ADVERTISEMENT

Who here is a big PJ Fleck fan? (Everyone better raise your hands)

Iowa loses to Minny, Minny loses to Wisky, and of course Illinois gets housed by Michigan.

Purdue wins out and Lucas Oil burns to the ground in mysterious black and gold flames. The ONLY suitable place to play the B1G Championship game happens to be Ross Ade. OSU faints from the horror of facing that cursed stadium again and Purdue wins the B1G Title.

Any holes in that story?

Iowa loses to Minny, Minny loses to Wisky, and of course Illinois gets housed by Michigan.

Purdue wins out and Lucas Oil burns to the ground in mysterious black and gold flames. The ONLY suitable place to play the B1G Championship game happens to be Ross Ade. OSU faints from the horror of facing that cursed stadium again and Purdue wins the B1G Title.

Any holes in that story?
You forgot to mention Purdue’s secondary has an interception to seal the victory

I will pitch in with an oar next week......Gopher Up!

gty-1186573079-e1573333654175.jpg

86c8f0b1-a7d5-4700-b633-4bfe8b2a23b3_text.gif

• Haha
Reactions: rgarlitz
I said this before the Purdue game and it was the same today. If Iowa gets an early lead, they go conservative and their defense will win the game for them. If Minn wants to win, they need an early lead. And then force Iowa to try to catch up!

Reactions: pboiler18
Is any team that ties for the division considered a “co champ”? Is there a banner involved or do you have to go to Indy for that? I believe this is the latest we’ve been in a divisional race since the B1G went to divisions.

Is any team that ties for the division considered a “co champ”? Is there a banner involved or do you have to go to Indy for that? I believe this is the latest we’ve been in a divisional race since the B1G went to divisions.
I hope not. That's like the Colts putting up a banner for AFC Finalist.

There appears to be some precedent. Minnesota considers themselves 2019 western division co-champs. At least according to their wiki page. The other champ, Wisconsin, went to Indy that year.

There appears to be some precedent. Minnesota considers themselves 2019 western division co-champs. At least according to their wiki page. The other champ, Wisconsin, went to Indy that year.
Also 2011 Penn State. Leaders division co-champs.

That may be the Institution's choice but not "officially" recognized.

Looking at the Big Ten rules and official information, it would appear that there are now only Division Champions/Representatives (after settling any tie-breaker scenarios) and the Conference Champion (as winner of BTCG). There is also the possibility for a co-conference champion if the BTCG cannot be played.

Arguably, I did not find yet a statement that there would definitely be just one champion recognized in each division. The fact that they officially recognize co-champions in basketball regular season and state it in the rules would suggest they would state it affirmatively in football as well.

However, this is the Big Ten (plus four-soon-to-be six) conference, after all. :)

Last edited:
That may be the Institution's choice but not "officially" recognized.

Looking at the Big Ten rules and official information, it would appear that there is now only Division Champions/Representatives (after settling any tie-breaker scenarios) and the Conference Champion (as winner of BTCG). There is also the possibility for a co-conference champion if the BTCG cannot be played.

Arguably, I did not find yet a statement that there would definitely be just one champion recognized in each division. The fact that they officially recognize co-champions in basketball regular season and state it in the rules would suggest they would state it affirmatively in football as well.

However, this is the Big Ten (plus four-soon-to-be six) conference, after all. :)
Apparently this was a point of conflict between Minnesota and Wisconsin in 2019, as Minnesota staked the claim of division co-champs on their bowl rings. And Wisconsin fans were not having any of it.

https://www.buckys5thquarter.com/pl...s-co-b1g-west-champions-pj-fleck-row-the-boat

Any holes in that story?
Great way to look at it.Boiler up!

I can see both Purdue and Minnesota winning out. But, this is the B1G West. Iowa's defense might score four times on the Gophers.

Really, I just want to see Purdue win the next two. They're better than Northwestern and Indiana.

The rest of the chips can fall where they may.

I can see both Purdue and Minnesota winning out. But, this is the B1G West. Iowa's defense might score four times on the Gophers.

Really, I just want to see Purdue win the next two. They're better than Northwestern and Indiana.

The rest of the chips can fall where they may.
I really like this reasoning, down to earth and not asking for too much

Reactions: rgarlitz
I said this before the Purdue game and it was the same today. If Iowa gets an early lead, they go conservative and their defense will win the game for them. If Minn wants to win, they need an early lead. And then force Iowa to try to catch up!
they have to win the Special teams battle, have no TO's and force some from Iowa

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT