assuming we all agree Big Dog was the best.

Choices must have appeared as a 1st team All-B10 selections

I'm assuming we all agree Big Dog was the best.

Choices must have appeared as a 1st team All-B10 selections

I'd say the best answer to your question, as posed, is probably Troy Lewis.

If you asked me to pick any player from the Keady era that I'd want on my team, it would be having Brian Cardinal for 4 years. Good teams need star players, no doubt. But it's guys like Cardinal who are, IMO, the secret ingredient to success.

Was Landry a Keady connect? I agree about Troy Lewis. For 4 years, we called him 'Oscar'...a stretch to be sure, but, like the Big O, Troy could do it all (much more modestly, of course!)

Reactions: ChuckJr
That's even more difficult than your CMP/player question...………...let's just combine them all into one!
Just need one giant-sized sledge hammer.
lxg-3.jpg

Was Landry a Keady connect? I agree about Troy Lewis. For 4 years, we called him 'Oscar'...a stretch to be sure, but, like the Big O, Troy could do it all (much more modestly, of course!)
Yes Carl committed to Keady and played 1 year for him. Then sat our with an injury redshirt in Coach Painter's first season. Played his last season for Coach Painter the year we went back to the NCAA and had a great team primed for a run, only to draw the defending champs in Florida for the second round. That has got to be one of the worst draws we've had. I feel like we could have had an elite 8 run in about any other region (because OSU wouldn't have been matched up with us).

Yes Carl committed to Keady and played 1 year for him. Then sat our with an injury redshirt in Coach Painter's first season. Played his last season for Coach Painter the year we went back to the NCAA and had a great team primed for a run, only to draw the defending champs in Florida for the second round. That has got to be one of the worst draws we've had. I feel like we could have had an elite 8 run in about any other region (because OSU wouldn't have been matched up with us).

I don't know, we've had some pretty bad draws.
- Kramer's senior year we got knocked down to a 4 seed and had to play Duke in the S16. Duke went on to win it.
- Hummel's senior year we had to play Kansas in the 2nd round, and played them really close. They ended up being runner-up.
- Last year we got in Nova's bracket. Obviously we didn't play them but nobody was touching Nova.

I don't know, we've had some pretty bad draws.
- Kramer's senior year we got knocked down to a 4 seed and had to play Duke in the S16. Duke went on to win it.
- Hummel's senior year we had to play Kansas in the 2nd round, and played them really close. They ended up being runner-up.
- Last year we got in Nova's bracket. Obviously we didn't play them but nobody was touching Nova.
Also, we played UCONN when they had Thabeet

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT