ADVERTISEMENT

WHO KNEW? Purdue is #1 NIL in the country

this is more so helping the athletes earn more by having an NIL store and not through donors, correct? I would assume the $2M Hawkins received, is in a different “NIL category”?

Imagine that -- fans of a team that emphasizes the "TEAM" (and their development as players, students, and men) are willing to support their team/school by spending $$ on merchandise. I don't know if we have the highest overall paid team out there (I doubt it), but, to me, this is exactly how NIL should work.

Imagine that -- fans of a team that emphasizes the "TEAM" (and their development as players, students, and men) are willing to support their team/school by spending $$ on merchandise. I don't know if we have the highest overall paid team out there (I doubt it), but, to me, this is exactly how NIL should work.
Curb Your Enthusiasm Bingo GIF by Jason Clarke

this is more so helping the athletes earn more by having an NIL store and not through donors, correct? I would assume the $2M Hawkins received, is in a different “NIL category”?
I would also say that Purdue tries to be as equal as they can for everyone, so not to alienate teammates. What it sounded like with Pack and Miami a couple of years ago where his teammates knew how much more he was getting than they were.

Post of the week. And it's only Monday!

Reactions: z_one and jtanoos1
The timing was good with the NIL store, which is national and not affiliated with specific schools, because Purdue has really become a national brand (basketball-wise) during that timeframe. I imagine that a lot of this is due to just the basic bandwagon jumpers from across the country (probably kids).

This can be leveraged bigtime, moving ahead, outside of the influence of the Boilermaker Alliance, which is doing a great job of securing NIL donations as a Purdue-specific entity. I'm not sure but I think that the coaches coordinate with the Boilermaker Alliance to secure individualized NIL disbursements to the players that they are recruiting and/or currently on the team.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT