ADVERTISEMENT

Who signs with Purdue this fall?

Fans have to start realizing it’s not the schools who are paying the big nil contract offers. Those offers are coming from boosters and private companies. Miami didn’t give pack all that money, a booster did. The guy who paid pack all that money will find somebody new. And players can make their own nil deals. They don’t need to work those deals through the school or even require the school’s permission.

Purdue’s biggest problem is that their wealthiest donors are more interested in donating their money to academics rather than athletics. And are more interested in donating to cancer research and st Jude’s hospital than to giving to one and done athletes!

Places like Texas A&M are always going to have huge nil donors. Because their ethics and values are different than Purdue donors! My donations go to elementary schools, not athletes. The Armstrong Foundation donates very little to athletes! The same is true with Ely Lilly.

While not a popular opinion on this forum, I think it’s awesome these foundations choose to support cancer research and education And youth programs over giving money to athletes. I say let the pro teams fund college athletes! If you got that kind of money to give to LeBron and mahomes, let them pay the college stars!

Fans have to start realizing it’s not the schools who are paying the big nil contract offers. Those offers are coming from boosters and private companies. Miami didn’t give pack all that money, a booster did. The guy who paid pack all that money will find somebody new. And players can make their own nil deals. They don’t need to work those deals through the school or even require the school’s permission.

Purdue’s biggest problem is that their wealthiest donors are more interested in donating their money to academics rather than athletics. And are more interested in donating to cancer research and st Jude’s hospital than to giving to one and done athletes!

Places like Texas A&M are always going to have huge nil donors. Because their ethics and values are different than Purdue donors! My donations go to elementary schools, not athletes. The Armstrong Foundation donates very little to athletes! The same is true with Ely Lilly.

While not a popular opinion on this forum, I think it’s awesome these foundations choose to support cancer research and education And youth programs over giving money to athletes. I say let the pro teams fund college athletes! If you got that kind of money to give to LeBron and mahomes, let them pay the college stars!
Wow tend to agree. I’d rather support a helpful non profit via donation than some 18 year old kid to play basketball - even though he’s getting a free education.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT