ADVERTISEMENT

Who is Purdues knee surgeon

jageh345

True Freshman
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2002
According to medical papers the normal recovery time for a torn ACL is 6 to 9 months.Neal and Worship are way beyond this time.I hope Purdue is using a well renowned highly successful surgeon for these injuries.Maybe the Gold and Black staff can shed some light on this.Why so long.

According to medical papers the normal recovery time for a torn ACL is 6 to 9 months.Neal and Worship are way beyond this time.I hope Purdue is using a well renowned highly successful surgeon for these injuries.Maybe the Gold and Black staff can shed some light on this.Why so long.
Name some big time athletes who got back to top form from an ACL tear in 6-9 months.

Something else is going on with worship at this point. Not every knee is the same and there is no guarantee you will fully recover.

Reactions: rjmpu82
Worship also had micro fracture surgery. Some ACL patients aren't as ready mentally as others even though they are medically cleared.

Oh no, not the dreaded MF word...
McFish?
tenor.gif

Reactions: Purdue0034
Rod Woodson
Disagree. He wasn’t back in top form in 6-9 months, and really I don’t think he ever got back to where he was.

In fact, he got moved from corner to safety not too long after the injury. But that was over 2 decades ago and the ACL was a much bigger deal back then.

Shelbourne clinic in Indy has tradionally performed PU athletic knee surgeries including both of Robbie Hummels.
Doc Shelbourne has been doing acl surgery for decades for Purdue. He Had a son play at Purdue a few yrs ago- long snapper.

For what it’s worth, both Neil and Bailey chose to have their surgeries independently in TX—- make of it as you wish?

Shelbourne clinic in Indy has tradionally performed PU athletic knee surgeries including both of Robbie Hummels.
Doc Shelbourne has been doing acl surgery for decades for Purdue. He Had a son play at Purdue a few yrs ago- long snapper.

For what it’s worth, both Neil and Bailey chose to have their surgeries independently in TX—- make of it as you wish?
He didn’t do Rob’s second surgery. And he doesn’t do many for Purdue athletes anymore. His method is considered archaic now.

Worship's knee injury was much worse than a normal ligament tear. He had multiple micro fracture surgeries to repair damage. From what I have heard, one of those micro fractures was very, very low in the knee and borderline..if not...on the upper shin.

ADVERTISEMENT