ADVERTISEMENT

Who is the next one to commit?

KentuckyBoiler

All-American
Jul 6, 2011
We are almost complete with this 2020 class. From the podcast that I have heard with Brian over the last 2 to 3 weeks, we are expecting to take 18. Moore was number 15. We have 3 spots available unless something majorly changes. Who is the next one to commit?

I would say that it is either Austin or Watkins. I know that Ox is not expecting to decided until he has taken some visits during the season. Are we done with OL or there still a chance there?

You know I have mentioned multiple times over the last few weeks how much I hope we get Carr. I think we have a great chance, because like Moore, he knows that Brohm will make him a centerpiece of his offense and maximize his size and skills to the fullest. However, he has said that he is still going to LSU for a visit, which could be like Karlaftis going out the West Coast for his one visit to just visit other schools. I am hoping this is the case here too. I know he is scheduled I believe to have his last visit with us.

I am hoping we are in a David Bell situation with Carr, because I think that last visit with us is like 3 to 4 days before his birthday, which is his official day to announce his decision. With Carr, and all the other weapons we could have now, is anyone else just stoked on what I our offense is going to look and be like it? Basketball on grass the sequel is coming back to theatres. I hate to say it, but Tiller did not have these types of weapons at RB and WR that Brohm is going to have. This offense is going to be like nothing we have seen. Sorry, getting ahead of myself. Just excited to see the possibilities.

I think this team is putting the pieces together to do something really special in the near future. In Brohm and his staff We Trust!

Think the Hudgins commitment closed the door on Watkins. Austin, Carr and maybe another OL to finish it out.

Sometimes I wonder if the kids think if there will be enough footballs to go around? So many talented wrs coming in.

Reactions: Roeder
We are almost complete with this 2020 class. From the podcast that I have heard with Brian over the last 2 to 3 weeks, we are expecting to take 18. Moore was number 15. We have 3 spots available unless something majorly changes. Who is the next one to commit?

I would say that it is either Austin or Watkins. I know that Ox is not expecting to decided until he has taken some visits during the season. Are we done with OL or there still a chance there?

You know I have mentioned multiple times over the last few weeks how much I hope we get Carr. I think we have a great chance, because like Moore, he knows that Brohm will make him a centerpiece of his offense and maximize his size and skills to the fullest. However, he has said that he is still going to LSU for a visit, which could be like Karlaftis going out the West Coast for his one visit to just visit other schools. I am hoping this is the case here too. I know he is scheduled I believe to have his last visit with us.

I am hoping we are in a David Bell situation with Carr, because I think that last visit with us is like 3 to 4 days before his birthday, which is his official day to announce his decision. With Carr, and all the other weapons we could have now, is anyone else just stoked on what I our offense is going to look and be like it? Basketball on grass the sequel is coming back to theatres. I hate to say it, but Tiller did not have these types of weapons at RB and WR that Brohm is going to have. This offense is going to be like nothing we have seen. Sorry, getting ahead of myself. Just excited to see the possibilities.

I think this team is putting the pieces together to do something really special in the near future. In Brohm and his staff We Trust!
I'm thinking that Bryce Austin will be next, but I'm also hoping for an OL commitment soon, as well.
There are two OL's that I'm particularly interested in; but I haven't seen either one of these guys, in action; but our staff certainly has. Branson Taylor, a 6'7", 285# OT, from Ohio. He has Purdue in his top 5. Also, Ibrahim Traore is a 6'5", 290# OT, that is ranked #7 in New York. I'd love to see either one, or both of these guys get on board.

Reactions: Chi-Boiler
I know you don't turn talent down when it comes to you, but I think I'd rather have an inside OL than 2 DTs if I had to choose.

I know you don't turn talent down when it comes to you, but I think I'd rather have an inside OL than 2 DTs if I had to choose.

We've already got 2 commits from interior linemen in Hartwig and Bycznski but I doubt this staff will turn down offensive linemen that they like. Brohmbardi has stated that his philosophy is to over recruit the o line.

We've already got 2 commits from interior linemen in Hartwig and Bycznski but I doubt this staff will turn down offensive linemen that they like. Brohmbardi has stated that his philosophy is to over recruit the o line.
That's true, plus the staff often has knowledge of the lineman's HS experience. So, even though he's listed as a OT, he may still possess the experience and/or skills to switch to an OG, or even Center. It happens quite often, even from year to year, depending on need. It may, or may not apply with these guys.

Well my thinking is that you can never have enough interior guys considering that's where we're the weakest ATM. I guess I should have said OL without specifics.

Pennsylvania OL can play center too

Sometimes I wonder if the kids think if there will be enough footballs to go around? So many talented wrs coming in.
Look at the top programs in the nation, they have five or six maybe 74 and five star wide receivers. It’s all about ego each one of them thinks and believes in themselves to the point that “they will be the man when game time comes around and ultimately it’s up to them to make it happen . CJB Proved it time and time again that if you’re on the field he’ll get you the ball to show the scale since you have had to help the team. So if he can keep doing that will keep getting receivers to commit who are top rated because of their ego

Reactions: Zaphod_B
As the kid of a pharmacist, I applaud him for shooting for the stars. The issue is it's a "weed out" major at Purdue.
Much like engineering it's a program that requires dedication and a large time commitment. I wonder if any young athlete really understands what demands will be placed on them as athletes in a difficult major. A pharmacy degree is difficult to complete but every time I have a prescription filled I'm glad it is difficult.

Aren't there any highly-rated defensive or offensive linemen named Moore that we could get to commit? Let's keep the names simple for remembering top players.
So, basically, with a team full of Moores, the advice would be to "Keep off the Moores".

Reactions: Dakota Girl
Much like engineering it's a program that requires dedication and a large time commitment. I wonder if any young athlete really understands what demands will be placed on them as athletes in a difficult major. A pharmacy degree is difficult to complete but every time I have a prescription filled I'm glad it is difficult.
Just shows how intelligent Sindelar is with him already gotten his bachelors in Engineering.

Aren't there any highly-rated defensive or offensive linemen named Moore that we could get to commit? Let's keep the names simple for remembering top players.
I would take Joe or Jeremy Moore in a heartbeat. The Moore name is to PU football as is Edwards to PU BBall.

Stinson just committed. Welcome Jaylen!!

We now have 2 CBs in this class. Unless we are expecting major attrition, we cannot have much more room than 2, possibly 3 spots left in this class. We know we want Carr to take 1 spot. If we get Austin, and maybe Watkins, is that it then? I think Ox will be a SEC commitment. UK just picked up a crystal ball recently for him.

Anybody else that we are pursuing hard at this point?

Last edited:
Carr uses his body and height so well. I think it would be incredible to have him on the outside with Bell or Wright on the other outside spot in Brohm's offense. Here is to hoping we get him or he is already a silent verbal.

The missus was an Academic All-American soccer player at Purdue while getting her PharmD. The amount of work they have to put in is incredible. After her eligibility was up and she was "just" an R.A. she barely knew what to do with all her time.

The missus was an Academic All-American soccer player at Purdue while getting her PharmD. The amount of work they have to put in is incredible. After her eligibility was up and she was "just" an R.A. she barely knew what to do with all her time.
Dad went back for his 50th reunion class back in the early 2010's. Sat next to the Dean of the school, here's tthe Cliff notes on the program then:

1100 applications for 110 openings each year.
Class now 75% female.
Average GPA of incoming class 3.75.
Average starting salary retail, $114K. Hospital, $117K. (I may have those reversed).

Great major to get into, especially for women. The hours allow a family and kids, and even working part time they'll still make close to $60K a year.

Reactions: 8541Boiler
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT